Thread: stk solo

Default stk solo

not the best solo out there but i soloed stk today on my lvl 4 halfling back stab build. only used a few buff pots, and about 10 cmw pots

ss or it didnt happen

part 2

part 3

thanks

chadman

Grats..

But really is this thread nessassary? .. I wouldn't normally say anything, but lately 90% of this forum is solo things. It's an mmo, i'm personally much more impressed by extreme group challenges. Hundreds if not players of players have done this, if they all posted here, the forum would be a bit cluttered.

Mod9 made a drastic change to make "normal" 100% solo-able by every class. Especially at low lvl. STK in particular is a rather easy solo for anyone lvl3-4 with a decent build. It was infact nerfed and expected to be an easy quest when solo'd, it can often be harder to complete in a group due to the scaling.

I mean pre-mod9, no one posted.. I beat XXX on solo mode.. Because it was expected.. It's not different now.

I particularly like how your a pure rogue, but never disabled any traps... They are worth 15% more xp you know, and take only a minuit or so to get on the way.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    It's an mmo, i'm personally much more impressed by extreme group challenges.
    Yeah, but Shade, you seem to get the most enjoyment out of playing a character that is heavily dependent on support... so is it any surprise that you would favor group-based challenges?

Is it any surprise that you would design a DPS contest that completely negates special abilities of classes other than your entry?

I think you'd have a much stronger argument if you stuck to the "who cares, it's friggin STK" approach. That has some merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Yeah, but Shade, you seem to get the most enjoyment out of playing a character that is heavily dependent on support... so is it any surprise that you would favor group-based challenges?

Is it any surprise that you would design a DPS contest that completely negates special abilities of classes other than your entry?
    Both inaccurate.

My main Barbarian, Sorc and Favored soul aren't dependant on anyone. All can solo almost every quest in the game. On my sorc I have done so including most raids, I don't post them tho because I don't consider them to be a big deal. My barbarian in particular can solo pretty much every endgame quest on elite. Hell I was the first to kill an epic boss.. And you know who healed me? Myself, and myself alone.

The fact that I rarely choose to do so doesn't prove anything other then I prefer to group.

Also not accurate. My dps challenge could be more so said to favor monks or rangers.. But not my entry - because berserkers have one the biggest crit profiles of any class ,they gain a massive portion of there DPS from there x5/6/7 crits. There would be a much larger gap in dps between a 100% fort traget and a 0% for my builds then say monks or rangers.
    Besides that. The challenge is not designed to be biased at all, it's designed to be accurate and easily mesurable for what it is, dps against 100% fort target. I don't see you coming up with a better idea on how to do that.. If there was a static hp target that didn't fight back without 100% fort, by all means I'd use that instead. But unfortunately there isn't.