My father and I play together frequently, but we tend to avoid groups while teaming.

We have access to all races, all classes, 32 pt. buy, and any tome +2 or less (we would prefer to severely limit tome use to only what is necessary though, because we not only plan to reincarnate eventually, but we currently can only acquire them with ddo points.)

As we only work with each other (and hirelings when necessary) we are, for all intents and purposes, solo characters. We both need sturdy armor class, dps is desirable as is evasion, and at least one of us needs to be a good healer (or both skilled at self heal). The ability to deal with traps and locks would also be beneficial for one of us.

We have tried several combinations for this pair but we hit a wall that would do china proud when we reach level 11.

If you would prefer I get more specific on the topic of class to narrow the field, I can, but my expertise is limited in character builds and I feel that you would probably be better at choosing the specifics than myself.

In theory we could both function off the same build (a good solo build, logically, would be just as good if you doubled it) but if you happened to have the time to, two separate characters would be able to accomplish more if they were diversified to maximize their potential as a team.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for the help you've offered everyone in the thread thus far!