Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I currently have a lvl 13 elf pally. MyDDO is linked in my sig.

I'm afraid that i'll be useless at mid-high to end game. What i want is to be a High AC sword/board tank w/ two hand weapons for DPS.

I've used a +2 everything tome, and I'm going to Greater Reincarnate at 14. I'd like to stay pure pally to 20. Can someone suggest how i should reincarnate to make maximum use of my toon and have the best potential to be viable as a high AC toon?

thanks in advance.

Default Request for a build

Specs:
    32 pt.
    Vet Status
    want 12 Ranger/7 Fighter/ 1 Monk
    Doesn't have to solo much
    Tempest and Khopesh Kensai (ie, DPS)
    any race is fine.

Thanks =)

*I've already started my own build for this, but I'll gladly take any other builds into account for fine-tuning purposes*
    Last edited by Blank_Zero; 03-17-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Default Solable Arcane Pure Ranger

Hello

Thank you in advance for assisting me in recreating my ranger, as I am just getting back in the game after a 4 year absence.

My Ranger is an Elf, Lawful Good, he is currently lvl 9 and I haven't been able to figure out how to reset his stats so that I can respec to arcane. Also I am on the 28 point spec as I am using the f2p package. Ty

http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/hodon/

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I will also use this build you make for me to probably start a new ranger (pure only) on another server. Thanks again in advance.
    Last edited by Pijo; 03-15-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Community Member

Default wizard request

first two questions and info to work with. im vip but havent unlocked 32 pt builds just yet. 1: is a drow wizard feasible? or is it really better to have a 28 pt warforged for self healing?
    2: how great is the wizard capstone? is it worth giving up the trap monkey skills and evasion you can get by taking 2 levels or rogue?
    can a straight wizard get a high enough umd to make it worth while to spend the skill points on it? (ok, thats three questions, my bad)
    if you could design a build with those questions in mind you would be my new best friend. or, point me to a good build already posted on these forums. while im not entirely new, i dont have unlimited resources to spend on the auction house. i will say if i enjoy playing the character i can invest in a plus 2 tome of supreme ability from the ddo store. (i'll give turbine money but not the plat farmers). thank you and have a good day.

Community Member

I'm looking for a good build in the level 4-8 range for tanking (preferably with intimidate)/survivability without a healer. I have pretty much everything build-wise (32-point, drow, warforged, fvs, monk, vet).

Basically looking for a vet character I can roll up on whatever server my kids decide to play on that week and be the tank as well as be able to survive when they don't want to roll a healer. I've looked at the Godhand build but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. Also, tried an intimicleric and did not like the play style.

Finally, this character will not be making it past the level 8-10 range. I have characters I can play with them if they get that high so it's fine if the build is sub-optimal end-game. I'm looking for something that's brokenly good early on with minimal to no gear - I need to be able to roll this up on any server and be ready to go out of the box.

Default wizard req- buff casting/melee fighting?

i would love a wiz who can fight melee style, and cast self buffs, pref a wf 32-34 point build.. i have seen some around from ddo korea but they won't discuss their builds with me.. if anyone knows a good one alrdy, or if one can be created, i would love it, doesn't have to be pure, but the main portion wizard-wf. I have access to +2 tomes no prob, just not higher, normally..
    Raineyday, Healerwurm, Raineydayz, Kaaryn, Ronyn, Wildwurmx..

Community Member

Can you show me a good 32 point build for an elf rogue? I'm new to the game so I'm not good at this yet. I'd like the rogue to be an assassin.

Thumbs up

nice work on builds and ty for taking time to help +1 rep

Default Build request please :)

First off I would just like to say thank you for providing a valuable resource such as this. I've been scouring the web for hours trying to find advice on a drow bard build as well as a drow monk build. Notes regarding the builds and what I am aiming for are below.

Drow Bard: I run with an AMAZING bard through level 6-ish stuff currently that is always making the mobs dance, or he holds them or just absolutely incredible CC power. I want that but I've read where alot of those builds sacrifice health to the point it's scary for end game.

Drow Monk: I've toyed around with the monk class via the cookie cutter paths offered on character creation and I really love the theory of the monk class, I am just confused on whether to go with a dex finesse build or the strength build as I've seen so many people go back and forth on the matter.

Once again, thank you for your time and assistance!!!!

10. 03-30-2010, 07:58 AM

Community Member

Default 28 point, totaly f2p, slashy combat archer please =]

Hi, just wanna say thanks for the contribution to the comunity, I can see this benefiting a lot of players =]

My build...
    Well, I have been trying to think of a build that would be my ideal playstyle for some time now, something I would severely enjoy, and I have come up with a few things that would make my perfect char. Im not that experienced when it comes to creating builds, so I dont know if what Im thinking of is possible. heres the challenge...

1. combat (DPS) focused
    2. ballanced ranged/twf capabilities (possible? or would I have significantly weaker DPS?)
    3. solo capable yet party friendly
    4. elf or human preferably
    5. khopesh focused? or if elf, would scimitar be better?
    6. slashing focus & spec? (thought it might give me better DPS aswell as more toys to play with effectively)
    7. can be mixed class
    8. finesse or str based

is it doable? o.O

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverant_Spark View Post
    Hi, just wanna say thanks for the contribution to the comunity, I can see this benefiting a lot of players =]

My build...
    Well, I have been trying to think of a build that would be my ideal playstyle for some time now, something I would severely enjoy, and I have come up with a few things that would make my perfect char. Im not that experienced when it comes to creating builds, so I dont know if what Im thinking of is possible. heres the challenge...

1. combat (DPS) focused
    2. ballanced ranged/twf capabilities (possible? or would I have significantly weaker DPS?)
    3. solo capable yet party friendly
    4. elf or human preferably
    5. khopesh focused? or if elf, would scimitar be better?
    6. slashing focus & spec? (thought it might give me better DPS aswell as more toys to play with effectively)
    7. can be mixed class
    8. finesse or str based

is it doable? o.O

Simple answer. Yes. Its a very secret build. ranger. Max str. Pump con up as high as possible. Take a 10 in wisdom (easier to find + 4 wisdom items at level to cast level 4 spells). Want more solo ability? Take your first level as a rogue. Keep trap skills maxed. Enjoy.

Hi, humble noob seeking help here. Can you pls help reform the 28 build (18Fighter/2Rogue) from http://ddowiki.com/page/Reformed_Thief into a 32 build? I'm looking at the follow:

1) Melee only
    2) TWF
    3) Open to any mix of melee classes
    4) DPS Focus followed by Survival
    5) Able to Solo decently and maybe Clr Hireling for Hard and above.
    6) Human or Drow preferbly.

Thank you very much!

Community Member

New player here and if you could I'd love it if you could help me with a build along the following lines:

- TWF DPS
    - Drow
    - OK solo / excellent group (primary focus)
    - using rapiers or swords
    - able to open locks / disarm traps through most places (it's OK if can't do the super high end stuff)

Also, as I've mentioned I'm new to the game (or more accurately returning on a new blank account) so I don't have the funding for tomes / hand-down gear.
    Last edited by Tank-n-Spank; 04-05-2010 at 10:56 PM.

sorry havent seen the bard/rogue build so...
    Last edited by dragoels1n5; 04-09-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Cool Build

Hey i need a build i'ma make a 32pt build hafling monk pure all through lv 20 takeing path of light but i can't think of a good build that would likely support my chat i would use a +1 con tome if neccesary but need a build soo could u think of 1 for me and send me link?

I just came back after some time away (since early last year). I wanted to start a new toon to re-acclimate to things but being away I was having trouble planning out a build not knowing how things have changed. My last toon was a monk splashed tempest ranger with a level of rogue - high a/c and stat damage focused - but I understand high a/c builds may not be what they used to, at least not without really elite gear and I understand stat damages are no tthe way to go like they where.

So, what I want is a TWF strength guy who is relatively tough, I am inclined to 18 ranger and splashes of other things but open to any combo I suppose that gets be a good DPS guy, TWF, and at least on the better side of tough (not necessarily a tank but no glass cannon type). Also, not sure I will be sticking around long term so building for end game is not big, big concern (though I hate to build any toon that is high end gimped), I suppose I just mean to say that I would rather be effective/functional for the first two thirds of the game rather than the last third so long as the last third the toon can still be viable. I have 32 point and drow and whatnot available, no fav soul though and I prefer either human or elf/drow - not so much a fan of halfing and dwarf and whatnot though willing to try if it really matters to a build.

I like splashing in rogue to start out, the utilitarian function of having rogue capabilities is really nice, though I am open to other possibilities. I had thought of something like 1 rogue, 1 XXX, 18 ranger but I am not sure what to do with that extra multiclass level - monk is what I did on my other tempest but he was dex based so I am not sure how much sense that makes on a strength build.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by gHzSWB; 04-11-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Khyber: Agynt Smyth, Agynte Smyth, Ajynt Smyth, Ajynte Smyth, Agyynt Smyth
    Achiever 60.00%, Socializer 53.00%, Killer 47.00%, Explorer 40.00%
    Intel Core i7 Quad, Intel X58 SLi, 6G Corsair XMS DDR3, Intel X-25 SSD, 3 WD Velociraptor SATA SuperTrak SAS EX8650 Array, OCZ 1250W PS, GTX 295, xFi, 32" 1080p LCD

Default Requesting

can i get a build on a Arcane Archer with either 16 FvS/2 Archer/2 Monk or just cange the FvS to Wiz I don't care what race but i would possibly like a drow if that is possible thx

Default Acrobatic combat rogue

I`d like to get a rogue focused mainly on dps, but with a good abillity to take out traps, open locks etc..
    i`d prefer a good jump, and trap/lock/secret door finding and disabling/opening..
    Like, 3/5 dps and 2/5 acrobat trap disabler and that..
    Weapons preferred : Dagger/shortsword/rapier..
    TWF Halfling rogue would be my ideal
    Stats would be something that fits for the build.

requirements
    - 28pt build
    . Stats that fit for the build
    - Pure rogue build preferred, can multiclass if needed
    - Average rogue AC
    - Normal hitpoints
    - OK dps, like normal.. not uber since i go for trap disabling stuff too
    - Combat focused feats - Not sneaky peaky feats
    - Hit points, well.. i couldnt care a lot since im no tank

order of importance:
    - Decent DPS
    - Trap monkeying, sensing and lock opener, i`d love a good tumble too so i can roll under traps
    - HP and AC, i`m gonna run around a bit so i wont be a easy target

Community Member

Hello,

i've been messing around a few days now trying to think/steal a build that would work for me and my wife (duo, she's rogue going for dark blade)

i decided i want to play as a Fvs with a focus on melee (dual scimmy/longsword?) with healing and buffing support.

the build i wanted to use as a template was http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=200561
    the problem is i neither have 32 point builds NOR money for tomes. i do have drow unlocked

my starting stats would be a bit lower: 14, 17, 12, 8, 14, 10 (regular elf)
    but are there things i should change/alter/do a lot different?
    or is there a much more effective plan to work with?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by me
    I'm looking for a multiclass build that combines soloability and versatility. For instance, I currently have a Paladin with a splash of Sorcerer, who works really well.
    I've thought about my original request, and I'm modifying it.

I want a 32pt Human Ranger who is able to combine the Deepwoods Sniper and Tempest paths: stealth, bow, and two-weapon fighting. I think that taking 2 levels of fighter might be good, for the feats and enhancements it gives me.

-- Also, every character I've ever planned out in advance had to make major changes before getting past mid-level, so feel free to stop when you get to a good breakpoint around level 10.
    Last edited by shawnvw; 04-13-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast