Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tomb of the Shadow Guard Map - warning spoiler

This is ugly but this is by request and I haven't time to clean it up. Perhaps later. Hope it helps.

Edit - NEGATIVE REP??

At least I took time to explore this and make the map. I originally posted it for a friend who requested help. Then I made it available to the community.

You gave me negative rep because you can't figure out the quest, even with my help? Do the work yourself then. Sorry I ever posted it.
    Last edited by Djeserit; 06-24-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Uhh, does anyone have a better map of this? Those red lines intersect so much I can't tell which way to go at all.
    Last edited by Irinis; 12-08-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Its not much better, but I took what the OP did and made it a little more clear for you

(All credit goes to the OP for the path, though.)
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Community Member

Default inportant peice of information.

when you are at the coin in the where you can go left or right... go left for spiders go right to move to next part of quest and you want to go up at the frist set of musrooms not down.

Thanks for taking the time to make this map! It was very helpful. If I had not found this map, I would have pulled all my hair out! Thanks again for the good work.

Community Member

Default thx

Thank you. This helped a lot!

this was a serious help.

+1 to ya

Quote Originally Posted by Djeserit View Post
    Edit - NEGATIVE REP??

At least I took time to explore this and make the map. I originally posted it for a friend who requested help. Then I made it available to the community.

You gave me negative rep because you can't figure out the quest, even with my help? Do the work yourself then. Sorry I ever posted it.
    +1 because you deserve it for helping out the community, and to make up for the unwarranted neg.

Morgulion • Romenion • Valmyrion • Vanielle • Zandrine • Zeldaryne • Zinnuviel

Community Member

could you make it a bit larger beacuse it would be clearer?

Default thank you!

Please ignore the whiners in this thread, this map is a simple no brainer for anybody that has the ability to open their big map and compare where they are now, to where your map says to go, I did this quest for the first time ever today, and found your map to be the perfect size, and I also have enough common sense to know that when lines intersect, there is a reason for it.

To all you other players that are incapable of thinking for yourself, just go DO the quest, and every once in awhile, open your big map and compare where you are to where this map says to go as you are playing (Playing in windowed mode will help make quick referencing back and forth easier).

Thank you so much for this very well done map. Seriously, it was a no brainer at ALL once I got into the water.

+1 rep, and wish I could +1 it again!
    Last edited by puget; 06-27-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: just want to add: i played this solo as well.

Community Member

Very helpful. Just ran first time solo...map made it very easy.
    +1

Community Member

+1 quite helpful

+1 a bit unclear to a point like you say but taking my time I got through my favour run very quickly, thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Granada View Post
    when you are at the coin in the where you can go left or right... go left for spiders go right to move to next part of quest and you want to go up at the frist set of musrooms not down.
    Not sure which way is right or left - I tend to get turned around a lot.

Since the coin which you refer to is placed at an angle, I just remember to "slide down" to finish the quest, or "climb up" if I want to waste time getting worthless loot and a pittance of XP
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

I don't know what anybody would complain about, this map was spot on and saved me hours and hours of torment. great work.

Thumbs up Saved my Sanity

I was going back and forward, just couldn't find way past coin thing. All done now

This quest is so strange for me. Any time I do it solo, I'm through it with no trouble at all (my current record is 17 minutes). Any time I try to take people through it, whether new players or experienced, I always get lost, or lose someone.

Anyway.

+1 for helping people out.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Uhh, does anyone have a better map of this? Those red lines intersect so much I can't tell which way to go at all.
    Its a simple straight line quest with one side-passage to an optional. This split happens when you jump down to the water and see one of the big crests at the surface of the water. Right goes to end, left goes to invisible stalker optional (or w/e the optional is, I forget).

As long as you don't get turned around, and follow this one hint, you'll do fine. An easy hint to not get turned around is you have someone follow behind about 30seconds back. If you cross paths, you got turned around.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

thanks

Smile

Thanks.

I tried this last night with mates (on guest passes) and we all drowned, A LOT!

Wish I had found this at the time, just followed it through with my finger and it makes so much more sense! Think I might try and solo it today and get it done lol.

So many more thanks again, it's so great of you to share your hard work and make life more fun for others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast