Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    What if they reduced the HP of the efreeti a fair but spawned more? Melee's enjoy having lots of stuff to kill, keeping them busy (think Orthons in last phase of ToD)
    I'd go the other way: make 'em tougher, but reduced them to, say, three spawns of two w/o respawns so when you've handled them, you've handled them, but if you don't handle them you end up with a bunch of them...kinda like VoD devils.

The problem isn't the efreeti exactly, but the queen. Every time you stop to deal with an efreet, you risk getting run over. Since they just respawn, there's no point in continuously taking that risk if you can just have them chase a rabbit.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I'd go the other way: make 'em tougher, but reduced them to, say, three spawns of two w/o respawns so when you've handled them, you've handled them, but if you don't handle them you end up with a bunch of them...kinda like VoD devils.

The problem isn't the efreeti exactly, but the queen. Every time you stop to deal with an efreet, you risk getting run over. Since they just respawn, there's no point in continuously taking that risk if you can just have them chase a rabbit.
    Thats why if they are easier to kill, the melee can be more moblile, it would be a bit frantic, but very fun I think. Your way would work too, but surrounding single mobs then beating them down, is getting kind of stale to me. The flavor of the raid seems to promote mobile tactics if possible

Thats why if they are easier to kill, the melee can be more moblile, it would be a bit frantic, but very fun I think. Your way would work too, but surrounding single mobs then beating them down, is getting kind of stale to me. The flavor of the raid seems to promote mobile tactics if possible
    Why not? I've been wrong before, many times.

So, yeah, crank their hp down by a factor of...what? half? But leave them the same damage, then spawn them singly but quickly so there's a sense of urgency added to putting them down before you amass a collection.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by sableshadow View Post
    why Not? I've Been Wrong Before, Many Times. :d

So, Yeah, Crank Their Hp Down By A Factor Of...what? Half? But Leave Them The Same Damage, Then Spawn Them Singly But Quickly So There's A Sense Of Urgency Added To Putting Them Down Before You Amass A Collection.
    Ding Ding

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Any quest should be based on your mana bar - not how much $$ you can drop on the auction house to Turbine points. A raid clickie that acts like a mana pot 1/day? sure. Expecting that anyone attempting 'hard' quests is going to need 100 mana pots and 500 scrolls to get through it? ...insane, and has led to extremely bad quest balancing.
    Yep, that's why Elixers of Mnemonic Enhancement should have a cooldown of a few minutes, so nobody can be expected to drink more than a couple in any one quest.

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    So, yeah, crank their hp down by a factor of...what? half? But leave them the same damage, then spawn them singly but quickly so there's a sense of urgency added to putting them down before you amass a collection.
    If they have fixed aggro, it still seems like it would be more practical to kite em with an evasion rather than kill em wouldn't it? I like where you're going with that though. Melees like to have lots of things to kill.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Yep, that's why Elixers of Mnemonic Enhancement should have a cooldown of a few minutes, so nobody can be expected to drink more than a couple in any one quest.
    I like that.
    ASCENDANTS on SARLONA (viva ADAR!): Zaal * Screwz * Lorrz * Zill * HamHoks * Gusty * Grasshumper * Durzo * DrHurtz

would make for some rebalancing across the board... I would like that, but no way turbine does it... to much money to be made from the store. would be interesting if they took mana pots out of the loot tables and left existing pots in game Especially if it was a stealth removal and they just stopped dropping lol

would be interesting if they took mana pots out of the loot tables and left existing pots in game
    Do it, Turbine! (You can leave the ones eStore there; just give 'em a 5 minute cooldown and make them non-usable in raids.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    People expect a cleric to be using lots of resources in high level content now. Buy your way to success?
    Yup which does not help an unpopular role's popularity.

I wish that healing wands and scrolls were removed from the vendor too; it would make being a cleric a bit less expensive.
    Since when do you say things I agree with?
    Last edited by Borror0; 10-20-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    i'm not sure this quest is going to be knocked out regularly except by static parties with pot buy-ins... going through adq 2 is going to take pots. and scrolls.
    Most good players have no issue with pot buy ins. I know I personally have no issue with providing 1/12 of whats needed to do the raid. I think most that have issue with helping share the resources probably know better then to even click one of the lfms. But then every server is different. Thank you for the work done. I would help out but I have nothing of use that is level 20 on lamma land...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Its Epic but yet is beatable with 8 people on the first attempt. Epic should not be so easy. I want a challenge.

It was beaten with 140 deaths and the use of a res cake; it has absolutely no bearing on whether its completable by a normal group or not.

There's nothing on DDO that isnt beatable with a res cake except tower of despair due to the healing mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    There's nothing on DDO that isnt beatable with a res cake except tower of despair due to the healing mechanic.
    Well they could do something ugly and say if you use a rez cake she goes back to 100% health...but lets not go there
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post

I wish that healing wands and scrolls were removed from the vendor too; it would make being a cleric a bit less expensive.
    ?

And also single-handedly rendering everyone who ever splashed for umd a screwed idiot; that might be a bit extreme, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    Well they could do something ugly and say if you use a rez cake she goes back to 100% health...but lets not go there
    Its not needed; there's not enough res cakes out there to have it make a significant impact on the raid's completion rate.

And also single-handedly rendering everyone who ever splashed for umd a screwed idiot
    Well, they do plan to implement some sort of class level respec so...

EDIT: Ninja!
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Gratz guys, I know you guys are instrumental to making sure stuff is balanced when it hits live.

Great Idea

Its not needed; there's not enough res cakes out there to have it make a significant impact on the raid's completion rate.
    I wasn't aware the estore had to bake them...I saw 1 moron in STK who demanded on running off use about 40 of them in STK to try to prove he could er um die 41 times I guess. That's about all he proved to me lol

just to clear something up, it was a res shrine from a djiini of the cake... there was very significant impact. it turned the end into a res blitzkrieg instead of a ogog we're about to wipe

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    I wasn't aware the estore had to bake them...I saw 1 moron in STK who demanded on running off use about 40 of them in STK to try to prove he could er um die 41 times I guess. That's about all he proved to me lol

Not what we're talking about; siberys spirit cakes don't work in raids

They used a djinni of the cake, and those are in extremely finite supply and their use has no bearing on actual raid play or difficulty, as you surely know

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Well, they do plan to implement some sort of class level respec so...

EDIT: Ninja!

You know my feelings on the importance of UMD to DDO's unique and enjoyable gameplay; UMD's effect on the game and the active combat system are really the two things that distinguish ddo from other mmos, and imo are by far its biggest selling points.

I think I'd play this game about 1/10th as often if sitting around to get a cleric for 6 man quests was actually necessary because effective self-healing wasn't available to most characters. Waiting for specific classes and asking people to rleog to x class are by far my least favorite part sof the game, and I'd often sooner drop group and not run the quest than do either.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast