Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level sigils ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Level sigils ?

So just to clarify something I read in another thread; You have to PAY for "level sigils" just to be able to level, as a F2P player? Seriously? I understand there are limits to free playing to make it worthwhile to be a VIP and i apologize if I sound like a whiny brat, but do we honestly have to pay to advance every four levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Faelyndel View Post
    So just to clarify something I read in another thread; You have to PAY for "level sigils" just to be able to level, as a F2P player? Seriously? I understand there are limits to free playing to make it worthwhile to be a VIP and i apologize if I sound like a whiny brat, but do we honestly have to pay to advance every four levels?
    no, you can also randomly get them at the end of quests, but no promises on how long it takes (some people on the beta server would have been level 5 or 6 before they got theirs)
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Interesting. I appreciate the fact that there's a way to get them without purchasing them, even if it's random. But hey, I get to play my favourite game without having to pay money I don't have to subscribe, so I can't complain

Now, are level sigils per character, per server or per account? Can I only level the character who finds/buys the sigil past level four or every character afterwards as well?

Interesting. I appreciate the fact that there's a way to get them without purchasing them, even if it's random. But hey, I get to play my favourite game without having to pay money I don't have to subscribe, so I can't complain

Now, are level sigils per character, per server or per account? Can I only level the character who finds/buys the sigil past level four or every character afterwards as well?
    per character, and bound to that character. So all characters you make need to find one for themselves.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

no its per character I believe
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

I guess it makes sense that it's per character. It sucks, but it makes sense. Do you think it would be possible to get enough favor by the end of level four to equal enough TP to purchase the level sigil?

And on a similar note, would it be possible to earn enough favor by playing the game to equal enough TP to purchase some of these adventure packs? Or will I have to spend some money on adventure packs to enrich my playing experience and/or have access to enough quests to level?

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

I guess it makes sense that it's per character. It sucks, but it makes sense. Do you think it would be possible to get enough favor by the end of level four to equal enough TP to purchase the level sigil?

And on a similar note, would it be possible to earn enough favor by playing the game to equal enough TP to purchase some of these adventure packs? Or will I have to spend some money on adventure packs to enrich my playing experience and/or have access to enough quests to level?
    I think at some point you will need to buy a couple things. Plus you will need to buy at least 1 Turbine Point to fully unlock some important game features like /tell, in game email, the auction house, and to maximize the gold storage you are allowed.

Community Member

That is possible, but it would be a mistake, and you'd be better off spending those points on an adventure pack. Obtaining the first levelling sigil by grinding a 60-second quest is easy compared to earning that many points.

Or will I have to spend some money on adventure packs to enrich my playing experience and/or have access to enough quests to level?
    Considering that the game goes up to level 20 and free quests stop at 12...

Even if you could find a way to proceed past 12 without adventure packs, why bother when there will be nothing to do?

I don't think so. But we'll have to wait and see. Maybe they tweaked it since beta, but assuming things haven't changed then the answer is no.

Early on in beta, leveling sigils -- at least the first one which unlocked level 8 -- dropped like crazy in Korthos. You were almost guaranteed to get one prior to hitting level 4, sometimes you'd get one on the very first quest you did with that character. Then, late in the beta, they changed things and you never ever found one in Korthos and were lucky to find one in the Harbor or Marketplace. I assume that's the version that went "gold" so I don't have high hopes about finding sigils from quests. If that's the case then, yeah, it's gong to be very discouraging to people.

You would but you should get one from an hour or two spent working on harbor quests .. those 150 tp are way better spent on an adventure pack in the future when you run out of good quests to run to level. Please keep in mind there are no free quests past level 12 or so, so you will need to save your free points and farm more free points to get access to quests to level past 12 or 13.

If it is your goal to play ddo for free, you cannot afford to ever spend turbine points on anything except new quests, possibly new character slots, and if you really want them the paid races/classes.

Turbine points accumulate slowly enough that buying all your level sigils is equivalent to giving away enough points to purchse access to another dozen quests and raid to level yourself in in the level 13-16 range (its the same cost as gianthold or the vale of twilight, the two must-have higher level packs before devils of shavarath).

, but do we honestly have to pay to advance every four levels?

all it a leveling tax, if you dont want to pay you can hope you win the lottery.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Its turbine's way of adding challenging concepts to F2P and encouraging you to either get a VIP subscription, buy a sigil from the store or grind for favor on various characters. It is impossible to avoid purchasing items from the Turbine Store: there is no way whatsoever to avoid that place unless you want to completely stop leveling. However, the good news is that it is entirely possible to play the whole game without spending a single penny on purchasing Turbine Points, but this will take a lot of time and skill to do. (Well, mostly time, but the more skill you have, the better!)

And some GREAT advice for you in using the Turbine store: NEVER purchase any cosmetics, potions or any other disposable items from the Turbine store as F2P, especially if you cannot use real-world cash to purchase points. And only buy leveling sigils for your characters if you plan to keep them as your 'main' characters (I.E.:Characters that you wont use to simply get points for favor). Otherwise, you will find it to be a waste and end up having to spend more time getting points.
    Last edited by knightgf; 09-01-2009 at 09:30 PM.

So please clarify. WHAT quests give off level sigils? all of them at a small percentage or just a specific few?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueFox View Post
    So please clarify. WHAT quests give off level sigils? all of them at a small percentage or just a specific few?
    Any quest.

For example, I got one offered as the reward from the quest giver, after finishing Information is Key on nomal difficulty.

That's a very easy quest to run through quickly, solo. I got it shortly after reaching level 4, so there was no delay in leveling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-day_Trial_Monkey View Post
    Any quest.

For example, I got one offered as the reward from the quest giver, after finishing Information is Key on nomal difficulty.

That's a very easy quest to run through quickly, solo. I got it shortly after reaching level 4, so there was no delay in leveling for me.
    Probably has to be a quest which can give loot off a table instead of the same item(s) all the time.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Just got a lvl sigil from durks as a quest reward. Copper, now my cap was raised to 8 instead of 4.

But i was grinding for a muckbane...
    Last edited by adamkatt; 09-02-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Well it's soounding like sigils aren't hard to find, so that's promising. Buying a bit of Turbine Points for adventure packs, being able to send tells etc. wouldn't be a problem in terms of money, I'm not completely broke , but I'm too young for a credit card so I'm not quite sure HOW I'm going to buy these points.

Information is Key, hm? If I remember correctly, that one's not too hard, so that's a good thing.

Community Member

Talking

Well it's soounding like sigils aren't hard to find, so that's promising. Buying a bit of Turbine Points for adventure packs, being able to send tells etc. wouldn't be a problem in terms of money, I'm not completely broke , but I'm too young for a credit card so I'm not quite sure HOW I'm going to buy these points.

Information is Key, hm? If I remember correctly, that one's not too hard, so that's a good thing.
    hmmmm! maybe u should learn 2 grind 2 acquire that level sigil from my experience in closed beta level 5-8 sigil from the buthhers path hard mode my level was just 2 then and 8-12 from waterworks and house maybe you should learn to grind and end the quest simply 2 enjoy and established friends that was just my opinion cause im just a F2play asian player here for me it's better it to acquire thru grinding cause when u recieve it as a reward it's all worth it

you got your 8-12 sigil from waterworks?

i assumed that sigils were only available in quest rewards of similar level. since i'm looking to get some 17-20 sigils, this is of great interest to me.

has anyone else gotten high level sigils from low level quests?

It's very easy. You get a Mastecard vanilla card from any store, and then you type it in and voila!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast