Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Adding the Forth kind of Reincarnation

There are three kinds of Reincarnation now:
    1. Change stats, skills, feats, appearance.
    2. Change stats, skills, feats, appearance, and 32 point builds.
    3. Change stats, skills, feats, appearance, levels, 34 point builds, taller, snazzy colors, and Past Life feats.

There is a large gap between what is provided by type 2 and 3, so there is room to usefully add a 4th kind between them:
    3.5: Change stats, skills, feats, appearance, 32 point builds, and levels.

That's so simple and logical I can't think of what else to say. What baffles me is why Turbine isn't offering a Reincarnation option for someone who wants to change a level or two but doesn't feel a need for 34 point builds and Past Life feats. Any ideas?

I'd do it on at least one of my characters. I could bring my mule out of retirement. however, would the snazzy stuff and extra build points be enough to make people want to do a True Reincarnate, instead of this? Especially considering the downside of releveling and tome loss.

ps don't forget about race.
    Last edited by krud; 11-04-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    3. Change stats, skills, feats, appearance, levels, 34 point builds, taller, snazzy colors, and Past Life feats.

There is a large gap between what is provided by type 2 and 3, so there is room to usefully add a 4th kind between them:

That's so simple and logical I can't think of what else to say. What baffles me is why Turbine isn't offering a Reincarnation option for someone who wants to change a level or two but doesn't feel a need for 34 point builds and Past Life feats.
    Yet.

You forgot alignments.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krud View Post
    would the snazzy stuff and extra build points be enough to make people want to do a True Reincarnate, instead of this? Especially considering the downside of releveling and tome loss.
    I did not specify whether or not the forth variation would involve releveling or tome loss. That was intentionally vague so as to leave it up to however the devs might feel about it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    You forgot alignments.
    You forgot I forgot race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yet.
    Any hint when we see reincarnation 2.0 revised on forums or lama?
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

That's so simple and logical I can't think of what else to say. What baffles me is why Turbine isn't offering a Reincarnation option for someone who wants to change a level or two but doesn't feel a need for 34 point builds and Past Life feats. Any ideas?
    I know I have at least one character and perhaps another that would eventually use your proposed idea of a 4th reincarnation. So /signed.

Current Greater Reincarnation named to Improved Reincarnation, and your proposed idea inherits the name of Greater Reincarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelis View Post
    Any hint when we see reincarnation 2.0 revised on forums or lama?
    Heck, any hint when we'll see reincarnation 1.0 on live?
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

You forgot I forgot race.
    Heh.

You're exactly right that changing level progression and alignment is the elephant in the room. It's nice to see confirmation that they are working on more flavors of reincarnation.. so we don't have to stick it in the circular file with druids and familiars.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Great post!
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Default /signed

i think theres alot of people that would like that

I just want an alignment chaneg so I can add monk to a lvl 16 alt that has teh wrong alignment.

Make it 1000 TP's, put it in the store in the next update, and be done with it.
    good at business

Quote Originally Posted by Pwesiela View Post
    Heck, any hint when we'll see reincarnation 1.0 on live?
    So far...
    - True Reincarnation is looking to be in great shape. We're in the home stretch of testing, and we'll be having one more round of True Reincarnation feedback combing on Lamannia this weekend.
    - Greater/lesser/etc. reincarnation are still being heavily tested and worked on, and it is extremely likely that True Reincarnation will come before they do.

So far...
    - True Reincarnation is looking to be in great shape. We're in the home stretch of testing, and we'll be having one more round of True Reincarnation feedback combing on Lamannia this weekend.
    - Greater/lesser/etc. reincarnation are still being heavily tested and worked on, and it is extremely likely that True Reincarnation will come before they do.

SO in speculatin what will the costs be per ?

So far...
    Glad I'm only really interested in True Re.

Just got my 28 point original Pwes up to 20 in prep for becoming a 34 pointer!
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Default With all due respect Ms. T...

So far...
    If someone at Turbine (i.e. you ...) were to add up all the threads/posts, etc, what is really being asked for by your customers are:

change in alignment
    change in multiclassing levels
    28 -> 32 point conversion.
    skill/feat/attribute reallocation.

"True" reincarnation is a Turbine driven model. The paying customer base has been asking for a "respec" for years.

Instead Turbine's focus is on what more conveniently provides them with an opportunity to implement additional "grinding" in a game that apparently even Turbine believes has an insufficient amount of content.

Please give us our "respec" regardless of what you call it or where "True" reincarnation sits.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostNull View Post
    I know I have at least one character and perhaps another that would eventually use your proposed idea of a 4th reincarnation. So /signed.

Current Greater Reincarnation named to Improved Reincarnation, and your proposed idea inherits the name of Greater Reincarnation?
    Could be either:

Lesser Reincarnation
    Improved Reincarnation
    Greater Reincarnation
    True Reincarnation

or

Lesser Reincarnation
    Greater Reincarnation
    Superior Reincarnation
    True Reincarnation

Shoot they could add two more tiers and have

Lesser Reincarnation
    Improved Reincarnation
    Greater Reincarnation
    Superior Reincarnation
    True Reincarnation

Honestly, I've been thinking about this since I first heard of reincarnations... I had hoped Turbine would realize it on their own accord.

Best idea you've had in a long time, A_D! (and trust me, that's saying a lot, considering the esteem in which I hold A_D's opinions)
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Community Member

Agree should be a nice way for people that splash in 1 lvl Ranger or Paladin for use of healing wands (when the lvl cap was 10) and other lvl configuration that become "less usefull".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast