Thread: Voice Chat

Default Voice Chat

I am sorry if this is somewhere else, I did a quick search and did not find it.

I was helping out someone new to game today and it took me like 30 min to walk them thru turning on their voice chat. It is my opinion that voice chat is one of the best parts of this game so why not have it default to on when you create a new character? I think this would help the new players a lot and save the vets some hair, keeping us from pulling it out while trying to help get a players voice chat set.

What do you all think?

30mins is abit much
    options>audio>use voice chat

isnt even a whole line in caht^^

but with ddo:u, voice will be on by default
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

I thought so as well. I was going crazy trying to walk this guy thru it . If EU will have it on as default then cool problem solved

I think this is a good idea.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Community Member

Whats necessary after turning it on in options to actually chat with fellow party members then?

And will the folks without microphones still hear voice over the other various music/sounds/etc?

You cannot hear other's chat if you don't have Voice Chat enabled. No mic is required.

~Anaelsbet~; ~Elsbet~; ~Lilabet~; ~Islabet~; ~Phaeddre~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoc View Post
    I am sorry if this is somewhere else, I did a quick search and did not find it.

I was helping out someone new to game today and it took me like 30 min to walk them thru turning on their voice chat. It is my opinion that voice chat is one of the best parts of this game so why not have it default to on when you create a new character? I think this would help the new players a lot and save the vets some hair, keeping us from pulling it out while trying to help get a players voice chat set.

What do you all think?
    I wish u had walked me trhough it. I have it enabled in my audio options but i still cant hear mics

The devs changed it so that voice chat is enabled by default. If you can't hear it with it enabled, you probably need to try reinstalling your sound card drivers.

Voice chat is great. Hearing people talk, laugh and scream (out of shock) from traps is great. DDO is one of the good MMO's with minimal lag (at least less than other MMO's) and also offer a voice chat option.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

Community Member

All the incoming voice volumes are maxed. I even turned sown all my other sounds to turn my speakers up and I still can't hear come people. its so frigging soft. Is there something else I can do to up their volume on my side?

Community Member

Default you necro'd so

In my experience some folks have their gain down and thus it cuts off, some folks just never are able to be heard, and some use the infamous VOX and you get to here them breath but their voice is garbled.
    Nothing I have found on my end allows the balance to fix this as it is really up to the equip on the other end.
    I have occasionally walked another through adjusting, really just randomly changing things until it was better, but mostly just live with it.
    I would love for the game to have a "what I sound like" test. This would allow people to adjust according to their system. But in reality the Devs can't plan for the limitless options of possible mic and sound chip combos.

For some reason, i often have problems with my mic and headset, go into options and go to audio, make sure your headphones are selected, you can also adjust music, and game fx or the slider bars there
    "it is better to let others think you a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark twain