Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by krud View Post
    umm.. will they lose their extra backpack slots when they reincarnate with zero favor? Better make sure you clear any important gear out of those last two backpack slots!

Not sure I'm all that enthusiastic about the true reincarnate. I don't think the extra build points or feats are really necessary.

Oh, and about the increase in size thing...can we elect to have only certain parts get bigger? (for those that only want to match their e-peen with their character)
    Dont forget bank space either.

Beware the Sleepeater

I'm fine with losing +1 or +2 tomes, But Raid tomes?!

It's hard enough getting +3 tomes as it is, and the rare person lucky enough to pull a +4 is really gonna get screwed over if they want to start over with True Reincarnation.

But that's my 2cp's worth.
    -My Mother was a Gnoll, my Father was a Minotaur, and I am one Sexy Beast!

How about a small change that permits reincarnated characters to open elite even if they've never done hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    How about a small change that permits reincarnated characters to open elite even if they've never done hard?
    Great idea.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

Community Member

Also worth side-noting: after 2 years of *****ing, they finally gave people a way to make 28s into 32s. So why do the same thing again?
    #1 - Turbine seems to rarely learn from its mistakes
    #2 - Give Turbine more moneys. Leveling to 20 twice more on 10+ characters (optional ofcourse) means you'll be here longer, or bored too death, i'm not sure yet, since it'll give them a lot more time to actually start on mod 10 Due in many many months . Not to be too hasty at turbines expense :P

You can upgrade to a 32 pt build, but feel the same way you previously did. 36 is the new 32.

One more things... Taller isn't sexier, and sex sells. Their's a limit to where it becomes quite the opposite.
    Riminy Rimmy Rimmyy Rimmee Rimmeee Riminee Rimineee
    Officer - The Ashen

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

what seems wierd to me is how can a level 20 character with an inventory and bank full of level 14+ gear be expected to re-play aquiring new gear while still keeping the old gear?

It is a logistical impossibility!

How can you go through the first 13 levels again collecting gear and banking that gear, all while your bank and inventory slots are still mostly-full with your previous life's gear?
    Last edited by winsom; 10-09-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riminy View Post
    #1 - Turbine seems to rarely learn from its mistakes
    #2 - Give Turbine more moneys. Leveling to 20 twice more on 10+ characters (optional ofcourse) means you'll be here longer, or bored too death, i'm not sure yet, since it'll give them a lot more time to actually start on mod 10 Due in many many months . Not to be too hasty at turbines expense :P

You can upgrade to a 32 pt build, but feel the same way you previously did. 36 is the new 32.

One more things... Taller isn't sexier, and sex sells. Their's a limit to where it becomes quite the opposite.
    I just think its incredibly discouraging that its the characters people care about most and have worked on the most to run up 500 raid completions for +3 tome sets who actually get temporarily inferior (or run many more 20ths and hoard the tomes) by reincarnating until they re-acquire the loot, whereas a 100-ish completion char with a full set of +2s and most of their raid loot will in fact only gain through the reincarnation process.

Making people regret every super-rare tome they ever pulled is just a terrible idea .. and worse is making people like me have to go back into raids and keep the +3 tomes they pull for use after they reincarnate twice. No sorry, your sorceror can't have the +3 cha tome my paladin just pulled .. even though I've used one, I need another to complete my set so I can finally reincarnate **** it.

I was thinking about this earlier myself.

Let ViP reincarnations open elite.

Let F2P reincarnations open hard.

The way I see it, the main reason for not allowing tomes to pass over to your reincarnated character is a pretty simple one. I'm surprised nobody has brought it up yet.

If they did, it would be a complete and utter no-brainer for people to use true reincarnation. You'd get 2-6 stat points (depending on whether you were a 28 or 32pt character), AND get to re-use all the tomes you had? Where's the downside? Having to re-grind your way to 20th? Many people have said you can do that in a week or two, tops.

By making you sacrifice your tomes in order to reincarnate yourself, they're making it a choice you'd have to consider, rather than just "well of COURSE you're going to TR once you hit 20th, you get more stat points and don't lose anything!"

*shrug* Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    While that answers my questions the real thing is us halfling players LIKE the halflings small. A human sized halfling just isn't fun and will run like a gorilla. Please please please make a visual size option checkoff available in the options screen.

Also, how much dinero will I be set back?
    But those of us who don't play halflings don't play them because they're small!

And those of us who like fresh halflings LIKE them to be larger! (and better fed, and ideally, marinated..)
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
    The way I see it, the main reason for not allowing tomes to pass over to your reincarnated character is a pretty simple one. I'm surprised nobody has brought it up yet.

If they did, it would be a complete and utter no-brainer for people to use true reincarnation. You'd get 2-6 stat points (depending on whether you were a 28 or 32pt character), AND get to re-use all the tomes you had? Where's the downside? Having to re-grind your way to 20th? Many people have said you can do that in a week or two, tops.

By making you sacrifice your tomes in order to reincarnate yourself, they're making it a choice you'd have to consider, rather than just "well of COURSE you're going to TR once you hit 20th, you get more stat points and don't lose anything!"

*shrug* Seems pretty straight forward to me.
    No offense, but the design looks like its intended to be an absolute no brainer.

honestly, my only concern would be alleviated merely by having +3 tomes drop unbound in some way

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    Respec...YAY!!!! I while ago I stated that I would pay nearly any cost to reconstruct/rebuild my toon and keep my gear.......

While I have to admit that Turbine is testing the limits of what I'm willing to do...I will do it for Souless...28 pt build..+3 str/Dex/Con, +2 Int/Chr/Wis, tomes ALREADY consumed!!!! To fix my errors in his build I will do it.....but I will HATE every second of the grind!!

And I will HATE losing my tomes!!

I will HATE losing my favor!!! All quests completed on elite xcept the Devil u know...and that 1 has been done on hard!!!!

I'm also in the camp of hating all the basketball players running around....human giants!!! Elongated elvin tall-stikfigures!!! Please, please, please give us the option to NOT take the size increase!!!! The size increase won't stop me from rebuilding my toons....it'll just make me HATE the look of em!!!

By far the worst of my Bytches is *The Grind* I have leveled many toons...I've run the *old quests* so many times I can complete them in my sleep.....why are you guys making me run them yet again???? For anyone who has power-leveled a toon...you know you can do this with a competent group in under 2 weeks to level 20!!! You guys are just trying to make us grind for no better reason than you can....The grind will not deterr anyone who is serious about rebuilding their toon...It will just make the game experience a MIND-NUMBING time consuming jumping through hoops for our respec!

The Bytcher~

Souless/Valice/Xbow/Tazzor/Vampir/Spectyr/Richgirl/Xindao

I couldn't agree more! I will do it but I will ***** moan and complain about releveling every bit of the way! I just want to see how this extra feat remaining each reincarnation works? Are they static by class? What if you m/c? What feat do you keep? These are the questions that need to get answered before I even take place in any "respeccing"

Quote Originally Posted by Spisey View Post
    I couldn't agree more! I will do it but I will ***** moan and complain about releveling every bit of the way! I just want to see how this extra feat remaining each reincarnation works? Are they static by class? What if you m/c? What feat do you keep? These are the questions that need to get answered before I even take place in any "respeccing"
    i think once we got the mod actual in place those questions are answered.
    for now it doesnt matter yet anyway besides the i-want-to-know-it-NOW factor
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    I played that game before - the reincarnation seems close to identical.

Which led to power creep, and 'we dont want you unless you have lots of reincarnations'. 2 more points and 1 extra feat per reinc adds up fast on feat and stat starved builds.

Sure - right NOW the cap is 2 reinc....until powergamers whine after a year of "only getting it twice" and Turbine relents and adds a higher limit.

And lastly....hello eternal grind.
    Yep, that is exactly why i think the True Reincarnation is a time sink and an easy way for Turbine to generate content and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Spisey View Post
    respeccing wont fix whats wrong with your toons baalz... true story

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Sure - right NOW the cap is 2 reinc....until powergamers whine after a year of "only getting it twice" and Turbine relents and adds a higher limit.
    Some food for thought...

What happens x months down the line when they add druid or some other new class.

Maybe that class has a past-life feat more worthwhile than player Pow Ah has on either of his two past lives.

What if the new class is "better" than Pow Ahs current class?

Can you reincarnate a third time granted that you don't get more past-life feats?

Can you respec your reincarnations?

Quote Originally Posted by winsom View Post
    what seems wierd to me is how can a level 20 character with an inventory and bank full of level 14+ gear be expected to re-play aquiring new gear while still keeping the old gear?

It is a logistical impossibility!

How can you go through the first 13 levels again collecting gear and banking that gear, all while your bank and inventory slots are still mostly-full with your previous life's gear?
    The same way it's always done, using mules to carry your loot for you?

Unless your inventory as well as entire bank is full of bound loot that is.

I just think its incredibly discouraging that its the characters people care about most and have worked on the most to run up 500 raid completions for +3 tome sets who actually get temporarily inferior (or run many more 20ths and hoard the tomes) by reincarnating until they re-acquire the loot, whereas a 100-ish completion char with a full set of +2s and most of their raid loot will in fact only gain through the reincarnation process.

Making people regret every super-rare tome they ever pulled is just a terrible idea .. and worse is making people like me have to go back into raids and keep the +3 tomes they pull for use after they reincarnate twice. No sorry, your sorceror can't have the +3 cha tome my paladin just pulled .. even though I've used one, I need another to complete my set so I can finally reincarnate **** it.
    Full set of +3 tomes > full set of +2 tomes +2 build points. Then again +3 tomes are yesterdays news.

The important issue is how good the past-life feats are.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Some food for thought...

What happens x months down the line when they add druid or some other new class.

Maybe that class has a past-life feat more worthwhile than player Pow Ah has on either of his two past lives.

What if the new class is "better" than Pow Ahs current class?

Can you reincarnate a third time granted that you don't get more past-life feats?

Can you respec your reincarnations?

The same way it's always done, using mules to carry your loot for you?

Unless your inventory as well as entire bank is full of bound loot that is.

Full set of +3 tomes > full set of +2 tomes +2 build points. Then again +3 tomes are yesterdays news.

The important issue is how good the past-life feats are.
    Yep, agreed, its just too bad that they're possibly invalidating something that was a grind on a scale of 5-10x the time commitment of any other grind in the game .. cap favor, shroud grinding, none of it even begins to compare with the time commitment required to complete a +3 tome set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    respeccing wont fix whats wrong with your toons baalz... true story

No respec in the world will make up for player ability, that is true!

Community Member mediocresurgeon's Avatar

Hmm.

So, I play a 20con/18str WF barb as my main, and a 18con/18cha sorc as my second main. Adding 4 pts to them wouldn't really help much, and removing the tomes from my caster would be a painful process. Also, since they didn't multiclass, there isn't really much motivation to reroll them--even the most major of gameplay changes probably will not affect their builds or party roles. Niether of these builds are feat-intensive (though I suppose any build could benefit from an extra Toughness feat).

How does this True Reincarnate help players like me?

Well, it doesn't, really.

Unless I get to pick from the whole list of feats, not just the ones selectable at 1/3/6/9/etc. Evasion/Improved Evasion would be mighty sexy on my Barbarian (who would probably use his extra points to boost Dexterity), and Divine Grace on my caster would rock the house (with a boost to intelligence for some extra skills).

Can we get someone on Llama to comfirm/disconfirm what Turbine means by "feats"? Also, can we get a confirm/disconfirm on Alignment changes please? The impact of alignment change cannot be underestimated!

Also, earning 1750 favor each time and ending up with x3 +2 tomes might cause a drop in prices. Might.
    Can we let Reincarnations open all quests on Elite please? I tend to cap my toons on favor because in Mod 8 there was nothing better for me to do.
    Last edited by mediocresurgeon; 10-09-2009 at 03:15 AM.

The nerfing will continue until morale improves!

Doing this for my 28 pointer seems like a no brainer. Big if is on my other toons what is the feat that you can choose from. Is it class specific like end game dr of the fvs, barbarian rage. It could create some pretty crazy pure class builds without having to multiclass. Or is it just a list of feats that you chose from that is open to all classes?

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast