Default New(ish) Player LFGuild

So,

I played DDO during the beta, but it didn't impact me enough to get a purchase and subscription at the time. I read about the upcoming DDO Unlimited a few days ago and gave the trial another go. I've since purchased the game and set up a subscription, and so I figured it's as good a time as any to seek a guild. So the question is... which guild?

I guess the best way to figure that out is to see who's interested heh. I'm looking for a guild where I can learn DDO. This means I'm going to have questions (probably lots of them). I'll do my best to learn fast and not be too much of a pain, but I tend to be a min/maxer at heart, and I like to make sure my time is well invested. I'm also going to want to raid when I hit higher levels. I like to push myself and do harder things, and raiding definately fits that bill. I'm fairly comfortable with any role that would be asked of me. Since I'm just starting, now's the time to tell me what you need and I can jump into it. I've played tanks, healers, dps, pullers, you name it.

Now a little bit about me and why you might want such a nub in your guild:
    • I've been playing MMO's for 10+ years, starting with Ultima Online and including the following: (Those with a * indicate I played seriously, generally to the level cap and including end game raiding or the equivalent)
      • Ultima Online
      • Asheron's Call*
      • EverQuest*
      • EverQuest 2
      • Asheron's Call 2
      • Dark age of Camelot
      • Age of Conan
      • Vanguard
      • Tabula Rasa
      • World of Warcraft*
    • I learn quickly and have experience playing a variety of roles
    • I'm extremely loyal. Once I choose a guild to join, I rarely if ever leave. I've been in a small handful of guilds in all my years playing these games.
    • I'm conentrated awesomesauce™

In all seriousness though... I'm just looking for a great guild of mature, friendly adults. I'm 28 years old, married, and getting ready to go back to school to finish my degree and then get a master's degree. My wife and I play World of Warcraft together so I'm not going to be an every single night for 8 hours kind of player, but I'll be around, dedicated, and willing to learn and play hard. I promise you won't regret it

If you're interested, feel free to reply here, or PM me here. My characters in game if I'm on are:

Kenzoth Deadye (Fighter)
    Virid VonHeffle (Rogue)
    Noavah Nightbane (Cleric)

If you want to look me up on the Wow Armory, my forum name here is my character's name in WoW, and I am the only Ulurjah in all of WoW so I'll be easy to find

Best Regards,
    Ulurjah
    Last edited by Ulurjah; 06-20-2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Boneheaded

Is Thelanis not newbie friendly? I'm only like level 3 at max ... so should I roll a different server?

So a little more about me then. I think I've decided on the cleric for the first main character at this point. I re-rolled her twice as I read and understood more about the game. (A guild would be helpful for that I think heh).

I went with a 16 STR and 18 WIS build. I wanted to be able to actually melee things if I have to solo a significant portion of the game, but I also wanted the max human start WIS. So far on my way to level 3 it's working out pretty good. For my feats I took Extra Turning and Mental Tougness. I took the extra turning so that I can use the enhancement to restore SP to a friendly target. I figure that will help get me group spots even though I'm a nub. The mental toughness seemed like an obvious choice. More SP is better right?

For enhancements so far I'm doing:

Cleric Life Magic
    Cleric Energy of the Zealot
    Cleric Extra Turning (for the above reasons)
    Cleric Divine Vitality (for the above reasons)

So yeah... that's my wee cleric just starting out on the journey. I see many views but no pm's, whispers in game or replies... any guild willing to take on a nub and get him up to speed?

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

Community Member

Hello,

My recomendation would be to roll on the Sarlona server. Seems like it's the only server recruiting at the moment. I've posted on the Khyber myself to look for a guild and have had no replies. It's your choice though

Welcome to Thelanis!! We have many guilds to choose from. I personally am a part of Storm Lords. I believe it's currently the largest guild on the server and is full of mature(ish) adults who like to raid and have a lot of fun. We're not too serious and most of us are willing to help out. Just look up any one of us online and send us a tell. Happy hunting.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Welcome to Thelanis - stay put you will like it here.

There are many many guilds on Thelanis and many are cruising right now waiting for some new content that is coming.

My advice for you is to try out a number of them before getting recruited - there are many good guilds around that you would fit in to nicely. Hit the LFM's up like crazy and pay attention to the guild tags so you can see whom you like.

Good luck - look me up when I come off a game break in about 2 weeks!
    Founder of Mickory ~ Former Officer of ATD
    Thayill * Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Sargavand
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Welcome to Thelanis - stay put you will like it here.

There are many many guilds on Thelanis and many are cruising right now waiting for some new content that is coming.

My advice for you is to try out a number of them before getting recruited - there are many good guilds around that you would fit in to nicely. Hit the LFM's up like crazy and pay attention to the guild tags so you can see whom you like.

Good luck - look me up when I come off a game break in about 2 weeks!
    Hehe, great guild name.

"I'm casting MAGIC MISSILE!"

or my personal favorite "Ogres? Man I got an Ogre slaying knife. It's got a PLUS NINE against Ogres!"

I've hooked up with the Storm Lords. Great bunch and completely overwhelmed with learning the game.

"To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name" - Sleeping in Light

If you want to play with DARPA we are open arms to new people atm.

Click on my link in the sig and hit up the recruitment forum. You do not need an account to post there.

Check out the guild list. tichocan keeps it as up to date as the info he gets. You'll get a better idea of what fits your playstyle better.

If ya see me on, look me up. Alts in sig.