Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NOT looking for a guild so please stop asking

PSA:

Guilds aren't the end all be all of this game. I've been in a few guilds to know that they end up being politically charged with officers wanting to throw their weight around and screw their members. Every time they needed help with things I was there. Yet when I needed help, they said screw you. I took a 3 month break for this reason and others. When I came back, the same thing was still going on. So for now, going guildless and will remain guildless. I've made many friends from fellow adventurers in the game. Those that know me, know what I am capable of. I'm always willing to help out any party who needs it. Just because you see a high level cleric without a guild doesn't mean I want to be in one. Please stop asking me to join your guild. Good luck, and have fun. Remember, it is a game after all.

Kirwin 20th LVL Cleric
    Eloric 18th LVL Barbarian
    Former:
    The Crimson Hand (disbanded)
    Twilight Alliance (semi disbanded)
    The Free Companions
    Kirwin Hansel - Human Cleric
    Eloric Foecleaver - Dwarven Barbarian

sorry to hear you've had bad experiences with the guilds...I had the same issue before though I do have to say that not ALL guilds are like that...just elitist ones /shrug :P
    In times of war one must stand before the rest to welcome the coming waves...that is I.

my faith in guilds got lost when shroud came out along with greensteels
    been asked to join guilds many times, but I'm a freelancer now
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

We have guilds on Argo if yer looking to join one OP.

In fact what I'll do is roll up a toon on Khyber and mail you, individually, all the guild names I can think of.

Hopefully no one on Khyber will do this before I get the chance to.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

About the only way to not get several invite a day or if low level several per 5 min, is to create your own and make you the only memeber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjwalker1973 View Post
    PSA:

Guilds aren't the end all be all of this game. I've been in a few guilds to know that they end up being politically charged with officers wanting to throw their weight around and screw their members. Every time they needed help with things I was there. Yet when I needed help, they said screw you. I took a 3 month break for this reason and others. When I came back, the same thing was still going on. So for now, going guildless and will remain guildless. I've made many friends from fellow adventurers in the game. Those that know me, know what I am capable of. I'm always willing to help out any party who needs it. Just because you see a high level cleric without a guild doesn't mean I want to be in one. Please stop asking me to join your guild. Good luck, and have fun. Remember, it is a game after all.

Kirwin 20th LVL Cleric
    Eloric 18th LVL Barbarian
    Former:
    The Crimson Hand (disbanded)
    Twilight Alliance (semi disbanded)
    The Free Companions
    Oooohh, is that why you left FC? Very nice.
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild
    http://www.srtg.org.au - Antir ~ Raegouli ~ Sussant ~ Servantir

Quote Originally Posted by Raegoul View Post
    Oooohh, is that why you left FC? Very nice.
    Actually, I left for 3 months, and came back on when the update came out. I joined FC only through the armwringing of Eightball. I wanted to orignally stay guildless. Their officers voted members out of the guild. Go figure. Only on Khyber folks.. Only on Khyber

If you are unguided you will get invites, just the way of things.

If you are really serious about not wanting to be asked, make your own guild and no one will ask you. Plus you can have some silly surname.
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjwalker1973 View Post
    Actually, I left for 3 months, and came back on when the update came out. I joined FC only through the armwringing of Eightball. I wanted to orignally stay guildless. Their officers voted members out of the guild. Go figure. Only on Khyber folks.. Only on Khyber
    Really, are you saying they Voted you out? Did Eightball lose his balls?
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild
    http://www.srtg.org.au - Antir ~ Raegouli ~ Sussant ~ Servantir

C'mon Kirwin, this is worth sharing. Take it to the Vault if you don't want to air it here.

Bitterness doesnt suit you Eloric. For anyone curious as to why he was expelled a simple pm will do. I hadnt seen this or I would have responded earlier. Armwringing is a strong term. I wish you will in all your endeavors both in and out of Stormreach.

EDit.
    Last edited by apacheizm23; 12-01-2009 at 12:55 AM.
    DIRTYONE/BARBARIAN-APACHE/FS -APACHEKID/RANGER/FIGHTER -TRUEGOD/WARLOCK - POWWOW/FIGHTER- INDIO/PALI-TUKO/BARBARIAN -REDHOOK/BARD - GUISEPPI/RANGER -SHORTYROCK/ROGUE/RANGER/BARB- DIRTYHO/MONK--DIRTYBLADE/PALI
    2006/VIP BROOKLYN N.Y.

A simple solution, One I frequently use....

When I start a new toon, there is a good chance they will not make it past lvl 8... (more than a few toons stop about there) So I don't usually guild my lowbies, as tracking down an officer, bugging them for an invite, and then switching toons, yadda, yadda, is often more trouble than it is worth if I'm unsure the longterm viablity of said toon...

This often leads to many guild invites and such, sometimes blind guild invites... and smokies guild has been after every one of my new toons...

Sounds like you are a VIP, so creating a guild is free, and just putting a guild in the guild slot stops almost all guild requests...
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Make your own, or go into your options and turn off "Accept guild invites."

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzly_Bear View Post
    Make your own, or go into your options and turn off "Accept guild invites."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wizzly_Bear again.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa_Doom View Post
    Bitterness doesnt suit you Eloric. For anyone curious as to why he was expelled a simple pm will do. I hadnt seen this or I would have responded earlier. Armwringing is a strong term. I wish you will in all your endeavors both in and out of Stormreach.
    Well Tulsa, it's not bitterness and quite frankly I didn't really want to respond to someone's other questions about what happened. Quite frankly I don't usually go into specifics since it's your guild and you can do with it what you see fit. So be it. You just happen to have a guild that's known for being elitist towards others some times and their own members. It was the same way in the old Crimson Hand guild which was the precurser to TFC. I've witnessed it on several occasions and kept quiet about it because I know a lot of people in the guild from pre release and I have no problems with 90% of the members. Personally I should have stayed guildless before accepting your invitation a while back. It would have saved a lot of trouble on my part. I know exactly why I was removed. Your officers had a meeting and decided to boot members out. I wasn't the only one who was booted that time. You have your reasons and quite frankly it's done and over with. I never took any credence to any bad rep that TFC had since 100% of the time I grouped with TFC members, you guys were on the up and up and 100% reliable. But now I can see where some of the rep comes from but again, it's part of the guild structure. Guild membership isn't set in stone and it does purge from time to time. I've left guilds due to the politics and intra guild issues. I was actually thinking of leaving TFC anyway, you simply made the decision for me. Your officers take things way too seriously and need to lighten up. This is after all a game.
    This wasn't started to go after TFC, nor was it an attempt to demean any member of TFC. This was started to get people to stop trying to send blind invites into guilds. I have no problem with TFC and never will. It's your guild, you run it as you see fit.
    Last edited by sjwalker1973; 12-10-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Default asdf

It sounds to me as if everyone's trying their best to remain diplomatic, here. Interpersonal disagreements, misunderstandings and frustration are common in any guild. If you're particularly frustrated with your guild experiences, I think avoiding guilds altogether is a good idea.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

So create your own guild.

NotJoiningUrStupidGuild name is porbably not taken.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Default Goal?

Was the goal of this post to state: "Don't send me a guild invite!"? Probably not, because as most know you can start your own home guild.

The post seems more like a call for attention...maybe?

It is part of the game to invite people to guilds...

so....
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast