Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    We both use MediaWiki so the major part should be identical. While there are differences, I don't think it's something you will notice.

In 99.9% of the time, copy/past from one to the other will work with the exception of internal links (which may be different from a wiki to another for obvious reasons).
    ok ... i got all the ones from this one into the wiki, i got all the ones from the wiki into the compendium, but somehow a few from the wiki got left off of this one, so ill have to go back and pick them up later.

i didnt add links to the wiki page. i figure i would leave that to you, or you can link to the compendium or this thread letting people know that links do exist. either way, its all good.

on a different note, i dont think ill continue to update the wiki. for some reason when i log in, the system doesnt allow me to remain logged in when i change pages. the recaptcha thing is a pain in the butt, and it records my ip address because im not logged in. i dont mind so much this ip address being recorded like that, but others that i use i try to keep private. i realize and understand that there are arguments and other reasons why people would think this is trivial, and im fully aware of what an ip discloses and doesnt disclose, but for personal reasons i have made the choice to be protective of that type of information.

thanks for pointing out the information that i used to improve this thread and the compendium, i hope i helped update the wiki sufficiently.
    Last edited by Shal; 09-19-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Wednesday night - MAC Extreme PD
    Get your PD on!

Any update to the wiki is welcomed, period. Thanks.

One quick question, though. Do you have the remember me checked (ie do you get disconnected for inactivity)?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member

Any update to the wiki is welcomed, period. Thanks.

One quick question, though. Do you have the remember me checked (ie do you get disconnected for inactivity)?
    yup ... not really sure whats going on. unless you have to create a new accout seprate from your ddo account.

whatever page im on, and i tried a few, it shows the log in/create account link on the top right

i click to log in, and type my ddo forum username and password, check the remember me box, then submit

it confirms i logged in by showing "my pages, my prefs" ect, but when i navigate to any other page, it acts as though i never logged in at all.

the only thing i can think, is that i need to create a new account, but even that doesnt make since, because it confirms my log in instead of telling me that i used the wrong password or the username doesnt exist ... or anything. is your ddo wiki username and password the same as the ddo forums?
    Get your PD on!

Quote Originally Posted by Shal View Post
    is your ddo wiki username and password the same as the ddo forums?
    DDO Compendium (which is owned by Turbine) or DDOwiki (which is hosted by the players)?

You have to create an account on the wiki.
    it confirms i logged in by showing "my pages, my prefs" ect, but when i navigate to any other page, it acts as though i never logged in at all.
    Weird. I don't experience with that behavior....

Community Member

DDO Compendium (which is owned by Turbine) or DDOwiki (which is hosted by the players)?

You have to create an account on the wiki.
    then thats what i need to do then, is create an account on the wiki. weird that it confirms my log in and gives me options of preferences ...

so then ... it appears that you can link to any wiki page by simply putting two square brackets around the keyword, like [[keyword]]. is that correct?
    Get your PD on!

Community Member

i used the wiki alot when i first started ddo, i must have created an account already with my username and password. regardless, i created anouther, confirmed the email address, and its doing the same thing.
    Get your PD on!

then thats what i need to do then, is create an account on the wiki. weird that it confirms my log in and gives me options of preferences ...
    Weird. Does not do that on my end: "There is no user by the name "EvilSmurf". Check your spelling, or create a new account."
    so then ... it appears that you can link to any wiki page by simply putting two square brackets around the keyword, like [[keyword]]. is that correct?
    Yup. If you want to link to the DPS page, you type [[DPS].

NOTE: Capitalization matters.
    i used the wiki alot when i first started ddo, i must have created an account already with my username and password. regardless, i created anouther, confirmed the email address, and its doing the same thing.
    Can you PM me your username and password? I'll try it on my end. If it bugs out for me too, I'll poke Xevo about this.

Default Nice work Shal

+1 Rep for you

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Some people don't like to play hard. That's why we have 'normal'.

Community Member

NOTE: Capitalization matters.
    man ... thatll probably be the hardest part for me then. lol.

Can you PM me your username and password? I'll try it on my end. If it bugs out for me too, I'll poke Xevo about this.
    hmmm ... lemme try to make anouther one, and ill pm you that info. nothing personal

Quote Originally Posted by Beld View Post
    +1 Rep for you
    thank you very kindly. ill try to help yours out a bit if i can.
    Get your PD on!

hmmm ... lemme try to make anouther one, and ill pm you that info. nothing personal
    No problem.

Community Member

No problem.
    made anouther one, its doing the same thing. i sent you the info. thanks!
    Get your PD on!

Community Member

with the exception of one acronym that contains a variation of a word frowned upon by the ddo forum administration that is found only in the Glossary - DDO wiki, all the pages should be up to date with the same information ...

DDO Acronyms and Slang Terminology - Found in the MAC forums
    DDO Acronyms and Slang Terminology - Found in the DDO forums
    DDO Acronyms & Terminology - Found in the DDO Compendium
    Glossary - Found in the DDO wiki

(edited intro post in this thread)
    Last edited by Shal; 09-19-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Get your PD on!

[CENTER]
    DR - Damage Reduction, usually followed by a forward slash (/) and the type of damage that is being reduced
    you seem to be incorrect regarding your quote of DR, unless turbine has incorrectly attributed it into the game.

When you see DR 10/magic, for example, DR will apply to anything that hits you, unless it is magical, where it will bypass the DR.

i.e. DR - Damage Reduction. Usually formatted in DR N/TYPE where N is the amout of damage absorbed and TYPE is what ignores the damage reduction. Please ntoe a - after the forward slash means nothing will bypass the DR. DR only applies to physical attacks. Spells ignore DR.

You're correct, Sogrin. Shal's definition of DR is incorrect.

Community Member

i didnt see QQ, there needs to be QQ

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sogrin View Post
    you seem to be incorrect regarding your quote of DR, unless turbine has incorrectly attributed it into the game.

When you see DR 10/magic, for example, DR will apply to anything that hits you, unless it is magical, where it will bypass the DR.

i.e. DR - Damage Reduction. Usually formatted in DR N/TYPE where N is the amout of damage absorbed and TYPE is what ignores the damage reduction. Please ntoe a - after the forward slash means nothing will bypass the DR. DR only applies to physical attacks. Spells ignore DR.
    You're correct, Sogrin. Shal's definition of DR is incorrect.
    fixed ... thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ancienthonor View Post
    what is that?
    Get your PD on!

Community Member

I noticed you have POP or PoP, which used to stand for "Pearl of Power" back with I used to play. (ie. I just pulled a PoP 10)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post
    I noticed you have POP or PoP, which used to stand for "Pearl of Power" back with I used to play. (ie. I just pulled a PoP 10)
    probably not a very common acronym, but ill put it in a bit later anyway.
    Get your PD on!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post
    Personally, I have seen POPX been used but never anything other than POPX.

@Shall, it used to be very common when a POPX was the most awesome trinket you could find. Obviously, now, there are much better things to go in that slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthonor View Post
    Agreed. It's pretty common on most forums (DDO being more of an exception). It's still worth putting up there.

QQ: Emoticon for crying eyes. Often used as a noun or verb to mean whine/whining.
    (If someone can pull off a better definition, please share.)

Community Member

Personally, I have seen POPX been used but never anything other than POPX.

@Shall, it used to be very common when a POPX was the most awesome trinket you could find. Obviously, now, there are much better things to go in that slots.

Agreed. It's pretty common on most forums (DDO being more of an exception). It's still worth putting up there.

QQ: Emoticon for crying eyes. Often used as a noun or verb to mean whine/whining.
    (If someone can pull off a better definition, please share.)
    got 'em
    Get your PD on!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast