Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Banished with Boots on?

I hear a "certain" individual (no name listed) was banished while wearing the boots from the ToD raid recently..

#1. was this true?
    #2. was this reported?
    #3. at least you weren't someone who was banished who forgot to have the boots on (no names either lol).
    I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and still lives...

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sothary View Post
    I hear a "certain" individual (no name listed) was banished while wearing the boots from the ToD raid recently..

#1. was this true?
    #2. was this reported?
    #3. at least you weren't someone who was banished who forgot to have the boots on (no names either lol).
    does mordkienans disjuction get cast in there? if so the boots may have been disabled.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Yep, it did happen.... To me...

Was tanking Horoth, stepped FAR back with other tank to get new haste and damage songs. Put boots back on... And then about 20 seconds later I was banished to House P. The boots were indeed on my feet when I appeared in House P. I did report it.... Right when it happened the entire party experienced an extended lag spike of about 15 seconds. That might've had something to do with it, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post

Was tanking Horoth, stepped FAR back with other tank to get new haste and damage songs. Put boots back on... And then about 20 seconds later I was banished to House P. The boots were indeed on my feet when I appeared in House P. I did report it.... Right when it happened the entire party experienced an extended lag spike of about 15 seconds. That might've had something to do with it, not sure.
    Sucks, sorry to hear that.

You're probably right that it is a lag issue.
    A rabbi with whom everyone agrees is not a rabbi.
    A rabbi with whom everyone disagrees is not a mensch.

Did it put a new timer debuff/icon on your buff bar? That might have had something to do with why you might have gotten banished?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Oh sorry. That was probably caused by me. I don't have boots yet. I think I put out some psychic frustration that bounced around the entire game (all servers). If that psychic frustration didn't directly cause your banishment, it probably led to the lag spike that did. I'll try to remain calmer in the future. No guarantees though until I get the boots.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    Did it put a new timer debuff/icon on your buff bar? That might have had something to do with why you might have gotten banished?
    Hmm, good question Rtwo..... It happened so fast, I clicked on them, saw that they were highlighted on my bar and ran back in... As Sam said and I guessed, it was likely a case of lag. They were showign equipped on my side, and the server hadn't gotten the info yet.... No biggee *hit happens.... But man the lag in ToD has been getting pretty bad, seems to get worse every time I run it.

Sounds like lag to me. It seems all too common for it to take 5secs+ for a buff to hit anymore - I see no reason why it wouldn't apply to item equip effects either. Hell, a lot of times I have to hit an icon repeatedly to change equipment anymore.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    Hell, a lot of times I have to hit an icon repeatedly to change equipment anymore.
    It MUST BE the zergers... as per Turbine...
    I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and still lives...

As someone said in chat the other day... "Wardrobe Malfunction?"

Hell, I'm just glad no one's boob flopped out, I'd have been scarred for life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ~locks Erres in the ancient cage~