Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ground,..... Holy Smokes!

OK had a Ground buddy invite me to hunt runes w/ him in the refuge lastnight.... "sure" I said

"Would Love to...omw!" after doing one quest we get an itch to do SoS but most of us need to re-gem-up, so I was thinking "naw gonna take to long" they were like No problem lets hit it.....DUDE... THEY FREAKIN BLEW THROUGH ALL those quests in like 15 minutes.....****!! No deaths barely any damage. SoS was much the same.... got my 50 runes in almost no time flat... They wouldnt even take the cleric donation I offered. I felt like a fat kid on a short bus trying to chase the track team......... the only thing that allowed me to retain some shred of manhood is that I did not die (ok once...ish), Didnt get lost (ok. twice), or have to be piked (much)...lol. (Everything in Parenthesis will not go in my memoirs!)

My Point: For a relativly "under the radar" guild, I was truly impressed..... These guys got it going on! These guys could charge atleast 20 - 23.5 Major Mana pots for the pleasure of their company for one day.... ...Thanks for run guys! I will always cherish the blurry memories!!

P.S. - I applied for Ground cheerleader this morning. I already ordered the skirt....

P.S.S. - got enough runes to take Gorloch up on her advice on having 2 sets of DT armor AND enough runes to go from +1 Dex/+3 Dex skills/Destruction To +6 wisdom/Greater Fire Resistance/Destruction. not great but better, imo
    Last edited by bartcom2000; 07-02-2009 at 09:18 AM.
    Next time you get a lecture, just remember the national average salary of any forum admin is comparable to that of your local McDonald's assistant manger........ stating facts must suck.....

You always want to have a second set of DT armor it the works, to work on the "ultimate" set. One set with Good stuff, another with working on the Best for you Stuff, or even options to mix and match with other gear for example. Working on only one set is a recipe for ultimate frustration.

Many guilds can accomplish good things when running with each other. They tend to bring characters who compliment each other nicely, almost without trying. Synergy can be VERY powerful.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    You always want to have a second set of DT armor it the works, to work on the "ultimate" set. One set with Good stuff, another with working on the Best for you Stuff, or even options to mix and match with other gear for example. Working on only one set is a recipe for ultimate frustration.

Many guilds can accomplish good things when running with each other. They tend to bring characters who compliment each other nicely, almost without trying. Synergy can be VERY powerful.
    about the armor.. Gorloch turned that light switch onfor me. that is what I am doing now.

Synergy - yeah they had that. reminds me of my army days, people play around but they know their job and do it unselfishly... thats how to play.....
    Next time you get a lecture, just remember the national average salary of any forum admin is comparable to that of your local McDonald's assistant manger........ stating facts must suck.....

Yeah - they came over to Thelanis from the EU servers a couple of months back. And are a collective bunch of badasses. Except Pete - he's home grown.

(I left that ambiguous on purpose Pete :P)

Great bunch to run with. I'd name names, but there are a lot of good players on this server (although I haven't seen a good number of them in 3-4 months ). It would take a long time to make a "love fest" list, and invariably someone's always left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraak View Post
    Yeah - they came over to Thelanis from the EU servers a couple of months back. And are a collective bunch of badasses. Except Pete - he's home grown.

(I left that ambiguous on purpose Pete :P)

Great bunch to run with. I'd name names, but there are a lot of good players on this server (although I haven't seen a good number of them in 3-4 months ). It would take a long time to make a "love fest" list, and invariably someone's always left off.

yeah like I said, they were pretty much on it. I only wish I cold have brought more DPS to the party, we would have had better/quicker outcomes. But I am almost ready to craft my T3 Min II on my Pali, maybe then I will stop being a pile-on... maybe then.../dreams.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartcom2000 View Post
    OK had a Ground buddy invite me to hunt runes w/ him in the refuge lastnight.... "sure" I said

"Would Love to...omw!" after doing one quest we get an itch to do SoS but most of us need to re-gem-up, so I was thinking "naw gonna take to long" they were like No problem lets hit it.....DUDE... THEY FREAKIN BLEW THROUGH ALL those quests in like 15 minutes.....****!! No deaths barely any damage. SoS was much the same.... got my 50 runes in almost no time flat... They wouldnt even take the cleric donation I offered. I felt like a fat kid on a short bus trying to chase the track team......... the only thing that allowed me to retain some shred of manhood is that I did not die (ok once...ish), Didnt get lost (ok. twice), or have to be piked (much)...lol. (Everything in Parenthesis will not go in my memoirs!)

My Point: For a relativly "under the radar" guild, I was truly impressed..... These guys got it going on! These guys could charge atleast 20 - 23.5 Major Mana pots for the pleasure of their company for one day.... ...Thanks for run guys! I will always cherish the blurry memories!!

P.S. - I applied for Ground cheerleader this morning. I already ordered the skirt....

P.S.S. - got enough runes to take Gorloch up on her advice on having 2 sets of DT armor AND enough runes to go from +1 Dex/+3 Dex skills/Destruction To +6 wisdom/Greater Fire Resistance/Destruction. not great but better, imo
    Were you trying to stir **** up again with the major pot comment? You're such a trouble maker lol. Those quests out there are cake walk with the right group .

I will agree with you about Ground being a solid guild..I think most of us know that .

Quote Originally Posted by Caine52184 View Post
    Were you trying to stir **** up again with the major pot comment? You're such a trouble maker lol. Those quests out there are cake walk with the right group .

I will agree with you about Ground being a solid guild..I think most of us know that .

Maaaaan...... Do you even have to ask this? You know this.......

"..I think most of us know that ;"

You mean This isnt totally world/forum breaking news? mannnn,..... i suck...../hands in face

Do I still get to keep the skirt?....please?

Community Member

who are these noobs you speak so highly off?

Default Cancel your order!

I think I can speak for the rest of the guys when I say: The last thing that any of us want to see, after you showed us all the "Hairy Chest" pic in another thread, is you in a skirt
    Sistasole~Medie~Valintino~ Solobot~Pashadenali ~
    Polyxa~Khyber

Ground rocks - end of story.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Nah, they're just gimpy first timers with 1 too many martians in it.
    Isc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vivanto View Post
    Nah, they're just gimpy first timers with 1 too many martians in it.
    Who, you? :P
    Ayspam, Aycare, Ayslave

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

my web must be broken Memnir... the picture isn't loading.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Thumbs up

There ya go, my friend,
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by soloman View Post
    I think I can speak for the rest of the guys when I say: The last thing that any of us want to see, after you showed us all the "Hairy Chest" pic in another thread, is you in a skirt

@ Soloman - Dude, I'm telling you... I have another primo specimen on tap, just waiting for a certain group to throw down the gauntlet...... funny as all hell........ just wait!! ....has to be a 2 pointer, has to be......

@ Memnir... I see you turned your "I'm Better than You" Meter back on. sweet.....

@ Pete - I suck at names, so the noobs I speak of may forever reamin a mystery. the cleric i think was named Semien?(maybe not?) When I say it was a blur, i really only had time to monitor health bars, mobs, and completion objectives. tunnel vision at its best. the super-sorc was Valintino but he is a tool just ask Soloman....

They were courteous though, although they were blistering fast, they always made sure everyone was accounted for at the right points in the quest, no one left behind. Strong tactic that is often forgotten by some of the other ub3rs.

I say Legion and Ground should marry.. it would kinda be like Michael and Lisa-Marie all over again...........

Sem is an awesome player as well as everyone else in Ground. It is always a pleasure to have any one of these members in a party, let alone to be the pug in one. And Batcom, please call me Pixa. Long story short I would much rather not be called gorloch.

PIXA
    Xoriat Born
    DWAT
    Pixa 20 rogue, Healza 20 Cleric, Biteza 20 tempest ranger, Casstza 12 sorc, Singza 20 bard, Kickza 13 barb, Nodda 8 fvs

Quote Originally Posted by gorloch View Post
    ........And Batcom, please call me Pixa. Long story short I would much rather not be called gorloch.

PIXA

Sorry Pixa, I hate my forum name too, Kindread would be much better, but alas... i am to lazy to ask Tolero to change it.

PS - Xoriat was aborted!!! All Hail Thelanis!!!!!

Community Member

@ Pete - I suck at names, so the noobs I speak of may forever reamin a mystery. the cleric i think was named Semien?(maybe not?) When I say it was a blur, i really only had time to monitor health bars, mobs, and completion objectives. tunnel vision at its best. the super-sorc was Valintino but he is a tool just ask Soloman....
    Semea, our almighty leader, to whom we all bow our heads to and praise his coming online, with a 1 minute silence :P

Long live THE SEM
    Last edited by Ayspy; 07-02-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Ayspam, Aycare, Ayslave

Quote Originally Posted by Ayspy View Post
    Semea, our almighty leader, to whom we all bow our heads to and praise his coming online, with a 1 minute silence :P

Long live THE SEM
    Is the moment of silence strangely equal to the amount of time the logout bar takes to fill?
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

Yep.

There is a marked difference between ordinary zergers and good efficent players that can get the whole group through at the same pace.

Know it. Respect it. Learn from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast