Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mod 9 ring questions and speculation

OK, so when people first started imbuing shards and putting them together with the rings, a dev, I believe Eladrin hinted we'd not learned everything about them yet.

Then for monks, it was implied, again, by Eladrin that monks had a special benefit.

Now, as I understand it, monks get the Tier 3 WEAPON effect applying to their handwraps, while others (or those not using handwraps) have the accessory effect. Is this correct?

Someone in party discussing it said maybe if, for instance you do POM you might get the regen AND the healing amplification effect if you were a monk using handwraps. Figuring out how to BEST upgrade my rings for my characters, monk and non-monk is now what occupies me since the raid's down and its time to just make my characters complete.

Also there was the theory that having one ring with earth, and the other with holy (if you grind for and get two perfect sets) would produce mineral II like effects (transmuting, etc)
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Since healing amp gives you +20% healing instead of +30% I would say there is more going on than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Well yes some have tier two and some three which fuels speculation. This is what I'm talking about. My monk just got some tomage tonight so he's getting closer and closer.

I wonder if it is not that you can't dual shard but that you can only dual shard effects that get tier two?
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Default Speculation

Well if it was intended to ave Monks receive dmg bonuses on rings that they craft, as a dev, I would program this to work on Monk designated Rings. IE. ring/belt or ring/necklace combos that were specific to the monk class like Ninja Spy.

Basically, from a design POV, I would think that the difference between weapon benifits and accessory benifits will be based on the specific ring and not the character class of the player crafting.

Not even seeing the New Raid yet myself, I of course have not crafted anything with the new rings. I would however look at the options of "dual" shards and trying to apply options like Mineral/Lightnin/Radience/Smoke/Tempered/ect.....to the rings.

It might be just like you said, having 2 separate rings and crafting 2 different properties. One on each of them.

I have seen the alter in the battlefield, but has anyone tried putting the rings in the Shroud alters yet? Do you use small/medium/large ingredients? Have the steps to create dual shards been taken when attempting to craft and imbue properties to the rings?

I say use your imagination and try wacked out things till you find the solution. Happy Hunting all.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

The altar in battlefield is an altar of subjugation so seeming it is limited to mediums. Interesting idea on special effects only for monk ring sets. Ninja spy - smoke seems interesting.
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Quote Originally Posted by ariel7 View Post
    The altar in battlefield is an altar of subjugation so seeming it is limited to mediums. Interesting idea on special effects only for monk ring sets. Ninja spy - smoke seems interesting.
    The only thing about it being attached to the item, and not the character crafting is essentially any class could get extra dmg added to thier weapons. But I'm sure tht however it all works, it will be meant to work that way.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

Damage effects on the rings(from imbues) only apply to h2h attacks

Someone has tried making a dual medium shard in the battlefield altar and it doesnt work, right?

How about putting in 2 imbued medium shards (say 1 holy and 1 shocking) + 18 shavarath trophy of war + 1 ring all at once. Or maybe try 18 trophy + 2 mediums at once first. I believe the dual shard attempts were only done with 9 trophies.
    Thelanis - Former VIP for ~4 years. Not currently playing.
    Former officer of Indago, server-wide 2nd place: Titan, Queen, Reaver, & Abbot
    ==GREAT MEMORIES========= :: PESTILENCE :: =========GREAT COMMUNITY==
    Vhlad / Vhladx / Vhladxx / Vhladxxx / Vhladxxxx / Vhladxxxxx / Vhlade / Vhlader / Vhlada

You can only get +2 Insight AC on the rings I tried it earlier today, and from what I've heard the damage effects only apply to unarmed damage. I can't 100% confirm the unarmed damage part, but I heard it from a reliable source. I'll post a screenshot of the +2 insight ring in a little while.
    Last edited by Thriand; 09-09-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Insight on a ring
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

that really bites.
    Thelanis - Former VIP for ~4 years. Not currently playing.
    Former officer of Indago, server-wide 2nd place: Titan, Queen, Reaver, & Abbot
    ==GREAT MEMORIES========= :: PESTILENCE :: =========GREAT COMMUNITY==
    Vhlad / Vhladx / Vhladxx / Vhladxxx / Vhladxxxx / Vhladxxxxx / Vhlade / Vhlader / Vhlada

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    Insight on a ring
    Why...that doesnt seem to be very incredible at all.

I wonder if we havent gotten to the bottom of these rings yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably View Post
    Hasta, teach me to be awesome like you

Have you guys crafted these rings follow the same focus?
    what focus you chose?

Let's check the monk shintao set:
    It's Wisdom +6, Exceptional Strength +1, follw the rule of:

Tier one:
    water/escalation/ethereal
    Tier two:
    water/escalation/material

So if anyone put:
    water/dominion/material
    on tier3---with 9 trophy and a imbused shard of water dominion material,
    can we get a ring with icy burst? and even crushing wave when you unarmed.

I just don't know that focus you guys crafted on, if anyone followed the same pure focus on tier3.
    Can we get a bonus effect of pure focus.

making a water-dom-material ring would in fact make it icy burst, however

a: this only affects hand to hand attacks, not weapons, so its just for monks (the damage dealing options)

b: you do not gain any shard effects or clickies: there is no crushing wave nor panacea involved.\

You cannot do multiple shards; its just a great shard, and its done.

Just an idea here. Has anyone tryed to put any of the ingridients for the boots and see if you can combine with anything else? I would think you can't but ....maybe somebody try it?
    Aussie, Minimonbon,Rockstarr-Leader of Utopia
    Trade List

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieee View Post
    Just an idea here. Has anyone tryed to put any of the ingridients for the boots and see if you can combine with anything else? I would think you can't but ....maybe somebody try it?
    Those won't even go on the altar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    Insight on a ring
    Bah, was hoping to get +4 insight on a ring for my monk, and go for the +3 dodge sov rune on the dt vestments. Oh well, at least I avoid another sov rune grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennario View Post
    Bah, was hoping to get +4 insight on a ring for my monk, and go for the +3 dodge sov rune on the dt vestments. Oh well, at least I avoid another sov rune grind.
    will the +2 stack with a +4 insight like dodge dose or is it the greater number only?
    Saesee Tinn - Ranger 18 | Rouge 1 | Monk 1
    Plo Koon - Wizard 10 | Monk 2| Rouge 1
    Humza - Wizard 20

Quote Originally Posted by exarkun View Post
    will the +2 stack with a +4 insight like dodge dose or is it the greater number only?
    I would imagine, the greater of the two insight bonuses is applied, this is the case with other items that give insight bonuses.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Vhlad View Post
    Someone has tried making a dual medium shard in the battlefield altar and it doesnt work, right?

How about putting in 2 imbued medium shards (say 1 holy and 1 shocking) + 18 shavarath trophy of war + 1 ring all at once. Or maybe try 18 trophy + 2 mediums at once first. I believe the dual shard attempts were only done with 9 trophies.
    Anyone try somethng like this?
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast