Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    How nice for you.

I run a 4.4 GHz dual core processor, 4 GB of ram and have an Ati radeon HD 4870 1GBvideo card with a 100Mb connection speed. I get predictable lag in the shroud. It is DPS lag, everyone else in the raid gets it. we all have different ISP's on 3 different continents.
    "DPS lag" lol

Quote Originally Posted by MagicianBlade View Post
    IMO, it looks like the vast majority of lag people are experiencing is from either their own poor computers or poor network connections. I'm sorry, but you can't blame it on the servers. At some point, if you, or your network, can't deal with all the data that needs to come in, to make everything perfect, then somewhere, some data is going to have to get lost. I have virtually no lag, except for the first few times I look around an area, as my video card gets the textures all loaded to it. 3.3Ghz Dual Core, 3GB ram, ancient ATI 850XL, running at maximum settings for everything. Perhaps most importantly, comcast has me pushing speeds close to 20Mbit. Game typically runs anywhere from 40 to 180fps (40 in the worst situations, 180 when sitting in a small dungeon) When I upgrade video card, I fully expect all lag to disappear.
    I upgraded my entire PC pretty much. Even so, when there are seven instances of the harbor, five of the market palce and even three of the Leaky Dinghy, there's lag. There are too many people on the server for there not to be.

Oh, and there's always lag in the shroud.

~Anaelsbet~; ~Elsbet~; ~Lilabet~; ~Islabet~; ~Phaeddre~
    ~Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by MagicianBlade View Post
    IMO, it looks like the vast majority of lag people are experiencing is from either their own poor computers or poor network connections. I'm sorry, but you can't blame it on the servers. At some point, if you, or your network, can't deal with all the data that needs to come in, to make everything perfect, then somewhere, some data is going to have to get lost. I have virtually no lag, except for the first few times I look around an area, as my video card gets the textures all loaded to it. 3.3Ghz Dual Core, 3GB ram, ancient ATI 850XL, running at maximum settings for everything. Perhaps most importantly, comcast has me pushing speeds close to 20Mbit. Game typically runs anywhere from 40 to 180fps (40 in the worst situations, 180 when sitting in a small dungeon) When I upgrade video card, I fully expect all lag to disappear.
    Here's the question then? Lets say you do experience lag one day? With your record of "virtually no lag" if you were to experience lag would you blame the servers? Or continue to think upgrading your cpu further will fix the problem?

Because I have no lag also "virtually all the time" but from time to time, okay every time we fight a pit fiend in shroud part 4 and 5 (Problem also exists in ToD part 2) Then I magically lag, along with 12 other people. Explain that one smart guy?

The point being made is, this kind of lag exists, and we learn to play with it. I don't ever expect it to go away. So why should a system exist that is designed to reduce lag, but does not, need to still exist?
    Last edited by KaKa; 09-22-2009 at 05:54 AM.
    Tassandra - The Bard Seth - ♠♣The Rogue♥♦Tassander - The Cleric ♀ Calysto - The Wizard ♀
    Giott
    - The Barbarian ♂ Robotass - The Warforged ♀ Elves - The Ranger Tashas - The Sorceress ♀

Default OMG i just noticed that this thread was still going ...

And most amazingly that there is people still defending the "No Lag" , i guess if you run lowbies 24/7 you might not even know what people are talking about ...

Anyways they might as well have left it as it was , same thing with all the new "Option" that are more annoying then usefull and really irritating , most of us turn em off ... This is &^$%%(* *&^$%^$** ... oops i forgot to turn that one on ...
    BTW I don't do Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by acidtiger View Post
    Say what you will about WoW, but they have content and I don't feel like I'm being bent over every update.

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Default Spelling B

I love how you spelt "Dungeon." It makes me think of bongs, dongs and other things long and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    I love how you spelt "Dungeon." It makes me think of bongs, dongs and other things long and wrong.
    What makes it truly sad is that dungeon is right there, at the top of his screen
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    What makes it truly sad is that dungeon is right there, at the top of his screen
    zomg!! rotflmao (you're right!!!)

+1 Zing! for The Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    Whats truly sad is that some people think its a typo
    I've got my affairs in order for the coming zombie apocalypse, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiranselie View Post
    Whats truly sad is that some people think its a typo
    exactly

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_D View Post
    exactly
    I give the benefit of the doubt that someone is not that disrespectful to the forums & developers to be that lewd. Therefore, I would evaluate crude typing skills trumping purposeful debauchary. If purposeful, the thread should have been closed eons ago because it wasn't that clever.

Didnt you go to Cannith?
    I've got my affairs in order for the coming zombie apocalypse, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elsbet View Post
    Yeah, no kidding our presence hasn't gone unnoticed. We're firing arrows into them.
    sigworthy lol
    Maveriq Wiley... Benefaqtor... Spyqe... Masqot Von Chaedence...
    Ghallanda

Trade List

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kiranselie View Post
    Didnt you go to Cannith?
    I've been waiting for you to join me. It's lonely without you. Be my stilleto under the chain hemming and bleed Cannith dry of its virgin vessels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123