Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A real No-$h** Story!!

True Story...

was running my pali this weekend to get his 20th reaver. Np, easy right?

Attempt 1: group picks elite, Eles pop right away, our 2 arcanes decide to not throw a single spell. our main tank dies, secondary tanks - right up the middle, Both clerics die, game over. people start dropping...lol kk pug group, guess it is to be expected.

Attempt 2: Nice enough group, PL is a little talkative, no one is responding, so he asks if anyone has a puzzle solver up or should he pull up his own. I feel a little bad that no one is responding to like his 3rd question so i kindly chime in "I do not have a solver up bro". We go in on elite and take the giant down with just a little difficulty but we get him. get to the puzzle and the PL says hey kindread you can start the puzzle now! EEEEEKKKKK! i was like dude i said i do not have a solver up!.. Awwwkward!!!! so We get a solver up and get to the last skull for the solving attempt and DING! everyone dies!!! Doh! Stupid Pali!!!!!

Attempt 3: Again, Nice enough group, Young dude has a 12th level tank he wants to run through reaver. he says he has several other capped toons so I'm like "Sure dude!" we fill and he goes in on elite, asks if he can Tank and dies like 2 minutes into it. then for some reason both arcanes Die at the same freakin time, no reason why. The eles pop but CC does not slow them much and fire seems to have little effect. cleric drops, then posts combat log showing that he was killed by the reaver from a Disintegrate spell? ***? Reaver casts Disentigrate? few more spectators die off, no big deal they werent even watching the popcorn i started cooking (it burned btw). Next thing you know "WHAT GOES UP!" everyone remaining alive hits the ceiling one or two die only about 5 left, what the hell right? any Ub3r can solo this thing right. only about 2 minutes on the ceiling i realize I am not comming down. Nope dont have fly.. then someone else says "hey, anyone else stuck on the ceiling?" to which everyone chimes "Yup!" lol, 10 minutes later (still on ceiling) and everything we can think of results in a "screw this the dam quest is bugged!" Everyone drops!

Attempt 4: Here comes LEGION!!!! Yay!!! surely gonna complete this one!!!!! SO i make my ussual Legion jokes about chuck Norris Vs. Legion and telling everyone that if we fail it will automatically be Legions fault. boy we go in on elite. Fire walls everywhere. PL mentions firewalls are stealling aggro, arcane says nope they are in the correct places... Bam!, sweet, Reaver eventually falls. everyone heads toward puzzle not one mention about the puzzle the entire quest and legion-boi to remain anonymous b/c I generally like the crew, start spinning skulls at a somewhat blistering pace, only problem is, he goes on.....and on.....and on........ then say's oh **** i may be a little more drunk that i thought, someone esle is gonna have to do this.... OOOHHHH Great ( since i am useless in most quests anyway, the light at the end of this tunnel rapidly fades to black (Metallica song intro and all).... another Legion guy runs in after the seeming 3 minute awkward silence and starts to solve... PL says "we are running out of time". To Which, legion-Boi #2 responds Calmly, (in Cheesy DDO DM VOICE)"We have plenty of ti-" DING!! everyone dead!!! PL Says "told Ya!"
    Legion says," well gotta go do a guild run see ya!!"
    Good thing I drink Like a fish otherwise i would have not thought that to be too funny! But I do and it was!! ROFL

Attempt 5: pulled a F***ing ring of lies on my 20th drop! Can I even use it? I mean I didnt even get a head of good fortune for crying out loud!!!!!!

Dam You TURBINE!!!!!!!!!!
    Next time you get a lecture, just remember the national average salary of any forum admin is comparable to that of your local McDonald's assistant manger........ stating facts must suck.....

only thing i can reply here.: if you still need a solver to solve the reaver puzzle, reroll
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    only thing i can reply here.: if you still need a solver to solve the reaver puzzle, reroll
    /roll d100..........

can one re-roll basic stupidity..b/c I have tried....still stupid
    Next time you get a lecture, just remember the national average salary of any forum admin is comparable to that of your local McDonald's assistant manger........ stating facts must suck.....

Bro, don't you know about the super-secret 20th-Interval-Raid Detector that Turbine installed? It knows when someone is on a 20 completion and totally screws you up! But the upside is you get great stories to tell!

Legion failed. *chuckles*

But as for the disentegrate, yeap. He throws it. Quite often actually. Typically the tank is the target though.

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    How will rerolling help a player solve the puzzle? You saying he needs to build a character with a 20 Intelligence or something??

Heh, and Legion failed a Reaver...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    How will rerolling help a player solve the puzzle? You saying he needs to build a character with a 20 Intelligence or something??

hey, i never said in game
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

cool story bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Community Member slumbering_dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bartcom2000 View Post
    True Story...

Attempt 3: Again, Nice enough group, Young dude has a 12th level tank he wants to run through reaver. he says he has several other capped toons so I'm like "Sure dude!" we fill and he goes in on elite, asks if he can Tank and dies like 2 minutes into it. then for some reason both arcanes Die at the same freakin time, no reason why. The eles pop but CC does not slow them much and fire seems to have little effect. cleric drops, then posts combat log showing that he was killed by the reaver from a Disintegrate spell? ***? Reaver casts Disentigrate? few more spectators die off, no big deal they werent even watching the popcorn i started cooking (it burned btw). Next thing you know "WHAT GOES UP!" everyone remaining alive hits the ceiling one or two die only about 5 left, what the hell right? any Ub3r can solo this thing right. only about 2 minutes on the ceiling i realize I am not comming down. Nope dont have fly.. then someone else says "hey, anyone else stuck on the ceiling?" to which everyone chimes "Yup!" lol, 10 minutes later (still on ceiling) and everything we can think of results in a "screw this the dam quest is bugged!" Everyone drops!
    um yeah that was my group, we got it after that. should have stuck around. yeah my lvl 12ranger with **** for gear got creamed cuz we had no healing. even tho we couldnt finish anyways, **** raver bugged us in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by slumbering_dragon View Post
    um yeah that was my group, we got it after that. should have stuck around. yeah my lvl 12ranger with **** for gear got creamed cuz we had no healing. even tho we couldnt finish anyways, **** raver bugged us in the air.

yeah... had to take a break for a while.. that was a hilarious run.......

well, cleric died because he wasnt behind the tank...also, 1 failed disintegrate shouldnt kill anyone at lvl 16

secondly tanks job is to keep giant away from fw's, which means dropping on top of him if need be

third, your mom failed the reaver puzzle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    well, cleric died because he wasnt behind the tank...also, 1 failed disintegrate shouldnt kill anyone at lvl 16

secondly tanks job is to keep giant away from fw's, which means dropping on top of him if need be

third, your mom failed the reaver puzzle

Thanks for the play by play, any thoughts on Michael jackson since you are in fairy land?

aaaannnnndd!! My mom did too fail the reaver puzzle....so there!!!

Seriously though, it detects your 20th runs like nothing else. I never fail a Reaver that isn't someone's 20th, it sucks. Once we failed with three pugs before we 8 manned it on elite with a bunch of roleplaying guildies. That was too funny.
    Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night (Thelanis)
    Praut Ektor

Attempt 4: blah, blah, blah.....telling everyone that if we fail it will automatically be Legions fault.
    +1 for killing a kitty.
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

Next thing you know "WHAT GOES UP!" everyone remaining alive hits the ceiling one or two die only about 5 left, what the hell right? any Ub3r can solo this thing right. only about 2 minutes on the ceiling i realize I am not comming down. Nope dont have fly.. then someone else says "hey, anyone else stuck on the ceiling?" to which everyone chimes "Yup!" lol, 10 minutes later (still on ceiling) and everything we can think of results in a "screw this the dam quest is bugged!" Everyone drops!
    Did someone have an ooze guard go off or something? Had this happen once and there was an ooze on the floor and the StormReaver just stood there. After about 5 minutes some of us started to range him and then he reverse gravitied again and we fell back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Praut_Ektor View Post
    Seriously though, it detects your 20th runs like nothing else. I never fail a Reaver that isn't someone's 20th, it sucks. Once we failed with three pugs before we 8 manned it on elite with a bunch of roleplaying guildies. That was too funny.
    What about 80th runs?
    Apart from a caster meeting spikes when I was on my cleric, both my wizzy and cleric only had to run it once. No tomes to speak of though...

I am fast approaching 20 on another character, so I shall see if this comes true.

As for the solver...practice practice pratice. And for an even greater challenge include some booze or illicit narcotics
    Officer of The Band of the Shifting Sands
    Bluntzen Herk Kalashtar Jamira Kaminagi Linwei Minimurg Murgatroyd Sesshomaru
    He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future. --George Orwell