Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Looking for build help

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game, made a true barbarian, started a warchanter type, dabbled with monk and made a cleric that I found a little boring. I was just hoping you guys could suggest to me what a good build for me.

what I am looking for/things about my account:
    -I pretty much prefer to melee, casting and buffing is cool I guess but I enjoy being in the fray
    -I think the Monk class seems to be cool and I followed the Rockan Robin build as best I could but I've been reading that Monk dps isn't too hot and I really don't want to level all the way up and not be able to do anything
    -also I have unlocked Drow but not 32 pt builds
    What I am not looking for:
    -A build that has to have tomes at level 1 or really before level 10, I didn't level my highest character all that high and I only have access to 20k plat, I could buy the tomes I guess from the store but I'd rather not do that.

Any suggestions you guys have for me would be a huge benefit

My opinion, I like to play a little bit of everything but my favorite tank that I play is my strength based ranger. Can do good melee damage and ranged when needed, I would say good starter for most.
    {_______________________Untouchable________________________}

{_Oxvon Oxbot Oxdoc Oxbeat Oxfu Oxton Unearth Deadbolt Daath Oxon Oxen_}

Dwarven str tempest ranger.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    Dwarven str tempest ranger.
    QFFun, do this. Though I recommend the Monster (12 fighter/6 ranger/2 monk). You'll enjoy always having the highest kill count. . and once u get the hang of it, you take very little damage and die very rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by thevin2883 View Post
    -I think the Monk class seems to be cool and I followed the Rockan Robin build as best I could but I've been reading that Monk dps isn't too hot and I really don't want to level all the way up and not be able to do anything
    That's the old news. Rockan Robin is not a DPS build, no, but is a very powerful build that has decent DPS when properly equipped with the new uber rings.

STR Ranger is also a very good call -- I agree with those who have suggested that. (While I'm at it -- anybody gotta a link to an updated Dwarf Ranger 18/Fighter 2 DPS build? It's a great build and I keep wanting to link people to one, but can't seem to find a current one posted.)

But if you want to play a Monk, I feel pretty confident you won't be unhappy with RR.

If you prefer a pure DPS direction, but wanna LOOK like a Monk, check out The Hammer -- linked below. But be warned that getting optimal DPS out of a "monk" requires some SERIOUSLY uber equipment. (That said, Hammer DPS is still "OK" with subpar equipment.)
    Last edited by Thanimal; 11-05-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Community Member

thanks for all the tips so far guys