Community Member

Default Mouse cursor does not re-center now?

I play DDO with mouselook on. I have my LMB mapped to attack and the RMB mapped to MMO interract/steer. Normally, I can Rclick on an NPC/Item to use it, I can hold down the RMB to release the mouse and use it as a cursor and L click items in my hotbar,options tab,group icons,etc(as long as I continue to hold down RMB). Now (after todays update) ,when i press and hold my RMB, my cursor is where I left it (used to automatically re-center). If the cursor is not returned to the center before i release RMB and re-engeage mousellok, I can not Rclick on NPCs and items. It is driving me crazy. Bug or new improvement?
    I have tried several new control schemes but I can not get it back to where it was yesterday . I got hooked on this scheme in the beta and really liked it.
    *Edit: I see this "Mouselook mode's mouse warping has been removed from the game. " from the patch notes.
    I guess it is a "fix"
    Can we get a toggle to turn it back on please?
    Last edited by crowell00; 09-17-2009 at 06:40 PM.

I too am having troubles with this

with mouselook on, i quickly RMB to select things.

now that the cursor remembers its last position, i need to recenter the cursor to quickly RMB things,

can we have a toggle along the lines of "remember last cusor position on mouselook exit" so that i can UN-CHECK it and go back to normal?

Community Member

i'll sign onto this petition... it's almost impossible to select allies in combat without using the F keys... which removes my hand from the heal spell i'd like to be placing on them at that moment. Or any number of other issues.

As a holdover:

For selecting non combat NPCs or interactive objects, center cursor as normal then push Q. this wont work to select allies though

Community Member

The problem that I am having is not that the mouse is away from where I expect it to be.

The problem that I'm having is that clicking and holding with the mouse now takes you out of mouselook if you're in it or into mouselook if you're out of it.

Previously, I could double click while leaving my mouse anywhere I wanted it to be because running in mouselook all the time meant that you were in mouselook ALL THE TIME.

I have tried looking through the options...I cannot find an option to prevent clicking toggling out of mouselook mode. It's crippling my ability to play. It took several attempts tonight to get a bartender to talk to me because I didn't realize that it was doing this ridiculous taking me out of mouselook thing.

This was something that has worked well for the past 3 1/2 years. Why has it been changed now? It's frustrating that to talk to anyone, go through a door, do ANYTHING!!! I have to either hold the mouse button down to move the cursor to where I want it or just toggle out of mouselook mode to do it.

I'm so glad that I didn't run a quest tonight. I would not have been able to heal or buff my party members the way I normally do (and that I've become efficient at doing) because of this crazy set up.

If this is a petition, I petition for it to go back to the pre-mod 9/DDO:EU way of handling mouselook.

/signed

Whatever was done in yesterdays patch, please undo it!

Stormreach Chronicler
    Founder
    Keeper of the CRAYONS

+1

this is a major issue that needs top priority! please fix asap!

-yav
    Yavool Ramnoth
    *NOR/ LD/RL-DDO; Lord/Realm Leader - *NOR/DDO
    The New OutRiders www.newoutriders.com
    Fernia (Ghallanda) Server

Default Put mouse look back please

I run in mouselook all the time. I find it faster and better than switching back and forth. Now when I do I have to turn it off to grab items or flip switches etc.. I liked it the way it was. Please put it back or give us an option. Please and thank you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cahira View Post
    The problem that I am having is not that the mouse is away from where I expect it to be.

The problem that I'm having is that clicking and holding with the mouse now takes you out of mouselook if you're in it or into mouselook if you're out of it.

Previously, I could double click while leaving my mouse anywhere I wanted it to be because running in mouselook all the time meant that you were in mouselook ALL THE TIME.

I have tried looking through the options...I cannot find an option to prevent clicking toggling out of mouselook mode. It's crippling my ability to play. It took several attempts tonight to get a bartender to talk to me because I didn't realize that it was doing this ridiculous taking me out of mouselook thing.

This was something that has worked well for the past 3 1/2 years. Why has it been changed now? It's frustrating that to talk to anyone, go through a door, do ANYTHING!!! I have to either hold the mouse button down to move the cursor to where I want it or just toggle out of mouselook mode to do it.

I'm so glad that I didn't run a quest tonight. I would not have been able to heal or buff my party members the way I normally do (and that I've become efficient at doing) because of this crazy set up.

If this is a petition, I petition for it to go back to the pre-mod 9/DDO:EU way of handling mouselook.
    Yep. This has been a biiiiiiig problem for a lot of people. I really gotta wonder how the hell it got put into the game. You guys at Turbine didn't think to test mouselook? You do realize you should have at least one mouselook player on your test team, right?

/signed

I have seen ways of making this useful if it were changed a little but as is is not useful at all.

agreed. please fix this immediately. it makes DDO unplayable in it's current state

Community Member

I had a huge problem with this (if I understand your issue correctly). After the patch, I kept noticing that, on right-click, the mouse position wasn't in the place that I had expected it to be and I couldn't interact with anything without a gazillion clicks or taking off mouselook (which didn't always work).

What I did was to go into the control settings and changed Button1 from DDO Classic Interact / Steer to (non-DDO Classic) Interact. Boom. Single-right click for everything - picking up, talking to people, whatever. Game is now playable again.

Now if only there was a pickup all button.....

edit: I've not seen clicking taking you out of mouselook so I can't speak to that.
    It occurs to me that the dice are being rolled by the same computer that's trying to kill me. It knows all the moves - it's just toying with me.