Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TFPAQ View Post
    Glad to see you guys met my wife.

But seriously, from talking to people who were either in the quest or discussing it with someone who was while running other quests. It sounds like she is too fast and bazerkie (yes I know that isn't a word or spelled correctly). Once she triggered into "bazerkie" mode (sorry, starting to love that word), people start dropping faster than could be kept up with, so your lines became rows of corpses.

At least that's how I heard it. If you look at the group that attempted it, you would be hard pressed to find better players on their builds, so Epic is, well, epic.

I just wish the loot was also...
    for the record i am a horrible wizard all i did on that run was spam spells drink mana pots and abuse Tot's healing skills and personal pot stack

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    Great work fellas!

Tot, I know you're a top notch cleric, but what exactly were the tactics you guys used?

I can see this quest being not as bad as the story here so far, possibly (obviously, I wasn't there so I can't tell for sure).

I'm sure you guys remember the old DQ strategy. Two groups, split clerics, casters, and melees evenly. Melees post up in front of casters and clerics, clerics on mass cure duty, and Arcanes bring the DPS. Bounce her aggro back and forth, and don't actually let her get close to you.

Is there any reason that strategy wouldn't work?
    Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    one more thing, i don't think the old melees hold the line in two group strategy would work. we grouped up on our 2nd attempt and the blades in addition to the efreeti DBFs wiped us. there was only one left in about 2 seconds. the efreeti are fairly sick now unless you kite them around, one at a time they're fine, but in a group it's intense

The strategy I would choose for this quest with perfect party make up.

3 heal specc'd high HP FVS (pref the race that gets unlimited searing light) each picking a corner of a triangle at a pillar for a base
    3 ice savant sorcs to go on the pillars
    3 rangers w/ capstone high HP and the UMD to use raise dead scrolls and stay with the FVS at their pillar

1 High HP Bladebarrier specc'd cleric to roam and kite trash effriti's

1 Shield using Evasion Paladin with high AC/HP/intim/healscrolls and ressurection scroll umd who manages agro and gets trash into BB of the cleric and possibly helps control the queen a bit (not likely)

1 high HP full songed out bard (sp song/ac song/max song duration and number prefered)
    or
    1 AC Monk with SP buff who would be the spotter communicator to the group

With 3 static teams hopefully 2 will be alive at all times to keep DOTs (DPS is not the issue in epic, its sustained damage over time that counts) up and raise the other dead members and quite possibly agro ping pong the queen between the groups. Meanwhile cleric is self sufficient kiting trash and pally bard/monk are there for emergency support.
    If every member has evasion it would be better. I see a 5 mana pot buy in for every member minimum (60 pots seems light)
    The final 10 percent will always be bedlam unless there is an effective way to control her freaky agro/speed
    Last edited by Jonny_D; 10-20-2009 at 12:33 PM.