Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Epic Crafting Options

Going to start a list. Thankfully, they tell you what the things do before you add them.

Colorless
    (20 Quest)
    +6 stat

(25 Quest + 5 Raid)
    +1 Exceptional Stat

Yellow(30 Quest)

Spell Focus:School
    Proof Against Poison
    Blindness Immunity
    Disease Immunity
    Fear Immunity
    Underwater Action
    Featherfall
    Resist 4
    Protect 4
    GFL
    Wizardry 6

Red

(20 quest)
    (adds this property to your weapon)
    Adamantine
    Silver
    Cold Iron
    Byeshk
    Crystal(new type)

(30 Quest)
    (adds this property to your weapon)
    Good
    Evil
    Lawful
    Chaotic

(15 Raid)
    +7 enhancement

Blue

(30 Quest)
    15% ASF
    Toughness(20 hp, doesn't open enhancements, doesn't stack with Minos)
    +2 luck(skill and save)
    +2 max dex bonus
    Heavy Fort
    +4 Natural Armor

(15 Raid)
    +7 Enhancement

edit: Oh wow, someone screwed up the Catalyst menus quite badly.
    Last edited by SimVerg; 10-09-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks for doing this!

So what are these added to, the epic raid loot?

The crystal weapons are probably Riedran Crystal, weapons that will be useful against psionic types like the Quori.
    A rabbi with whom everyone agrees is not a rabbi.
    A rabbi with whom everyone disagrees is not a mensch.

a chaosblade with good/silver on it...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDS_Geist View Post
    Thanks for doing this!

So what are these added to, the epic raid loot?

The crystal weapons are probably Riedran Crystal, weapons that will be useful against psionic types like the Quori.
    Based on the vendor text, Epic Items have a slot color and you combine a Catalyst of that color with a Crystal of any color to add a power to the item.

Quote Originally Posted by SimVerg View Post
    Based on the vendor text, Epic Items have a slot color and you combine a Catalyst of that color with a Crystal of any color to add a power to the item.

So I'm confused, do you hae to re-pull the raid loot in the epic versions of the raid? The announcement suggests you do not, but your implication is that you do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    So I'm confused, do you hae to re-pull the raid loot in the epic versions of the raid? The announcement suggests you do not, but your implication is that you do.
    Unless they updated the items to have Augment Slots, yes. It's possible they updated the items that drop from sub-Epic difficulties today but my Greenblade from a while back makes no mention of an Augment slot.

Unless they updated the items to have Augment Slots, yes. It's possible they updated the items that drop from sub-Epic difficulties today but my Greenblade from a while back makes no mention of an Augment slot.

Wow, more farming dq on a melee, I want to cry inside.

just for clarity because Im a little dense what can you apply these bonuses to ? as in what goes on weapons and what goes on armor and what goes on items? I am drooling over some of these.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    just for clarity because Im a little dense what can you apply these bonuses to ? as in what goes on weapons and what goes on armor and what goes on items? I am drooling over some of these.
    Based on the text(I obviously lack the resources to test this), you can add anything to any item. Some combinations(good or adamantine on a non-weapon) obviously make no sense, so it is possible they will restrict it.

from tolero's post concerning epic difficulty, i think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    [*]Old favorite items that originated in these dungeons can be upgraded into powerful Epic versions by collecting rare scrolls, seals, and shards.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dylos_Moon View Post
    from tolero's post concerning epic difficulty, i think otherwise.
    Unless the Greenblade is excluded or the items/weapons simply do not mention what color their slot is, Tolero is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    First you find a normal version of the item, then you collect three objects in epic dungeons to upgrade the item.

If, say, you want an epic Bloodstone, you'll need to get a Bloodstone, kill epic monsters to get a Scroll of the Bloodstone (or buy one on the auction house), and loot chests for a Seal of the Bloodstone and a Shard of the Bloodstone. Once you have all of those, you can upgrade your Bloodstone to the epic version of the item.

Scrolls drop similar to collectable bags and can be freely traded. Seals and Shards are bound to account (though can be traded normally in the chest). All of them stack and count as "Ingredients".

Based on the text(I obviously lack the resources to test this), you can add anything to any item. Some combinations(good or adamantine on a non-weapon) obviously make no sense, so it is possible they will restrict it.
    In general, red is for weapons, blue is for armors, and yellow is for accessories. There are also green, purple, and orange augment slots - these allow your choice of the two colors that make up that color. (A green augment slots would permit either a blue or yellow augment crystal.)

Colorless crystals can go into any color slot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    In general, red is for weapons, blue is for armors, and yellow is for accessories. There are also green, purple, and orange augment slots - these allow your choice of the two colors that make up that color. (A green augment slots would permit either a blue or yellow augment crystal.)

The text is...deceptive then.

"These are catalysts that are necessary to apply an Augment Crystal. You need one catalyst of a color that matches the Augment Slot on your item, not the color of the Crystal."

hello seal of earth with +2 max dex bonus, goodbye daggertooths belt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    hello seal of earth with +2 max dex bonus, goodbye daggertooths belt
    That enhancement applies specifically to the object("increasing the maximum dexterity bonus of the object by 2"), not the player.

First you find a normal version of the item, then you collect three objects in epic dungeons to upgrade the item.

If, say, you want an epic Bloodstone, you'll need to get a Bloodstone, kill epic monsters to get a Scroll of the Bloodstone (or buy one on the auction house), and loot chests for a Seal of the Bloodstone and a Shard of the Bloodstone. Once you have all of those, you can upgrade your Bloodstone to the epic version of the item.

Scrolls drop similar to collectable bags and can be freely traded. Seals and Shards are bound to account (though can be traded normally in the chest). All of them stack and count as "Ingredients".

This is crafting to me thank you Please do this to VoN... My Kundarak Delving Suit has a date with +4 armor bonus.

One more question Eladrin... how many (if more than 1) augment slots can a piece of gear have?

Eladrin,

First thanks very much for the reply!

However, please clarify this line:

First you find a normal version of the item

I have two Bloodstones - and have no desire to farm new ones for my Paladin or Bard.

As this sentence is vague, please clarify if my existing Bloodstones can be upgrade to Epic, or if for some unknown reason we all need to farm new items post Mod 1...

Thanks,

Barumar

kill monsters for the scrolls... so they drop as if they were dropping a collectible?
    Shandi TRing - Jackdal 20th Figther - Kaven 18th Fighter / 1st Monk
    Proud Member of D.W.A.T. since 2006 of Xoriat, now Thelanis
    ...and when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks back at you...

That enhancement applies specifically to the object("increasing the maximum dexterity bonus of the object by 2"), not the player.
    Sad panda of course though, since the daggertooth belt grants enhancements, I got ahead of myself. still the Demonscale armor becomes viable to wear for evasion paladin's with a +2 max dex bonus
    Last edited by Jonny_D; 10-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.

The text is...deceptive then.

"These are catalysts that are necessary to apply an Augment Crystal. You need one catalyst of a color that matches the Augment Slot on your item, not the color of the Crystal."
    If you have a purple augment slot, and want to put a blue augment crystal into it, you need a purple catalyst.

Some items have multiple slots, and the catalysts let us know which slot you want to put the crystal in. The Wolf Whistle, for instance, has a Yellow and a Colorless slot. If you're putting a +1 Exceptional Dexterity crystal into it, it could go into either one.

Crystals are permanent modifications to the item, so choose what to add very carefully.

First you find a normal version of the item

I have two Bloodstones
    If you already have one, you're set. Collect the three upgrade items and hit "blend" in the Epic Eldritch Device.

Upgrading an item does increase its minimum level to 20; that might matter for people planning on undergoing True Reincarnation.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast