Default FFA Rooms Need to Go

1. Remove the free for all tavern brawl room.

2. Provide unique item rewards for consecutive victories in arena battles, possibly titles.

3. Or, keep ffa tavern brawls but implement a level range so a 20th can't one shot a level 4 who decides to try pvp'n. Yeah yea inc the ****** reply someone got killed in FFA arena. Sorry, thats not the case. I could care less if I get killed by some 20th on any of my alts however what I would like is a decent fight against someone within my level range.

4. Provide a better way to identify other players to show level. Someone jumps in and starts casting a spell, I have to right click them, then click the magnifying glass, to see oh they're 20th wizard... by that time I'm dead. Unless theres a faster way that I don't know about ?
    You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile. ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 17

Quote Originally Posted by skarwolf View Post
    Unless theres a faster way that I don't know about ?
    I'm not sure with the new default settings but pressing Backspace until you target him and then Z to examine him is way faster.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

1. The FFA areas are kinda fun. There are also other areas when you get into the red/blue team setup.

2. Originally there was gong to be some sort of scoreboard but it never worked out. Not opposed to battle gear or titles, they just have to have appropriate ML's and drops rates.

3. Thats where the team thing works out. Free For All kinda works against all the low level players.

4. If a wizard jumps in you better duck. Always assume spell casters are more dangerous then they look.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    If a wizard jumps in you better duck. Always assume spell casters are more dangerous then they look.
    DDO PvP: Self-healing spellcasters > Other spellcasters > Melee > Rogue
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    DDO PvP: Self-healing spellcasters > Other spellcasters > Melee > Rogue
    I disagree with this .

Self-healing spellcasters = prepared melee > other spell casters > bad melees > rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Community Member

Remove PvP from the game? I am in total agreement.

Great suggestion, OP

Quote Originally Posted by toastjeff View Post
    Remove PvP from the game? I am in total agreement.

Great suggestion, OP
    what he said
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    what he said
    /signed...lol

People just love to PvP in the Lobster. . .

What you could try doing, until some changes are made--is to put up a Lowbie LFM to PvP in a less popular tavern--There are 2 taverns in the marketplace that I never see high level alts PvP in, but that just might be the server I play on--or even the taverns in the houses could work for you.

When trying out new gear we always pick any tavern besides the Lobster. Also in the past if a specific challenge was made, it was done in any tavern excpet the Lobster, and 90% of the time we are the only people there.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    what he said
    Dont you start again !!

Quote Originally Posted by skarwolf View Post

Provide a better way to identify other players to show level. Someone jumps in and starts casting a spell, I have to right click them, then click the magnifying glass, to see oh they're 20th wizard... by that time I'm dead. Unless theres a faster way that I don't know about ?
    There is another way !!

It may not be faster BUT it does work !!

GET YOUR TOON TO 20TH LVL !!

As a toon that spends alot of time in PvP ..... Ya getting owned by bigger toons will always happen.

I realize that its hard at first BUT eventually you start to recognize names of toons and you will know approx what lvl they are and what style of fighting / ganking you should expect from that player

On another note ........ at lvl 4 ...... Your best option is to check out what lvls other toons are while still standing on the balcony looking down at the pit !

Also ....... I have had tons of 4th-10th lvl toons complain that I killed them AFTER they swung at me 100's of times.

TAKE A LOOK AT OTHERS LVL BEFORE SWINGING !!

Eventually I get bored of seeing " Miss - Miss - Miss - Miss - 1pt - Miss - Save - 1pt - Miss - Miss "

Then its time for you to die !!

12. 12-09-2009, 02:01 PM

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    /signed...lol
    /signed

To OP: DDO is not meant to have PvP...actually even the FFA rooms were only added to try and convince china to run servers. So don't hold your breath on any improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Sausage?
    Last edited by revenftbm; 08-04-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    /signed...lol

What they said.

Quote Originally Posted by toastjeff View Post
    remove Pvp From The Game? I Am In Total Agreement.

Great Suggestion, Op :d
    +1
    Proud member of Ordos Draconum