Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Level sigils ?

I got a copper sigil as an end reward doing Durk's quest also. For the record it was on solo difficulty at level 2. I did this quest twice, first on normal and got no sigil as a reward option. I got the quest again and went back and did it on solo and then had sigil as a reward option. So 50% sigil rate so far.

FYI, Durk is in the floating tavern.

What about platinum Sigil of Leveling for level 17 to 20? Anyone got them? Where did it drop?

I have been playing day and night ever since I came back trying F2P grinding favor to unlock things but stuill no Sigil of lvling for 17-20... or any for that mather. I have 4 my 4 character waiting on a sigil to hit lvl 17+ and still nothing. I am saving my TP for the Vale AP and only 50 points away so I don't feel like wasting it on Sigil. Not when I am so close to unlocking the shroud. I also had to unlock WF and it really isn't cheap to pay 595 TP to play your alts just because for some reason they decided WF wasn't F2P.

I also feel I got screwed with F2P as all my alts had pretty high favor and I didn't get credited for it prioperly. (By Properly I mean, I have 4 character with each over 1200 FP so I should have like 1200 TP right? well I only got 300 or so.)
    The Cube has found your worship to be non-satisfactory, and is considering revoking your title.

ALL HAIL THE CUBE!

Community Member

I can understand wanting to play to get the sigils for free, but surely if you are a free player spending $6 to buy one and have spare points isn't too much to ask?

I will play to the maxed level and maybe a bit further before I buy any needed as I take it as more of a skill thing and more rewarding than just being tight. If I can't eventually find one I'll happily pay what for me is around £2.00 for it and the same with the module packs. There is always the chance they will be on offer at some time too.

If no one ever spends anything the game won't last very long and as I consider it better than the equivalent buy once non-subs Guild Wars that would be a shame.

The complete Guild Wars is still £25 ($37) and when you have been banned by having another anonymous nazi player making false allegations about you and submitting a report, you wouldn't consider buying another NSoft game again. I can do without spending time in a fascist online world where you can have a random visit from the secret police in the middle of the night. It also leaves you with a $37 tea coaster.

$37 buys 3300 turbine points, more if you wait to see if they have a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Faelyndel View Post
    I guess it makes sense that it's per character. It sucks, but it makes sense. Do you think it would be possible to get enough favor by the end of level four to equal enough TP to purchase the level sigil?

And on a similar note, would it be possible to earn enough favor by playing the game to equal enough TP to purchase some of these adventure packs? Or will I have to spend some money on adventure packs to enrich my playing experience and/or have access to enough quests to level?
    You would but you should get one from an hour or two spent working on harbor quests .. those 150 tp are way better spent on an adventure pack in the future when you run out of good quests to run to level. Please keep in mind there are no free quests past level 12 or so, so you will need to save your free points and farm more free points to get access to quests to level past 12 or 13.

If it is your goal to play ddo for free, you cannot afford to ever spend turbine points on anything except new quests, possibly new character slots, and if you really want them the paid races/classes.

Turbine points accumulate slowly enough that buying all your level sigils is equivalent to giving away enough points to purchse access to another dozen quests and raid to level yourself in in the level 13-16 range (its the same cost as gianthold or the vale of twilight, the two must-have higher level packs before devils of shavarath).

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunthor View Post
    What about platinum Sigil of Leveling for level 17 to 20? Anyone got them? Where did it drop?

I have been playing day and night ever since I came back trying F2P grinding favor to unlock things but stuill no Sigil of lvling for 17-20... or any for that mather. I have 4 my 4 character waiting on a sigil to hit lvl 17+ and still nothing. I am saving my TP for the Vale AP and only 50 points away so I don't feel like wasting it on Sigil. Not when I am so close to unlocking the shroud. I also had to unlock WF and it really isn't cheap to pay 595 TP to play your alts just because for some reason they decided WF wasn't F2P.

I also feel I got screwed with F2P as all my alts had pretty high favor and I didn't get credited for it prioperly. (By Properly I mean, I have 4 character with each over 1200 FP so I should have like 1200 TP right? well I only got 300 or so.)
    Sounds like you had the favor prior to EU launching. Favor wasn't fully retroactive, all you got credit for retroactively was for the server based favor, not char based.

Well it's soounding like sigils aren't hard to find, so that's promising. Buying a bit of Turbine Points for adventure packs, being able to send tells etc. wouldn't be a problem in terms of money, I'm not completely broke , but I'm too young for a credit card so I'm not quite sure HOW I'm going to buy these points.

Information is Key, hm? If I remember correctly, that one's not too hard, so that's a good thing.

I may be a bad example but it took my sorc 150 lvl 5-8 to get a silver and 60-70 9-12 quests to get a gold sigil.
    Last edited by adamkatt; 10-07-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by idbi View Post
    I understand that finances can be tough and that obviously people wish everything was free but really the amount of money that it costs to VIP is negligible. If you can afford to have a computer capable of playing DDO and if you can afford monthly internet access for that computer you can afford to be a VIP you just choose not to. You might even have convinced yoruself that you can't afford it but you can ... about 50 cents a day.
    Unless of course you purchased your computer while still employed and are now living off of the good graces of others/family who have internet. Just to be technical, there are those people that have the ability to play without the means to support a VIP account or even buying turbine points.
    Last edited by Slagar; 10-07-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Sounds like you had the favor prior to EU launching. Favor wasn't fully retroactive, all you got credit for retroactively was for the server based favor, not char based.
    If it's the way it's suposed to work, then I am pretty much done for ain't I. Yes I had the Favor prior to to EU launching. What am I suposed to do, delete my character with high favor(and Raid items) and make new ones? So I can have a chance to unlock AP so I can once more enjoy the game?

I did submit a ticket to account support. I'll see what comes of it.
    The Cube has found your worship to be non-satisfactory, and is considering revoking your title.

ALL HAIL THE CUBE!

I read about 3 pages of this thread and several times "gold limit" was mentioned. What is meant by this?

Quote Originally Posted by stilldamom View Post
    I read about 3 pages of this thread and several times "gold limit" was mentioned. What is meant by this?
    Free 2 Play accounts are limited on how much gold they can carry. This limit is increased every time you level up though.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

I got a level 6-8 sigil from the npc at the harbour Inn, Stormreach one of the first quests I did upon arriving where you clear out the gambling den.

silver sigil soloing hard mode house deneith sewer quests.

Community Member

So just to clarify something I read in another thread; You have to PAY for "level sigils" just to be able to level, as a F2P player? Seriously? I understand there are limits to free playing to make it worthwhile to be a VIP and i apologize if I sound like a whiny brat, but do we honestly have to pay to advance every four levels?
    The sigils are relatively common, though I'm convinced that harder quest settings make them more common. I only had one character so far go beyond the cap and not get his sigil. Was that same character that made me realize, sometimes leveling up as soon as you can is actually the worse thing you can do if you are doing the F2P content. Sometimes it's best to NOT level.

I have a ranger that got his Sigil on the first try of Information is Key Quest at level 2.

But my Wizard I have fun that quest at least 15 times on all sorts of difficulty settings and durks got a secret 3 times.

Any other quest suggestions? I am about to spend my 50 turbine points and buy it on the DDO store.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagar View Post
    Unless of course you purchased your computer while still employed and are now living off of the good graces of others/family who have internet. Just to be technical, there are those people that have the ability to play without the means to support a VIP account or even buying turbine points.
    Okay granted. If someone is barely making it, living off of charity, and has no possible way of coming up with 50 cents a day other than petty crime perhaps spending their days in pursuit of free content in an MMO is not the best use of the resources they do have. Just to be technical, people paying money pay server costs and development costs, they are customers. They are catered to (in theory ;-) If you do not have the ability, for any reason, to sub VIP or purchase points but do still want to play just go ahead and enjoy the available content and work within the confines of the f2p model and re-evaluate spending money on the game should your situation change. Just because someone is incapable of purchasing something doesn't mean that it should be given to them.
    There's a fine line between ignorance and arrogance and only I can cross that line.
    id(-.-)bi

Here is my question. What if a F2P character hits his XP cap and still hasn't found a sigil? If he keeps trying new quests in an effort to find his sigil is he loosing that xp? or is it like when the level cap was 16 and any quests you did while capped didn't count. Then once the level cap was raised the next time you did that quest you got your full xp for first time completion.

If you loose the first time completion xp when your F2P capped then that sucks. Can anyone confirm how it works?

Community Member

You can overcap to "pin", which is 2 levels ahead -1 exp.

So you can be level 4, gain exp, gain all of level 4's exp needed to reach level 5.
    Then you can gain all of level 5's exp, -1, to reach level 6.

When you find your sigil, you'll be level 5, 1 exp point from level 6.

Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    You can overcap to "pin", which is 2 levels ahead -1 exp.

So you can be level 4, gain exp, gain all of level 4's exp needed to reach level 5.
    Then you can gain all of level 5's exp, -1, to reach level 6.

When you find your sigil, you'll be level 5, 1 exp point from level 6.
    But my question is once you hit that actual cap and keep running quests to find a sigil what happens to the xp you can't get? Use to be when there was no such thing as free to play (MOD 8 and before) once you hit the level cap you could do quests but would not get penalized for not getting the xp. I.E. you wouldn't loose your first time completion bonus and once the level cap was raised you could do the quest again and get that first time bonus even though it really wasn't your first time doing the quest. Just your first time getting the xp. I am wondering if this is true now for F2P players when they are capped but still want to search for a sigil instead of buying it. Anyone know? Because if not then F2P players would try to get a sigil by running quests over and over then have run it so many times that they lost all the xp before they ever got any of it.

Default VIP's are lazy... or they have lives.

I completely support the concept of leveling sigils.
    Turbine needs $...

And finding them isn't that hard. By the time you're level 4, if you do enough quests to even be close to level five, you'll most likely have found a copper sigil.

On my 1st character, I bought a sigil, not knowing they'd be so easy to find.
    For my 2nd character, within me getting to 1 rank after Level 4, I found my sigil...
    Same for my 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.

And anyway, Turbine Points can be earned in game. So even if you can't find a sigil, you can still get it without paying a cent.

I am not sure that everyone is aware of this but as the level goes up the 'Drop Rate' of the sigil goes WAY down. I would agree that finding a copper sigil is easy. It seems to have a very high drop rate. After that though all other sigils look to have a very very low drop rate. I have friends and guildies that have made it to the 1exp below level 10 cap and ran every F2P quest they could up to elite and have had no silver sigil drop. I figure from what I'm seeing that the drop rate for silver and above is less than 3%. It looks like its less likely to drop than most raid loot in the game.

I'm not complaining about that and my F2P buddies don't mind that much about the drop rate either. What they don't want is to have repeated the quests so many times that they get no xp once they do get the sigil by either finding it or finally giving up and getting one through the store. Guess no one knows the answer to this. A ticket was even sent into the GMs and they said they didn't know the answer to the xp question. I will say this if they are loosing the xp for running quests when they are capped then it should be changed. Don't see the fairness in that at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234