Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

you can always pp

If there is more than one instance for that tavern, switch to another instance. Someone will come out and kill you. If the caster follows, someone will come out and kill him. But definitely, that is a reportable offense.

Here is what i recommend. Make a toon with a badass fort save. Develope some dodging skillz. Get close. AND TRIP THAT MOTHER****ER!!!

My only problem spell is irresistably dancing. That **** is so ****in cheap.
    (\_/) Guardian of Golden Gold
    ~,.,~ Vaapad, Deathwaltz, Fushia, FiveGallonSnapback

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    you can't /death in pvp.
    That is the real problem, and something the devs should be humiliated to have left in place for so long.

Getting out of "worse than death" situations is what a /death command is for. Harassment in consensual pvp rooms should be impossible, as everything someone could do equates to "you died, walk out and rez".

Quote Originally Posted by slumbering_dragon View Post
    i was in pvp having fun with others whem this sorc showed up. sure np one more guy to play with until he had me and another guy stoned, feebleminded, neg leveled by 10, blinded curesd crushing dispair. we were stuck like this for over 30mins and any one who tried to help us get out cuz we couldnt log out, /death or anything to help our selves, was killed before they could help us. this is not right , flesh to stone or any spells that prevents u from getting out of pvp when u are beaten should not be allowed. i know pvp is for fun and is ment to kill the other guy to "own" them so to speak but this guy showed bad character and exploited it to the exstream.
    this shouldnt be a bad thing to pvp but when u have guys that act like this, well **** man it ruined my game play and others as well, we had to call in friends to come in and kill him and kill us. so this and a few other spells needs to be relooked at for pvp.
    hehe. hehehehe. HAHAHAHA!

create lfm
    someone is harrassing people in "x" pvp pit, need help
    you know there are people out there who either want to help you or want to show them a lesson.
    Wonder how he would fair against my 500+hp 35+ saves Forged sorc throwing polar rays and disintegrates at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    create lfm
    you know there are people out there who either want to help you or want to show them a lesson.
    Wonder how he would fair against my 500+hp 35+ saves Forged sorc throwing polar rays and disintegrates at him.

How do you get a WF sorc reflex saves to 35+ you must be talking about will or maybe fort.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    create lfm
    but don't polar ray/disintegrate him, please FtS him.
    ddoer.com: timer tracker, completions tracker, search engine, puzzle solver, xp table
    My toons on Argo: Salade TR2 Wiz20, Speedo ESoS Fighter, MangoSalade TR2 Wiz18/Mnk2, EvaHealer Clr18/Mnk2

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    How do you get a WF sorc reflex saves to 35+ you must be talking about will or maybe fort.
    16sorc/2pal/2monk
    Not easy to take down by any means
    saves: 44fort/36reflex/35will
    5/10/10sorc, 3/0/0pa, 3/3/3monk, 5/5/5resist, 4/5/5gh+haste+rage, 10/-1/-2stats, 1/1/1alchemical, 1/1/1aura, 12/12/12divinegrace

BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Seems really weird to me that anyone would go in to PvP and whine about the results.

IMO - you have a choice to go in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Or immobilize them, taunt them, then kill them. But I'd not taunt for longer than 20 seconds.
    My sentiment exactly.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Atenhotep View Post
    Seems really weird to me that anyone would go in to PvP and whine about the results.

Ya there is a choice. But why should my choice be decided by someone else who has a chunk on there shoulder? You own someone in pvp and do it again and again, some might say it's abuse <.<. Maybe 2 people want to jump in the pit and see who can kick who's ass. They cant accomplish this goal with some overpowered arcane fts'ing their 12 fortsave because they are only lvl 6.
    Yes you have the choice to get bullied, or not get bullied. My argument is, if someone wants to pvp and does not jump down into the brawling area is still getting bullied. By some sinister mind somewhere.

Im not proposing bullies get banned, im suggesting nerfing some of the exploits that arcane in pvp take advantage of such as
    *Casters not being able to jump and cast in pvp. Vrs a mob it doesn't matter they don't lag, but pvp im sorry lag gets taken advantage of.

*Savable spells only, unless melee can get something a squishy can't save against... that can be spammed like a squishy can.

*If someone hits a lobie (someone 8 or lower lvls than them) the victim gets a pvp alert gaining mas HP, SP, Regen, Hamstring atks, and a bunch of other stuff to lvl the lobie to the playingfield of a bully. Personal i think people would start liking to get picked on in pvp . And it would actually be fun to **** a lob off, being they could fight back.

My suggestion...

1. add them to friends list

2. anytime you see them in the pit, go there

3. make a note of where they are, switch instance, run to that spot

4. switch back to their instance, trip/kill

paybacks are hell

Quote Originally Posted by assamite View Post
    Ya there is a choice. But why should my choice be decided by someone else who has a chunk on there shoulder? You own someone in pvp and do it again and again, some might say it's abuse <.<. Maybe 2 people want to jump in the pit and see who can kick who's ass. They cant accomplish this goal with some overpowered arcane fts'ing their 12 fortsave because they are only lvl 6.
    Yes you have the choice to get bullied, or not get bullied. My argument is, if someone wants to pvp and does not jump down into the brawling area is still getting bullied. By some sinister mind somewhere.
    I believe that the PvP area should have instances, just like quests. There should be a "Public Instance" where anyone can go in, and grouping instances.

Then you don't have to worry about strangers out leveling you and beating you up.

Then, you can test your skills with the mob or just with friends.

Then, why not work on your build to not be susceptible to whatever it is that's troubling you.

As it is (and this is the reason I dont even bother with pvp) the number of spells already not allowed in PvP is so high they are already neutering casters.

Anyway, I think I hear where you're coming from. I just avoid PvP because it doesn't interest me. I've been playing D&D since 1980 and the game was never designed for it.

Id be more concerned by a caster who couldnt kick your tooshie because arcane casters are meant to be the most powerful class in the game (Gary Gygax said so himself).

See and with that I agree 100%

BUT

melee & ranged toons go in there to FIGHT not get held / FTS'd / etc

Casters ... get your own room !!

Quote Originally Posted by assamite View Post
    <.<. Maybe 2 people want to jump in the pit and see who can kick who's ass. They cant accomplish this goal with some overpowered arcane fts'ing their 12 fortsave because they are only lvl 6.
    LOL I know whom your talking about !!

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    6 - Last BUT most important ! Remember that even if this toon is harrasing you .... Cussing at him WILL get you banned faster than harrasment will get him banned !!

7 - DONT TYPE CUSSES IN GENERAL CHAT !!!
    If you are involved in a harrasment case at all you should not cuss at the other player. The GM's can likely see any of your chat windows and will likely look at them during the investigation.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Then, why not work on your build to not be susceptible to whatever it is that's troubling you.
    Every one of your comments / suggestions were awesome EXCEPT for the one noted above.

I am not gonna boost any stats n feats to help a save vs FTS.

Honeslty there is really not much you can do .vs FTS.

Eventually even a 20th lvl Pally will fail that save !

Best bet is to make a toon thats great in PvE .... and anything else that you can pick up along the way for PvP is just a bonus !!

This is a breakdown of Cassiee vs FTS

Cassiee vs. Ganking Caster = Cassiee Statue !!

Cassiee vs. Caster who knows I am coming for him = Cassiee Statue !!

Cassiee vs. Caster who says 1-2-3 FIGHT = Cassiee Statue !!

Cassiee vs. Caster who just had my Lighting Stike Bow go off = BBQ'd Caster

Cassiee who logs off and Grabs an alt archer that Caster doenst recognize then proceeds to gank caster with many shot = 75% of the time win for archer BUT now this archer will get ganked as well in PvP !!

Basically what I have learned to accept over the last month or so is that I am probably not gonna survive these attacks and I should probably expect them to happen if I am just hanging arounf on the "kill floor".

It used to annoy the heck outta me .... BUT getting held, danced, FTS'd etc IS gonna happen. Not much can change how people play their toon. Nor would I honeslty expect them to change !!

AND me tellling them to STOP doing it is and the casters listening would be like them telling me to stop using Many Shot.

Sure I hear what you are saying BUT there is NO WAY thats gonna happen

Basically the BEST thing I have found to prevent the Casters from going crazy !!

Get them into a PvP party with your group ..... get to know them !

Its MUCH harder to be a jerk when you are actually talking to someone on the receiving end of spells or arrows. This goes for me as well ..... I can be a jerk sometimes !!

Oh well ...... I am moving this weekend so I hope to be back online Sun afternoon / night !!

Play safe !!
    Last edited by 96th_Malice; 10-30-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast