Thread: So why?

Default So why?

Why is the marketplace suddenly full of tomes for trade? I understand the change to the tomes, but honestly, why get rid of them? I hate the change just as much as the next person, but keep them to use on new characters is what I say. Unless you aren't EVER going to roll another toon or the new change is completely breaking them to where no min lvl tomes just don't work period? This seems like an overreaction if you ask me.

Does anyone care to explain the FULL reasoning behind posting all of your tomes up?

On a related note...since the AH has prices ranging from San Francisco to Berlin to Tokyo with different prices on different items, what do people think about trying to come together to get some semblance of an agreed economy going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Honestly, my guess is that it's vets trading to noobs for plat. Vets had so long to re-roll, collect tomes, etc. I know a lot of people that will probably never roll another character for the foreseeable future simply because the leveling grind is too much to handle. Plus, it seems like a lot of high end stuff with greater chances at +3s and +4s is giving the image that +2s are losing there luster quickly.

Don't know really. Just speculatin' here on a Monday.

Hi Welcome, R2
    The Leper Squad - Ghallanda

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Your bank is already filled with +2 ML7 tomes and you can get as many +1 tomes as you like so +2 no ML tomes are no better than this. Offloading them now to someone who can use them before the Mod drops benefits everyone.

You get paid for something that is no better than the tomes you already have and they get to use tomes for a character they are creating now.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Because in two days they are no better than a Min Level version - so might as well let someone take advantage of the no ML aspect before it is changed. I would be buying instead of selling if I had someone new to roll between now and Wed; but as it is selling wins.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

When logic, reason and planning fail you (and they certainly will if you try to proc them against the random number generator that is the turbine nurf bat) you may as well try to make a buck on that backdoor attack they just slid past the gate keepers. it's like merging g4p with f2p, giving up a little to take a lot back.

times of undetermined nature had by some.