Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by rashemen View Post
    See here's another post i dont like so i'll leave so i'll re-quote myself the addons are a personal choice if you dont like them dont install them, if you prefer to fight and battle DDO in it's orginal form then that is your choice but why is it wrong to allow addons to brighten the UI or give you vital info in raids ?? as long as the addon isn't a hack i dont not see the problem,

one person chooses to cover their UI in info boxes that are otherwise 1 or 2 clicks away in DDO menu to get the same info where is the problem?

you say if dev team adds it it's ok ?

so an extreme example addons are allowed and i dont know a type of quest helper is applied some one dont like it and so they leave then next big update DDO dev team thinks hey that's a good little addon i'll add that as a built in feature, does that mean you now come back cos DEV added it ?
    No many addons lead to exploitaton of the game in some way or to people being elitist so better to not have them you want them play another game they had said before other then UI adjustments there will not be addons. I like how new people come in all the time and say the game needs this will it has done fine for almost 5 years without addons so that speaks for itself.

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by rashonx View Post
    uhm duh he already stated that it was just his opinion to then comeback and basically repeat what he said then criticize him for it, makes it seem like you just wanted a snappy comeback which failed miserably. I love d&d and i like ddo but he 100% correct, the only ones i see ever really respond the way you did are p2p players who feel the need to justify why they pay almost $200 a year to be vip when this game has so many flaws theres no justifiable reason to warrant paying that..while you do get a loota perks by going p2p they doint even release ebuff new content for thier vip. and barring a vip using his points per month but he still has to pay for drow warforged and oother unlockables just like f2p thats ********. Not to mention the ******** hireling AI. Kobolds are smarter than mylevel 9 cleric ***
    umm one point VIP's dont pay for warforged or monks

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    /not signed

This is not really an accurate representation of what is actually happening. Yes module 9 took a long time in coming but Turbine realized in order to compete and grow the game it had to re-think its approach and basically redesigned the entire game which is why it took so long to provide module 9 which was actually about 10 months after module 8 was added. If you compare this in contrast to WoW which has been around much longer than DDO they have added what 3 or 4 expansion packs compared to the 9 DDO has in 3 years. For me this is attention to the game by producers and developers.

I am hearing that module 10 is expected out by year end or very early next year. That would mean that everything that this disgruntled player said to be untrue.
    Very frequent updates, yes, compared to other games, so it looks like you get new content very frequently, but while other games become available when complete, then get some new features, DDO was missing some classes to begin with (still does, depends on your opinion), and most prestiges are not finished, some classes have no prestiges at all. When bards didn't have prestiges, they were pretty much ignored (at least compared to now).

I never played an MMO I liked more than DDO, but it's still missing stuff. Gets boring sometimes, I thought i'll come back a few updates later, see if they patched up the holes.
    I admire the work they do, but they should finish the classes fisrt, then focus on the extras, like quest packs and cosmetic items and whatnot.
    Also, my friend was curious how many people are working on DDO (most likely in the dev team), any info i can get?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ladius View Post
    This is the reason I have been here for so long but with the new changes I'm not so sure that will carry it anymore.
    then leave. and take your horrible attitude with you. You will not be missed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorz View Post
    then leave. and take your horrible attitude with you. You will not be missed.
    You realise that you're replying to a post that's nearly two years old, right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astor1977 View Post
    I recently canceled my WoW account in favor of this game, however, one of the things I'll miss are the various addons that were available to WoW. Are there any addons available for this game? If so, where do I find them?
    Have you tried Project Ascension?
    I cancelled my WoW account in favor of this game AND Ascension
    Last edited by Zinlynn; 08-21-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Community Manager

closing as /necro
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123