Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    I Understand that favor would have to be re-run (makes sense to me) but what about pack slots and Banks slots. If we get to keep our gear where do we keep it? Also if say I receive an end reward for 20 completions of a raid, and I dont consume the tome, Will I be able keep the tome? And use it on my reincarnated characters?
    Well, I think we are now able to buy extra bank slots so.....we can keep every single peice of raid gear or tome from here on out. Why let others roll for it when we might want to use it after a respec?
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    I Understand that favor would have to be re-run (makes sense to me) but what about pack slots and Banks slots. If we get to keep our gear where do we keep it? Also if say I receive an end reward for 20 completions of a raid, and I dont consume the tome, Will I be able keep the tome? And use it on my reincarnated characters?
    tomes are tomes like any other piece of inventory so I imagine yes, I imagine items in the old slots will go in to some sort of overflow just like things do now.

The loss of tomes is really going to create another problem, you will rarel if ever see another +3/4 tome up for roll again, because there is no incentive to do so anymore
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Quanefel View Post
    Well, I think we are now able to buy extra bank slots so.....we can keep every single peice of raid gear or tome from here on out. Why let others roll for it when we might want to use it after a respec?
    We get it, you're upset you lost. But do we need to start posting what you think will happen in every thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    tomes are tomes like any other piece of inventory so I imagine yes, I imagine items in the old slots will go in to some sort of overflow just like things do now.

The loss of tomes is really going to create another problem, you will rarel if ever see another +3/4 tome up for roll again, because there is no incentive to do so anymore
    That's just. not. true.

Only 2 reincarnations, remember? After the 2nd, people won't need the tomes anymore. If just gives players an incentive to bank up an extra +3, and then put them up for roll after that.

That is not a bad thing. Players getting use out of things that come in the chest for them is a good thing.

I have important questions regarding the size changes.

I have a warforged fighter, who is quite tall already and is utterly terrifying. He can often be found in the harbor with hoards of newbies fleeing from him. Here is a pic:

now, my questions are, when he is reborn as a 36 point build:

1) are 28 point halflings going to be so small relatively that he can wear several of their heads on a necklace?
    2) will he be able to fit through the door in the lobster? or will he have to crash through the wall?
    3) how many party members will I be able to carry in my backpack
    4) will my heavy picks be too small to use? should I be looking for falchions or greatswords for each hand?

Thanks for your attention to this matter

~cratonic
    Last edited by gfunk; 10-08-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    <Sarlona>Leafy - ranger , Ingvild - fighter, Backk - rogue, Dahgnabbit - warlock , Reinheits - cleric, <Lost Legion>

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Interesting changes.

I would like to make one comment. I understand everyone's desire to have theri precious tomes carried over. I would to. However, there really is a simple reason why this is not possible. True reincarnation is very different from true ressurection. In true rez you physical body is brought back to life and your spirit is reconnected with it.

In true reincarnation your physical body has been destroyed and your spirit is attached to a new body or form. That is why you get some past life feats as your spirit can not remember all of whay you had in your past life since it is not an organic brain. As to the tomes.. they were physical objects that enhanced your physical body. They were destroyed when they were consumed. The physical enhancements to your body were also destroyed when your body was destroyed. Thus there is no way to carry over tomes.

Long wnded I know and not popular I know but still true all the same.

So we essentially have respecs now, let's look at Name and Surname changes. It's already stated you can't change your name even with True Reincarnation. I know it's a premium service currently, but with the DDO Store and Reincarnation being implemented, perhaps this would be a good time to introduce Rename tokens?

Rename tokens should allow for a name change along with the addition/change of surnames, something that can't be done as of yet. This could further help players make their character the way the want.

Quote Originally Posted by aurus33 View Post
    of detail.

I do agree that size thingie is made optional.
    Specially IF affects characteristics like halfling size (+1 to attack, +1 to AC)
    • Do I keep the bonuses?
    • Do I lose the penalty to Intimidate due size?

How the special feat a True reincarnated works?
    • Do we get to choose the feat for my "new life"?
    • if I get a toon up to two-True Reincarnations, do I get one feat from my first reincarnation and a another for the 2nd?
    I think a very large large population of players have these same questions. While I would like a larger amazon all the rest of my toons id rather be the same size or even smaller.

Can we combine the veterans bonus to start at level 4 with true respecing or do we start at level 1? (Or is it bugged to where you start at level 3 due to the xp difference in leveling :O!)
    The bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to keep me tame.
    Thelanis
    Toons: Diclonius, Sempresno, Slitmuno, Slitmdos, Slitmtres, Skyfe, Calcatrix, Marcosias, Sumona, Tarokian, Etc.

*still reading questions*

Re: Size

- When you get bigger, it's just a visual thing. It won't cause you to whack your head on the ceiling or get stuck between things because you got bigger
    - Saw someone mention the question of "grow" spell. This is a little different from the stand point that you actually are "created" bigger, it doesn't happen up and down on the fly during game play.

Re: Unused Tomes

Unused tomes you get to keep. It's part of your equipment.

Re: Used Tomes

Your character is an all new character. We burn the mortal shell of your former body into ash (no seriously, we do).

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

- When you get bigger, it's just a visual thing. It won't cause you to whack your head on the ceiling or get stuck between things because you got bigger
    - Saw someone mention the question of "grow" spell. This is a little different from the stand point that you actually are "created" bigger, it doesn't happen up and down on the fly during game play.

Your character is an all new character. We burn the mortal shell of your former body into ash (no seriously, we do).
    Any possibility of getting clarification on the past life feats?
    Current toons on Cannith: Case (Ftr 9/Rgr 6/Mnk 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post
    I don't want to be bigger and badder. I want to fix a single class selection I made during MODULE 3 when the level cap was 12 and we only have 4 enhancements period, nevermind Prestige Enhancements.

Check the sig.

A 15/2/1 Ranger. What I wouldn't give to drop the "/1".
    A 14/2/1 Bard. Again, the "/1".
    A 15/1/1 Cleric. Not as bad, but I really want to drop one of the "/1"s.

And your solution is "Shut the **** up and reroll" if I want to fix it? That's not respec. That's forcing me into a grind if I want to respec.
    I take it you haven't read about the Lesser Reincarnation?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Thumbs up

The most grind crazy ultimate end reward for the hardcore player. Now I have to eat my own words for saying I would never reroll my only 28 point character on Argo. I'm giving you guys a big thumbs up Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    We get it, you're upset you lost. But do we need to start posting what you think will happen in every thread?
    Upset I lost? No, I am happy now that you can go fix your broke characters. With this new respec, you even get a few chances at getting it right.
    Last edited by Quanefel; 10-08-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post

While that answers my questions the real thing is us halfling players LIKE the halflings small. A human sized halfling just isn't fun and will run like a gorilla. Please please please make a visual size option checkoff available in the options screen.

Also, how much dinero will I be set back?

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    where he cant do what he wants, cause you stick with the exact same classsplit
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    lesser simply allows you to redistribute stats you must keep your levels the same, greater is the same except you can make a 28pt build a 32 pt build. Lesser and true are fine greater simply lacks
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    While that answers my questions the real thing is us halfling players LIKE the halflings small. A human sized halfling just isn't fun and will run like a gorilla. Please please please make a visual size option checkoff available in the options screen.

Also, how much dinero will I be set back?
    /signed

I have however wanted an enlage spell clickie FOREVER... so If i wanted I could be one enormous HUGE halfling of doom... or something like that.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

lesser simply allows you to redistribute stats you must keep your levels the same, greater is the same except you can make a 28pt build a 32 pt build. Lesser and true are fine greater simply lacks
    Greater should have level re-spec...the benefit of true should be the +2 to points and new life feats etc.

I am curious how stat point allocation will work with greater... lamma mia here I come
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

But we just went thru a 1000+ post thread on how everyone needs a 32 point build option available and now they have it. That feature alone was the focus of lots of attention, let alone all other aspects of a respect.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast