Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkius View Post
    I think the WF Fighter/Rogue here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=196370 and a good WF Sorc would do fairly well too. Granted my opinion is biased on the build :shrugs:

I think that with the new 'dungeon alert' system sneaking past a lot of enemies is going to be a lot tougher and maybe even has the potential to cause 'performance issues'. So some heavy melee would be a nice addition especially with just a 2 man group. The rogue side should be able to do most traps even into the high end content. Needless to say locked doors and other secret passages shouldnt be too difficult with proper gear applied.

Some say that only a 'splash' of rogue is needed to do most traps in the game, but if you are planning on going through to elite on upper end quests then more than a splash will be necessary IMO

WF definately is the way to go either way and as long as one of you are an arcane or have strong arcane level content in the build you should be in pretty good shape.
    I think for the most part the traps get easier in end game content. I have a rog that had issues with the elite von 5 traps, but no problems in any elite content thereafter. None of my rogs are really trappers though.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    I think for the most part the traps get easier in end game content. I have a rog that had issues with the elite von 5 traps, but no problems in any elite content thereafter. None of my rogs are really trappers though.
    Agreed. My Ranger/Rogue/Fighter 14/1/1 has no problem with most traps, though the those in Cabal (not the ridiculous one) elite gave me problems when someone misspoke to the guy at the beginning, and I have yet to try VoD with that guy (archer).

Good equipment goes a long way.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Good equipment goes a long way.
    That is for sure But not everyone is blessed with a strong guild base or helping hand starting out. And I predict with the influx of new F2P players thngs that were once given freely may not flow so endlessly anymore. :shrugs: Just my opinion.

I kinda look at it like this, if I was going to land on 'X' server without anyone elses help I would need '?' ? Therefore most of my builds are very self sufficient depending on gear availability at any given level. Maybe thats where my vision of a good 2 man is skewed though. So used to solo-ability in a build I'm not thinking 'party support'

I still like the build though
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

How about a stealth bard and a stealth rogue. Sneak up to the mob and fascinate. Next just assassinate one at a time. Two umd capable toons, traps taken care of, crowd control, plenty of buffs...
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

I would use a ranger mutt like the exploiter 18 ranger/1 rogue/1monk
    and a healing/offensive casting 20 cleric

This would cover you on
    AC toon-yep put ac gear on ranger
    DPS melee-yep ranger can do that
    Insta-kill spell-yep cleric gets that
    damaging spell-yep cleric gets BB
    level drain-yep cleric gets that
    heals-cleric definately gets that
    buffs-yep both ranger and cleric get those
    traps-yep ranger gets those through /1 rogue
    evasion toon-yep the ranger

you got it all covered
    Last edited by FluffyCalico; 09-29-2009 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    I would use a ranger mutt like the exploiter 18 ranger/1 rogue/1monk
    and a healing/offensive casting 20 cleric

This would cover you on
    AC toon-yep put ac gear on ranger
    DPS melee-yep ranger can do that
    Insta-kill spell-yep cleric gets that
    damaging spell-yep cleric gets BB
    level drain-yep cleric gets that
    heals-cleric definately gets that
    buffs-yep both ranger and cleric get those
    traps-yep ranger gets those through /1 rogue
    evasion toon-yep the ranger

you got it all covered
    Only problem with this is that against reasonably stationary foes with high regeneration, or those that just need to die extremely fast (the rednamed Eladrin in Running with the Devils, the VON3 Marut done at level, the Church and the Cult vampire done at level, or a few others including the boss of A New Invasion done on hard or elite or Sor'jek), you will really struggle to put out the DPS needed to beat them.

I've been thinking more about this 'best pairing' and can think of two best choices - either two Tukah builds (WF evasion melee sorcs) or the trapsmith warchanter and evasive AC battlecleric combo.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Only problem with this is that against reasonably stationary foes with high regeneration, or those that just need to die extremely fast (the rednamed Eladrin in Running with the Devils, the VON3 Marut done at level, the Church and the Cult vampire done at level, or a few others including the boss of A New Invasion done on hard or elite or Sor'jek), you will really struggle to put out the DPS needed to beat them.

I've been thinking more about this 'best pairing' and can think of two best choices - either two Tukah builds (WF evasion melee sorcs) or the trapsmith warchanter and evasive AC battlecleric combo.
    Please take the church and the cult off that list. Cleric heal is so much DPS on that boss in there its not even funny.
    Other than that your list has value, but understand, most people don't expect to 2 man every single thing in the game. If they can 2 man all but 5 then they have a very playable enjoyable 2 man group. Also note that melee sorcs and melee bards and melee clerics are some of the hardest things in the game to play well. They aren't bad but they aren't easy to do well with, they need skill and understanding of it to work well.
    Last edited by FluffyCalico; 09-30-2009 at 05:14 AM.
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    Please take the church and the cult off that list. Cleric heal is so much DPS on that boss in there its not even funny.
    Other than that your list has value, but understand, most people don't expect to 2 man every single thing in the game. If they can 2 man all but 5 then they have a very playable enjoyable 2 man group. Also note that melee sorcs and melee bards and melee clerics are some of the hardest things in the game to play well. They aren't bad but they aren't easy to do well with, they need skill and understanding of it to work well.

He said 'at level', no one running that quest has heal at level, though scrolls may be available

Quote Originally Posted by daniel7 View Post
    How would you build your two man party???
    Khit and Semy for the win, they'd figure it out.

However in the hands of mere mortals I'd go for a very high ac ranger and an offensive casting cleric (neither wf). I've duoed a ton with my cleric and a friends ranger or rogue and find it very fun and efficient.
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    He said 'at level', no one running that quest has heal at level, though scrolls may be available
    Should have said healing...

Back before the vampire got nerfed to hell and back ...you know back when the quest was fun and challenging on elite and the cap was 10 and no scaling... Some of the best DPS on him were clerics and pallys (lay on hands) and of corse Sorcs.

But the point is that combo I listed is very effective for all but a few quests. And neither of those classes takes a lot of skill or knowledge to play fairly well. And if you set out to 2 man the world I think most understand there is going to be a quest every level or two that might be hard with the 2 you chose to have.
    Last edited by FluffyCalico; 09-30-2009 at 05:31 AM.

My husband & I duo with a WF RGR/ROG and a human wiz. Wiz repairs the WF, ranger heals the human (at level 13/14 we the wiz doesn't have enough HP to need more than the occasional zap with a Cure Serious wand). Works quite well for us (of course we have no interest in trying to run quests on elite at level, so others might need something more "efficient"). These are both 28-point characters, working their way toward 1750 favor. Who knows what we might end up with once we get 32-pointers...maybe a bard/rog and a barbarian.

do you need a melee? they kill so slowly.

my sorc 20 used to team with a cleric 20 friend and we do every mod 9 quests easily. (except the raid, for sure)
    ddoer.com: timer tracker, completions tracker, search engine, puzzle solver, xp table
    My toons on Argo: Salade TR2 Wiz20, Speedo ESoS Fighter, MangoSalade TR2 Wiz18/Mnk2, EvaHealer Clr18/Mnk2

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by soubal View Post
    A light path monk, and another light path monk.
    I've been very shocked at the solo-ability of my light path monk. I figured this character would be a fun throw-away guy to play around with for a bit but in a limited resource game the ability of monks to create spell effects on an unlimited basis during combat is huge.

I would probably have one of the monks pure with an investment in intimidate and the other partially rogue (for the traps/locks) with an investment in diplomacy. The pure could use Tortoise/Earth Stance while the rogue could do Crane/Wind Stance.

I'd probably go with a Cleric/Rogue and a pure Monk though. After seeing a monk keep himself upright through an all-trash encounter that was over his intended level I'm sold on how monks handle trash. On boss fights/lots of trash though you might need more healing than you can get from your light-based attacks. Tossing in the cleric (who takes rogue since clerics don't lose much for a couple rogue levels) lets you bring out the big heals when needed and with your healing amps makes it easier for the cleric to keep you alive.

A human monk named H can solo pretty much everything in Amrath. Granted H is a good player with good gear it has really helped me realized that two human monks (pure or multiclass) can handle most quests by themselves.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

Community Member

Not sure how many lvls we have to work with but I saw a lvl20 build mentioned so that is what I will work with.

Warforged, lvl2 rogue/ 18 wiz

Dwarven cleric 20 with DV's available.

The wiz can cast all the important spells such as fire wall and enough versatility that when he comes to a shrine he can switch up if needed to. Also he can heal himself.

Dwarven cleric because dwarves get extra SP enhancement line has healing and with DV's can give the wizard back extra SP for self repairs. Not to mention the cleric can wear full plate and use shields.

Default late to the party

Rather then WF caster and ranger, i would think that a healing/casting favored Soul and a STR based DPS ranger with good weapon sets would be a better match accross the board for everything in the game.

Very similiar logic to the WF caster 7 ranger, but there are lots of mobs in the game that are immune to Firewall, where as Blade barrier hits everything.

As for the traps, most in the game can be bypassed with decent twitch skils. If you wanted to be able to "handle" them you could either mix 2 levels of rogue into the ranger or 2 levels of rogue or monk into the Favored soul.

just my 2 cp....
    ATARI SUCKS!!!!

Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Ranger Tempest 18 / Rog 2 (trap skills)
    Monk 20, path of light

been able to do most non raid and 1(dq) together with this combo.
    Takes a bit longer but we manage to be able to hold our own.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 11yrs and going

With the right gear, any solid dps build of any race and a hireling cleric can solo 95% of everything at level, n-h-e. Best becomes what you have the most fun with.
    Stormreach Requisition Company.
    Misandry, Angus, MccAngus, Egomaniacal, Angrus, MightyAngus, SuperAngus, Brumbo, StubbyAngus, GroovyAngus, Pinheadangus and Moe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12