Default Ring Crafting Confusion

Under the impression that ring crafting gave tier III effects, Fanfare on Ghallanda put a focus of positive, opposition, material in the crafting altar out in Shavarath to put 30% healing amplification on her Frenzied Berzerker ring. She used medium ingredients and a great power shard. She ended up with the correct effect, but only 20% healing amplification.

Did we do something wrong? Is this the maximum healing amplification effect one can achieve with ring crafting? We know that many people on Lamannia were able to craft +2 exceptional stats similar to those from the Shroud Tier 3 weapon affects. Had anyone done healing amplification? Are other effects, like superior combustion 6, cut down to greater combustion?

Anyone who might be able to point us toward better understanding how ring crafting works would be appreciated.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Under the impression that ring crafting gave tier III effects, Fanfare on Ghallanda put a focus of positive, opposition, material in the crafting altar out in Shavarath to put 30% healing amplification on her Frenzied Berzerker ring. She used medium ingredients and a great power shard. She ended up with the correct effect, but only 20% healing amplification.

Did we do something wrong? Is this the maximum healing amplification effect one can achieve with ring crafting? We know that many people on Lamannia were able to craft +2 exceptional stats similar to those from the Shroud Tier 3 weapon affects. Had anyone done healing amplification? Are other effects, like superior combustion 6, cut down to greater combustion?

Anyone who might be able to point us toward better understanding how ring crafting works would be appreciated.
    Eladrin posted somewhere that not all the recipes would follow the Tier 3 effects.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Eladrin posted somewhere that not all the recipes would follow the Tier 3 effects.
    Nice so you have to guess again. Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Here's the screenshot of the crafted ring:

Fanarchy - Fanatik - Fanfare - Fanda Bear - Fantta Squirt - Fanttom of the Roq Opera
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled (GRR)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomical View Post
    Here's the screenshot of the crafted ring:

Yep it's suppposed to be 30% if tier 3. Wow if someone already has 20% that little piece of missing info would have just ruined their ring.
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

A little worried about my planned setup now. Hesitant to try heightened awareness 4 because I may end up with heightened awareness 2 and ruin the ring.

And I would have defenitely ruined my WF barbs ring if I went with the planned 30% healing amp. ><
    Thelanis - Former VIP for ~4 years. Not currently playing.
    Former officer of Indago, server-wide 2nd place: Titan, Queen, Reaver, & Abbot
    ==GREAT MEMORIES========= :: PESTILENCE :: =========GREAT COMMUNITY==
    Vhlad / Vhladx / Vhladxx / Vhladxxx / Vhladxxxx / Vhladxxxxx / Vhlade / Vhlader / Vhlada

Oh that stinks. What a shame. Turbine is not going in the right direction with crafting. DT Armor was a joke (with the randomness), and now this?

By the way, congrats Rocka on what you've accomplished with Rerolled.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Fortunately I wear glacier instead of levik's, so the ring isn't ruined, but it is a bit of a bummer. But, so it goes. Who can complain about lucking out and pulling what you want early? Does make one wonder about the other recipies though.
    Fanarchy - Fanatik - Fanfare - Fanda Bear - Fantta Squirt - Fanttom of the Roq Opera
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled (GRR)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

A little confused here... I totally missed the beta discussions, but given that we are using medium ingredients and shards, doesn't it make sense to expect tier 2 effects rather than tier 3? I would understand people being mad if they used 12 large ingredients to get a tier 2 effect, but it's not the case here...

Where is all of you guys sense of adventure? Perhaps you can also get better effects then tier 3 shroud crafting as well with some experimentation.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.