Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    1) If you have a level 16+ character on Lamannia that you’d like to try True Reincarnation with, send an email to ddo@turbine.com with the subject “TRUE REINCARNATION”. Include the following details in the body of your email:
    - Name of your Lamannia character
    - Level of your Lamannia character
    - Forum name
    - Preferred time slot (please note, Turbine is on Eastern time)

Thanks!
    -
    Sweet! Email Submitted!

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Thanks Mad.
    Last edited by SirShen; 10-15-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Are you interested in trying the new True Reincarnation feature? We’re looking for volunteers for some extra testing & feedback! In order to True Reincarnate, you must be level 20. However, for those applicants level 16-19, we’d be happy to boost your XP to cap for the purpose of providing feedback!

Here’s the details to get involved:

1) If you have a level 16+ character on Lamannia that you’d like to try True Reincarnation with, send an email to ddo@turbine.com with the subject “TRUE REINCARNATION”. Include the following details in the body of your email:
    - Name of your Lamannia character
    - Level of your Lamannia character
    - Forum name
    - Preferred time slot (please note, Turbine is on Eastern time)

2) Show up at the back of the Rusty Nail tavern during the appropriate time slot. I, Tolero, and/or other Turbine staff will be there and boost your XP (providing you applied beforehand), look for characters with a “+” in the front of their name!

Time Slots:

1) Thursday October 15th 6-8pm Eastern
    2) Friday October 16th 3-3:30pm Eastern
    3) Friday October 16th 6-7pm Eastern

Tolero will open a new thread to gather feedback from participants after each time slot in the Reincarnation forums.

Thanks!
    I guess those of use who live on the west coast and have real jobs are out of luck. Typical Turbine promotion, "Let's offer something real cool, but lets make sure the players who actually pay for the game cann't get it."

Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it works on the real server, because there is noway I'm going to grind a year old character to level 20 on a test/preview server.

See you in Stormreach, Shamguard "I am THE Rogue."
    Practice doesn't make Perfect. Practice make Permanent. Patience makes Perfect.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Shamguard View Post
    I guess those of use who live on the west coast and have real jobs are out of luck. Typical Turbine promotion, "Let's offer something real cool, but lets make sure the players who actually pay for the game cann't get it."

Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it works on the real server, because there is noway I'm going to grind a year old character to level 20 on a test/preview server.

So only people who live on the west coast of the USA pay for the game? Very interesting ...

its ok, sham .. I killed Level off so you wouldn't have to sacrifice a rogue
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Firstly, props to +MadFloyd for working like crazy!

TOMES
    - Eating +1 tomes has no effect at all after True Reincarnation

STUFF!
    - The Reincarnation Cache at the bank is limited in what it can display, and you have to remove items in order for it to slowly populate with the unseen items.
    - I have several items (notably the founders 5% boots and helmet) that are still missing even after pulling out items from the Cache until no more "new" items appeared.
    - One of my items turned into something titled "Reward", which is bound to character and has the Search icon. No idea what it was before it went off into Reincarnation Cache land. Maybe it's one of my founder's items? http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

So far it's pretty fun getting the fancy name and standing out as a reincarnated character. Looks like a little work is still ahead before this is ready for prime-time, though.
    Last edited by DagazUlf; 10-16-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: added picture link
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

You're right... the devs should stay up until 5am so the Auzi's can try it after work.

I do feel bad about this. I would have liked to stay later but I had family committments.

Would 7-8am PST work for you (or others) - i.e. before you head out to work? If so I can do this tomorrow am.

Just send the email application as mentioned in the first post.

Thanks to all who took the plunge today. :-)

I do feel bad about this. I would have liked to stay later but I had family committments.

Would 7-8am PST work for you (or others) - i.e. before you head out to work? If so I can do this tomorrow am.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MadFloyd again."
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Got him.

That's dedication....

Community Member

Grrr, had to do the snowy korthos on Lamannia since I had never created a toon there. Could have dispensed with that delay.

I dont like the way the cache of items work. It does not display them all, seems limited to around 60 (I had left a lot of junk on that char to test that kind of stuff). But like someone else mentionned, it fills up with new items as you take some off. At first, I thought I had lost my Minos Legens.

The toon has lost his 4th and 5th backpacks, as I expected. But it retained his 3 bank slots, I would have thought this would have been reset to 1 bank slot. It also retained its Phiarlan Pendant of Time, cool!

Took some pictures at a specific spot for a before/after comparison. It is difficult to position everything exactly at the same spot (the toon, its orientation, the camera). So I have not gotten 100% comparable set of images, but it looks lke the reincarnated toon is slightly bigger, but its subtle. I will try to compare to a toon of same sex and race in game, should be more obvious and easier I guess.

These is a pretty cute blue aura that surrounds the toon for a few seconds when we enter an area. Sad to say, but to me, it felt like it was the only real difference that I would ever feel while playing a true reincarnated toon... The +2 point in the build certainly does not feel like its doing much of a difference, as expected.

All in all, as I was doing this, I could not help but to think that this was not worth the trouble at all. Too little benefit for a major slowdown in levelling starting at mid level. But I was glad to have had the opportunity to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    bah.. ditto

-=]ArchAngels[=-

Community Member

LOL!

You live a few hours out of EST, miss one minor test and are complaining? Try living somewhere actually remote!

I live GMT +8 (EST+12 to +14).

We get ALL the downtime in our peak playing times (7 PM - midnight), none of the live events, no access to contests and long waits for GM help.
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

Just send the email application as mentioned in the first post.

Thanks to all who took the plunge today. :-)
    +1 rep. Also, thanks for catching us late-to-apply types (aka me) tonight.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

LOL.

I'm hoping that characters that were victim of the Lesser/Greater bug will once again be viable after the update today, but I don't have confirmation yet. My character was a victim too. :-(
    So?

No fix?
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCloud View Post
    Can i get enough xp for level 20 on my level 1 True Reincarnated Cleric so we can test true reincarnation x2?
    If you are willing to wait 1 week todo it. You can only True res once a week.
    Last edited by SirShen; 10-16-2009 at 07:21 AM.

again, I must say i'm very sad.

I joined the DDO community in November, just a few short weeks before this mirror was taken.

I refuse to pay to test a bad first build that is lvl 10. I don't even have/nor can buy 32 pt builds, nor even veteran status.

Why should I be paying 15/month to go back to the very beginning when I've moved past that time in my ddo career?

one day I hope turbine will re-take their mirror image and give us more hope. Not sure why they didn't take a mirror image when they upload mod9, would have made sense.
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

true reincarnated a dwarven fighter to dwarven barbarian. went smooth. i didn't notice any hiccups and seemed like all his equipment was there. good job!

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post
    So?

No fix?
    I was fixed.

It depends on what state your character was left in. If you got the "UNKNOWN" message the 2nd time you tried to reincarnate (in Character Generation), now you should be able to go through Character Generation successfully.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Ahh so if you were left naked and penniless in the marketplace... no soup for you!

Fortunately I do have a second level 17 on llamaland that I wasn't aware of.

You doing level ups atm?
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast