Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Permadeath Guild

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/The_Permadeath_Guild

Rules are simple....

1. No P.U.G. (PickUp Group) outside ally permadeath guilds after Level 4
    2. You can only be resurrected from spells, items & non DDO Store Cakes. No Rez Shrines or DDO Store Items.
    3. You can only resurrected a total of 1/2 your level.

If you would like to join, and you are not over level 4. do a search for any guildmembers for an invite.
    Last edited by Dradle; 11-06-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    ~ May the Force be with You ~
    I helped fix what SomeOne brokE

The problem with this is that until you can make a character that plays on a Permadeath Server that the game enforces you can't honestly believe that people will play by the rules. How do you know they didn't buy at item from an ALT? They could just say the soloed it or bought it from the AH and farmed enough gold. While I think DDO is hard enough and it's not necessary to make the game harder then it is; I still respect this play style. I just find some thing very difficult to enforce that relies on the honesty of some one.

Trust

Good luck with that.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Seriously, Whats the point of playing permadeath if your going to cheat yourself? Its like Unlocking God Mode in DOOM and then bragging to your friends that you Beat it....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by EAB View Post
    Good luck with that.
    You obviously have never played PD. If you want to play PD you do it. The Officers and Guild Leaders of PD guilds do not have to police the members... they came there with the commitment to do it.

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dikembe View Post
    You obviously have never played PD. If you want to play PD you do it. The Officers and Guild Leaders of PD guilds do not have to police the members... they came there with the commitment to do it.
    /signed

Although, I can honestly say I have policed players before, it is very easy, a toon called BAEbackwards has been advancing his character hard and quickly picking up amazing gear along the way, running all kinds of challenging quests, yet when I grouped with him, he lacked skill and many of the tactics needed to survive in permadeath not to mention his builds are gimped. So, I watch him go into proof is in the poison solo with his level 4 pure Barbarian weilding a great axe (LOL), I wait and watch the guild page in the social panel, wait patiently, then his toon goes direct from the quest to the Leaky Dingy. Shortly after I send a tell, "How did proof is in the poison go, did you die?", he replies "NO, I recalled", I respond with the Remove from Guild button!!!!!!!!!!!

New players dont think it can be policed but it can easily be policed, not that it needs to because 99% of the players that play permadeathare there for the challenge of the playstyle and want to abide by the guild rules!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Community Member

I joined as soon as I was logged in, as I wanted to see what a PD guild was like. I played pnp for many years, thought it has also been years since I have played. I wanted to have the same feeling for my character that I had then.

I am really looking forward to being at the edge of my seat playing a game.

Smile Wanting to play PD

I just started my toon "Kwiksand" on Orien today (like everyone else) and I would like to play PD on this server.

I will look for you in game, and if you see me please invite.

Thanks and happy gaming

Looking for a PD guild on this server.

Goba is my character name, level 1 rogue currently.

Default Quick question on names...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarc View Post
    /signed

Although, I can honestly say I have policed players before, it is very easy, a toon called BAEbackwards has been advancing his character hard and quickly picking up amazing gear along the way, running all kinds of challenging quests, yet when I grouped with him, he lacked skill and many of the tactics needed to survive in permadeath not to mention his builds are gimped. So, I watch him go into proof is in the poison solo with his level 4 pure Barbarian weilding a great axe (LOL), I wait and watch the guild page in the social panel, wait patiently, then his toon goes direct from the quest to the Leaky Dingy. Shortly after I send a tell, "How did proof is in the poison go, did you die?", he replies "NO, I recalled", I respond with the Remove from Guild button!!!!!!!!!!!

New players dont think it can be policed but it can easily be policed, not that it needs to because 99% of the players that play permadeathare there for the challenge of the playstyle and want to abide by the guild rules!!!
    As for the rules, is it ok to keep your character's name and carry it over from death to death? I do not mind having to start over at level 1, but I really get attached my chosen name! I would love to work with PD rules, but would certainly not like losing a name to obscurity. Or is there a rule that disallows this?

Thanks!

I too am interested in allowance for reusing toon names. Also what are the rules regarding equipment? Trade and quest loot only? Auction houses off limits? Seems loot farming could be an issue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zlingerdark View Post
    As for the rules, is it ok to keep your character's name and carry it over from death to death? I do not mind having to start over at level 1, but I really get attached my chosen name! I would love to work with PD rules, but would certainly not like losing a name to obscurity. Or is there a rule that disallows this?

Thanks!
    I see a lot of people add surnames to their character, followed by I, II, III, etc... for subsequent re-rolls. I do this as well, hence I have Ozzara Shiningswords II, and Ozzforged Beta, to give two examples of re-rolled characters.

I think that is pretty common.

OP: I am interested. I love PD play, and seem to find myself making at least a couple characters on each server. What is the name of your PD Guild on Orien?

-Ozmar the Permadeather

Community Member

The problem with this is that until you can make a character that plays on a Permadeath Server that the game enforces you can't honestly believe that people will play by the rules. How do you know they didn't buy at item from an ALT? They could just say the soloed it or bought it from the AH and farmed enough gold. While I think DDO is hard enough and it's not necessary to make the game harder then it is; I still respect this play style. I just find some thing very difficult to enforce that relies on the honesty of some one.
    IME, trust works just fine. As an honor system; therefore the guild attracts the honorable. That's one of the things I like about it.

I've had several chars die while solo, and while I admit to being tempted to just "overlook" that one... ultimately PD for me is about the challenge and victory, and having a L-5 character that has never died is a hollow victory if the "never died" part isn't really true.

(And if others cheat, that doesn't affect me. I trust them to play with honor.)

I think your cynicism is misplaced. You can honestly trust others to play by the rules, because that's the whole point! If you didn't want to play by these rules, well then, don't play PD style. Your attitude probably just shows that PD isn't really your thing, and that's fine. Have fun playing the game your own way.

I have some non-PD chars, but I find that the PD style and challenge is far more enjoyable.

-Ozmar the Permadeather

Quote Originally Posted by Zlingerdark View Post

Thanks!

you can always keep your name, when you die just remake a new toon with your name.

All of my PD toons have Chad in the name

Quote Originally Posted by Stroen View Post
    I too am interested in allowance for reusing toon names. Also what are the rules regarding equipment? Trade and quest loot only? Auction houses off limits? Seems loot farming could be an issue.
    Any and All item, Quest, Potions.... Except Rez Shrines and Rez (store bought) Shrines/NPCs are allowed. Also you can twink PD character or buy stuff from AH.

Most real loot is bound to character, so have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by OzmarDDO View Post
    What is the name of your PD Guild on Orien?

-Ozmar the Permadeather
    Guildname :The Permadeath Guild
    Guildleader: Permadeath Guild Leader
    Guildbanker: Guildbank for The PermadeathGuild
    Guildwebsite: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/The_Permadeath_Guild

Community Member

Well, trying to run Durk's with two guild mates today, Kwai Lo died.

/I think I'm the first casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dradle View Post
    you can always keep your name, when you die just remake a new toon with your name.

All of my PD toons have Chad in the name

Doood that's my name.. but I don't like it so much IRL, so no toon name conflice between me and you.
    Starabelle McClean / Shamurai Daemon Slayer/Faithrune Justicar /
    Samuiree Kensai / Daviniti Soul Finder/ GRRONND HammerPain

Smile

Who are they fooling though? Only themselves.

PD for me is a self challenge, I need no-one watching over me. When I hit my goal lvl, from not cheating, I feel like I have achieved something.

I have a non-guild imposed challenge I have given myself, and that is no raise whatsoever.

I have got a toon to 1/2 rank away from LVL 11 no raise whatsoever, my goal is 12 and then 1750 favour.... the reason - the prize, self satisfaction.
    Follow me on TWITTER - IF YOU DARE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast