Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Stuck at load screen

I just created this account and made a new character, but whenever I try to log into the character, I get stuck at the load screen. My computer meets the recommended requirements, 4GB RAM, dual GeForce 8700M graphics cards, all drivers up to date. I can't figure out what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Agregaros View Post
    I just created this account and made a new character, but whenever I try to log into the character, I get stuck at the load screen. My computer meets the recommended requirements, 4GB RAM, dual GeForce 8700M graphics cards, all drivers up to date. I can't figure out what's wrong.
    What stage of the loading bar does it hang on? For a while I could not get past "opening main form". Easy fix for that was disabling UAC in control panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruditio View Post
    349) The red dragon does not get an AC penalty if you aim for his anus...

Tharashk:
    Gaijin Akuma Human ftr3/rog2
    Steave The Pirate Human Rog2
    Cirdale Norovir Elven Sorc2

Khyber:
    Mateas Human Rog2
    Varrick Bloodbane Dwarf ftr5
    Dycerian Human clr1

Community Member

I seem to be having the same problem- character creation goes smoothly, but when trying to enter the game the blue load bar fills, then nothing happens other than intermittent hard drive access. I am a sad panda Going to try submitting a ticket on the offchance.

Community Member

The load bar doesn't budge in the slightest. Right as I try to log in to the character it freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyram
    What stage of the loading bar does it hang on? For a while I could not get past "opening main form". Easy fix for that was disabling UAC in control panel.
    As for this, I disabled UAC when I bought the laptop. That **** is what makes people hate vista.
    Last edited by Agregaros; 09-10-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Community Member

Now instead of freezing at the loading screen it just crashes when I try to enter the game with a character.

Unhappy

I am at the "Please wait for download to complete." bit, tried other servers, same deal, I'm on a 10 mbit connection, I also used the standard installer, I was hoping to avoid downloading bit's here and there, I'm on XP so the UAC don't make a pffft to me, also noticed that the Turbine download manager says "Additional Content ('Beach'): Queued for download", has been all night, I'd like to know if there is a way to preload all this download content? I got the space, I got the speeds, meet the recommended specs, I'm not saying I'm inpatiant but all night is too long, even World Of Warcarfts 15 to 18 gig's took me 4 hours to download, install and update, Guild wars is 4 odd gig's and a fresh install using the -preload command only took me 2 hours, so please, is there a way of getting ALL the content so I no longer have to wait at the Character Selection screen?

Community Member

Same problem. It authenticates, then freezes about a quarter of the way through the loading screen.

Community Member

I uninstalled it and am re-downloading it without using turbine. Maybe that'll work.