Default Will True Reincarnation be the death of my alts?

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=85

Anyone else considering just focusing on one character now?
    /TELL Tackilack ~ Tackalack ~ Taq ~ Heartattack ~ Scrooge

Not planning on TR. I'm an altaholic! GR maybe, would be nice to give my main better CON. lol
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Meh, depends on how the process of resurrection carries out.

I don't even know if it would be worth resurrecting my character in my opinion; granted, the benefits are good, but starting over again is just something im a bit touchy about; of course, if Turbine decided level 20 was the max cap, then I would most certainly have to do it.

Well, I will probably try the completionist thing once. However, the current TR passive feat thing totally sucks. If I WANT to play a cleric then they should be encouraging me to buildup a character that I want to play and perfect by playing a cleric. Not a Barbarian/Fighter/Monk/Rogue/Paladin/Ranger/FvS/Sorc/Bard/Wizard/Cleric/Barbarian/Barbarian/Fighter/Fighter/Monk/Monk/Rogue/Rogue/Paladin/Paladin/Ranger/FvS/FvS/Sorc/Sorc/Bard/Bard/Wizard/Wizard/Cleric/Cleric
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

One character sounds like a pretty boring way to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Not imo, i like working on one character, i'v never made alts in other games. However i think i will have about 3 here after TR.

A melee oriented one, who never needs to have a turn around the wheel as a caster since there's no benifit at all, a caster oriented, prolly end up as a sorc, no real need to run the melee types, few might be nice, but no pressing need, and a hagglebot

Will have 2-3 all things said and done likely.
    Been debating TR'ing sorc for compleitonsist, and the more i think of it the more i wont. I'll go sorc x1 change him to warforged and be happy. My cleric i will make a favoured soul, and then debate if i want to continue on to completionist.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Halock View Post
    Not imo, i like working on one character, i'v never made alts in other games. However i think i will have about 3 here after TR.

A melee oriented one, who never needs to have a turn around the wheel as a caster since there's no benifit at all, a caster oriented, prolly end up as a sorc, no real need to run the melee types, few might be nice, but no pressing need, and a hagglebot
    What makes this game interesting is no two classes play the same. Heck, two builds of the same class don't play the same. And then you add multiclassing.

If you stick with 1 or 2 chars you miss most of the game.

For example, "caster" as if there is only one type. Cleric, FvS, Wiz, Sorc, Bard to some degree, all play differently and all shine in different places. WF Wiz vs Squishy wiz, another big change in play. Same for "melee", my 2 barbarians don't even play the same, never mind ranger, monk, pali, etc.

What makes this game interesting is no two classes play the same. Heck, two builds of the same class don't play the same. And then you add multiclassing.

If you stick with 1 or 2 chars you miss most of the game.

For example, "caster" as if there is only one type. Cleric, FvS, Wiz, Sorc, Bard to some degree, all play differently and all shine in different places. WF Wiz vs Squishy wiz, another big change in play. Same for "melee", my 2 barbarians don't even play the same, never mind ranger, monk, pali, etc.
    My thoughts exactly

I will still want to play different characters, and if I rebuild a character with TR it will still be the same character for me, just without the most glaring mistakes

TR is for the completionist mindset. Imo, it is nothing but a psychological trap. Even for powergamers, it will take years to perfect 2 characters. All that time you won't be getting new loot either. Better gear/tomes vs some minor passive bonuses.

By the time you get completionist on one character, you could have 3-4 maxed out in tomes, favor, and epic gear.

i'll probably TR my main barb twice up to a 36 point. But not till he hits his 20th tower, and gets enough epic tokens for both rerolls; shouldnt take much longer.

while the passive bonuses are nice; theres noway I'm going to spend the next year doing nothing but the level grind. already know its going to take me 2-3 months to finish the first two rolls.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

So you mean just because you will have the same name and reincarnate from lets say a barb to a cleric its the same boring thing? You hove to be kiding me its like having 10 alts in one at diferent stages.......

Yes I will reincarnate my monk and only her for now getting my raids to even number and wishing to store some usefull tomes.

BTW how many more classes are we missing from ddo to come in the future? I would wait for it and then use my tomes..... see ya in 10 years LOL

Other question does it matter how you reincarnate or you can take any of the passive/active feats at any time?
    Lets say you were monk and go bard next and then sorc..... and so on can you stil pick up the bard past life feat?
    Aussie, Minimonbon,Rockstarr-Leader of Utopia
    Trade List

Reincarnation has no effect on whether or not people will play 1 character or multiple characters.

If someone likes playing different classes through multiple characters now, that person will not change after reincarnation is introduced.

If someone likes playing one character now, they'll continue playing one character after reincarnation is introduced.

There is enough effort to do a true reincarnation that a person isn't going to be able to play a barb one night and a cleric the next night at level cap.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Come on guys... doesn't any of you realize that the Completionist feat is about 99% likely to be a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieee View Post
    So you mean just because you will have the same name and reincarnate from lets say a barb to a cleric its the same boring thing? You hove to be kiding me its like having 10 alts in one at diferent stages.......
    Reincarnating from class to class but still only having 1 or 2 active chars at a time (which was the OPs point) would be boring to me. If you have 10 alts in different stages then it doesn't matter if they are fresh rolls are TR, you have 10 alts...which is what I was suggesting was better. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyn View Post
    Come on guys... doesn't any of you realize that the Completionist feat is about 99% likely to be a joke?
    I don't think so, people are planning on it. The fact that there was even a disclosure relating to future classes impact makes me think they might be serious. Frankly if someone wants to grind THAT much they deserve something for it lol.

I don't think so, people are planning on it. The fact that there was even a disclosure relating to future classes impact makes me think they might be serious. Frankly if someone wants to grind THAT much they deserve something for it lol.
    I simply cannot believe it is real (Completionist Feat) when the first line of it is: "You win DDO! ..."

No way will it be the death of alts. Unless you are the type of person who only plays one style of character (only melee toons, or mages, or healers, etc), TR won't really provide anything better than just rolling a new toon. You will only be saving yourself the trouble of gathering bound loot, which in many cases won't transfer very well among the different styles.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by krud View Post
    No way will it be the death of alts. Unless you are the type of person who only plays one style of character (only melee toons, or mages, or healers, etc), TR won't really provide anything better than just rolling a new toon. You will only be saving yourself the trouble of gathering bound loot, which in many cases won't transfer very well among the different styles.
    Thank you for stating what has basically been my impression about this. Admittedly I am still very low level and new to DDO, but it just seems to me, from what I can gather, that True Reincarnation, aside from the past-life feats (and how good those are is open to question), is basically just a way of unlocking a twinked 34/36 point build with greater XP requirements. Oh, and there's an 'aura' too. Moreover, the benefits of keeping gear (assuming that the gear is even appropriate for the new class/build) and extra points seem offset by the fact that this build unlocking is per character, not per account/server. Still, I think it's great to have more options for capped characters, even if it just gives more variations to explore, which is the whole point, I guess.

So I think I understand this compleationist feat....

On only 1 character you would need to get every passive feat.

To really perfect said character...you would need to TR 3 times per class to stack that feat 3 times then move on to your next class of character...so I am looking at...

All x3 - Fighter/Barb/Rogue/Monk/Ranger/Palidin/Bard/Sorc/Wiz/Cleric/FvS/and any new stuff.

Whew....that is a lot of grinding.

So will the passive feat of the FvS and Sorc spell points stack with each other?

Edit...I may be also misunderstanding things.

If you reincarnate to another class...would you bring the last passive feat with you or would you only get the feat that is tied with the class you just reincarnated from.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 11-22-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites