Thread: Raiding

Default Raiding

Hi there...

Well i came from wow. a month ago.
    And as some of you might know, raiding in wow is like a second job.
    I used to raid 4 or 5 days per week at least 4 hours per night... which is not very good for sones social life.. i know.

Now i found out that i have no friends and my family doesnt return my calls ( thats a lie.. but i felt like spicing up with some personal drama) and i have nothing to do but questing... which is cool... but i miss the hype of having alot of players doing the same thing.

I know that there are some guilds doing raids atm... but i dont fell like leaving my guild. And from what i saw.. there are many players with the same fellings about their guilds and raiding (maybe they are a lil bit less addicted to raids than me) So i had this idea... from a game i used to play called planetarion. We had alliances which was your main thing and battlegroups that were peopl you use to organise attacks and more trivial stuff together.

The ideia is to create a raiding group. Gather people with teh same interest to raid twice or 3 times a week. Work on the flags and stuff together. I know that in theory that could be called a guild. BUT i dont thing it is when we go to the action. After all you probably do alot of stuff on a daily basis with just friends in your list.

I might be losing the thread here.. cause im kinda typing what is coming to my mind.. maybe someone can help out and make the idea better? maybe a userchat channel. dunno.

Anyway.. what do you guys think?

rawr \o/
    Cannith: Laurania Wildfire, Blu Trapspringer.

Arrow +1 Rep

Just for the amusing peek into your chaotic mind...

On Cannith, Don't have high enough level character yet to engage in Raids yet.
    BUT Raids are a large part of many guilds, and a Large part of Many Many players activities with or without their guild. I know, nothing helpful here...
    Moving on...
    Good luck!

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Raids are being pugged on a regular basis.

Yesterday and the day before Demon Queen, Hound of Xoriat, and The Shroud(1-4) were all pugged

Vault of Night 5-6 were pugged last week

SoS and Reaver flagging are in full swing and with Titan being put back on the table I would expect flagging for that to push up here real fast

Keep an eye on the LFMs and make sure you get your flagging finished finished as most of those have run short manned.
    Eurybia, Euthanasia, Streyino, Ivahoe
    Knight of the Silver Legion
    www.guildmedieval.com

yeah...
    i guess you are right...

its just that pugs are so messy.

my first pug wasnt able to do the fire/ice event for TS.
    That got me scared...
    The second TS kinda wnt fine til someone mess around with the puzzle

dunno

pugs are great.. but not really got if you want anything but loot.
    anyway..

:P

lol and thanks for the rep.. i guess.. :P

can i get the xaositects title? :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faction_%28Planescape%29

rawr \o/
    Cannith: Laurania Wildfire, Blu Trapspringer.

I like the idea of (when most of Cannith is up to raid-level) having an 'organization' or alliance of good guilds to fly through raids and stuff.

However, this tends to happen naturally anyway. The servers are small (or used to be, but for the most part, are) and everyone knows eachother and every guild knows every guild. In time when all the guilds start raiding, we'll mix and match with players we like and everyone will raid together as one happy Cannith family.

One of the reasons this game is so great is because of the small tight knit community, and it allows for this kind of group system to unfold naturally without even having a name or leader or anything.