Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is the best PVP class+race combo?

I'm looking for an all-around PVP class+race combo. I know that different builds have different strengths depending on who you're fighting so I'm looking for an all-around PVP character. Please let me know what you think are the strongest builds.

Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post
    I'm looking for an all-around PVP class+race combo. I know that different builds have different strengths depending on who you're fighting so I'm looking for an all-around PVP character. Please let me know what you think are the strongest builds.
    We'll I love my toons

Elven ranged speccd

However

The most popular seems to be WF sorc Pally builds

"Tukaw" build to be exact

There is a link here somewhere on these Forums about his build.

Ultimega's got a pretty good toon on Khyber as well ..... I'm not 100% sure of his build but it works pretty well in PvP also

favsoul18/mnk2 dwarf, max wis, con16, rest in cha
    as feats maximise, empower, enlarge, heighten, quicken, extend, toughness

btw, didnt you ask that already in another thread?
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Some variation of a Warforged Sorc seems to be top-notch.
    96th_Malice is correct: the "Tukaw" build has re-defined PvP on Khyber.... no other build really stands a change. (16 Sorc / 2 Pally / 2 Rogue)

However, such a build is very very gear dependent.

Visty also has a point, how Favored Soul / 2 Monk has begun to emerge as a decent PvP build, but I haven't seen anyone perfect it yet.
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by praetor View Post
    Edit: removed for appearing to inflammatory. I'll just say this: you really don't want to plan your character around PvP.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

The main thing is to be a caster... A ranger with manyshot has a chance, I suppose...

Basically, the obvious is true... Being able to kill from a distance beats the guy who has to get close to you to hit you.

Also, DDO doesn't have PvP (Let's derail THIS thead too!!! - just kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pwesiela View Post
    Edit: removed for appearing to inflammatory. I'll just say this: you really don't want to plan your character around PvP.
    This is true... If your main focus is PvP in this game, you're likely to be very bored most of the time.

Community Member

The cleric monk is better for the pit. He's got access to the better pvp spells cause he can carry all the lvl 4's that tick away. Plus you can just pour points into con/wis and not have to worry about cha. The only thing you miss out on is better saves and some more hps (and the wings of course )
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

For pvp

melée
    --------
    2rog18pally WF
    20barb WF
    2monk6rngr12fighter halfling

Caster
    ---------
    2rog18wiz WF
    20 sorc WF

cleric
    --------
    20cleric Dwarf
    2monk18cleric Dwarf
    2monk18fvs Dwarf
    20fvs dwarf

melée/caster (not bad)
    ----------------------------
    2rog2pally16sorc WF

The top pvpers have most of the build but from ghallada and khyber the best pvpers are:

khyber
    ----------
    Ultimega
    Tukaw
    Megadude
    And of course cassiee (eat box)

ghallanda
    -------------
    Tatic
    Avius
    Kazzer
    Salo
    Ryiden
    Krazzer

For pvp you want to look for a few things. Surviabitly, saves, self heal,high crits, evasion*,for melée you want good dps and a high trip dc.

One reason tukaw is so good is because he has self healing great dps ton of guards great dps evasion

You can have the best toon but if you can't pvp you may suck also the best pvpers have tons of gear on their favorite toons to play tukaw has so much gear it's crazy

You can find tukaw and ultimega's build in the forums

Aldo most dps toons use great axes because the range you can hit from afar and also you attack faster and when you twitch with your buffs the dps is amazing
    Sarlona:Hematoma,Ceethreepeeo,Masturwindew,Aretwodeetoo,Ohbeewahn[color=white].

Proud Leader of Zerger's Anonymous

Community Member dragonhighlord1's Avatar

Default Does pvp matter in DDO?

Not sure if I am missing something with all the new content, but the only place to pvp is the little tavern brawl areas? no good vs evil, large areas, or pvp raids? Or a tracker of kills, or reward for kills?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonhighlord1 View Post
    Not sure if I am missing something with all the new content, but the only place to pvp is the little tavern brawl areas? no good vs evil, large areas, or pvp raids? Or a tracker of kills, or reward for kills?
    jep, you are missing seomthing

the CTF and TDM arenas to be exactly
    in each tavern with a brawling pit is also a guy which sends you to those arenas
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by dragonhighlord1 View Post
    There are larger arena's yes.

BUT

As for rewards ...... nothing but personal satisfaction and to me thats MORE than enough !!

Default warf0rged fighter ftw!!

warforged fighter has best gear tbh and pally overpowerd it is like having a fighter with a little bit of cleric (srsly..) it is better to do 2v2 fighter and cleric combo.

(>•.•)>

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    We'll I love my toons

Elven ranged speccd

However

The most popular seems to be WF sorc Pally builds

"Tukaw" build to be exact

There is a link here somewhere on these Forums about his build.

Ultimega's got a pretty good toon on Khyber as well ..... I'm not 100% sure of his build but it works pretty well in PvP also
    WRONGGGG pvping Builds Are: 18 fvs 2monk 20 sorc 18wizard 2monk 18cleric/2monk Tukaw is Useless In Pvp I Own anyone of his "Clones" with a lvl 12 PEACE

Pvp Is Useless Yes I Agree they should Change But I do it Becuz with me Once I Start I cant stop Unless theres a Shroud Run But I suggest dont Pvp unless they Fix this Pvp Mod

I personally like rock, though I understand others like paper or scissors.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
    Some variation of a Warforged Sorc seems to be top-notch.
    96th_Malice is correct: the "Tukaw" build has re-defined PvP on Khyber.... no other build really stands a change. (16 Sorc / 2 Pally / 2 Rogue)

However, such a build is very very gear dependent.

Visty also has a point, how Favored Soul / 2 Monk has begun to emerge as a decent PvP build, but I haven't seen anyone perfect it yet.
    Tukaw build is good, but not undestructable. Sure since U9 where the 16/2/2 build of tukaw doesn't get his tier 3 air savant. I also do not know how the Tukaw build can survive 100% (because if he is undestructable, he must at least win 90% of the battles) versus a 18/2 FvS/monk like mine, just strip any pale with 1 or 2 meteor swarms then crit over 500 with searing light and finish it off with a 100 hit deïfic? If you do not crit: 700 HP isn't easy to beat

Dwarf and warforged seem to be the best classes to me. Dwarfs because they get +5 to saves and extra constitution, and warforged because of the immunities, constitution and selfhealing.

WF 18sorc/2Monk with 5 pale lavender ioun stones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast