Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Default Did you know?

Did you know there is a marketplace chat channel in game that you can use to trade with other people, sell larges, etc?

Steps to join:

1) Enter; /joinchannel marketplace into your general chat window. You should see a similer thing next;(UserChat2): You joined room 'marketplace' (UserChat2). Number of members: 15.

Then, if you have several windows simply right click each one, a menu will apear, go to incoming then find at the bottem userchats 1,2,3 and 4. Depending on how many(if any) User chat channels you are already in will determine which you must select for incoming.

Finally, to type into the marketplace channel, you just do /2 (Note this is for me, it may be 1,3,4 for you depeding on which channels you are already in.

The Marketplace user channel was created by Hurrrrrrrry (Or how ever many R's he is up to now...)
    Jeets said he wouldn't tell Turbine. ;(

Community Member Fluffy_the_Goth's Avatar

You, sir, are very informative and helpful to the masses. Please keep up the good work as this was a very well thought out and articulated post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy the Goth View Post
    You, sir, are very informative and helpful to the masses. Please keep up the good work as this was a very well thought out and articulated post.
    I love your sarcasm...

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably View Post
    I love your sarcasm...
    sheeeeesh.... everybody is a critic
    Alexandria: ~TR~ Barb, cap. Elzibith: Barb, lvl 15. Luaidhean: Casting Cleric, cap. Premika: Battle FvS, cap. Siobhann: Battle Bard, cap. Temperrance: ~TR~ Monk, lvl 18. Treaka: ~TR~ Arti, lvl 13. Venngeance: DPS Ranger, cap. Yzabelle: ~TR~ Sorc, lvl 16
    The Sabbat, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy the Goth View Post
    I love your sarcasm...
    Me, I love articulated posts. They remind me of pythons.

However, it was an informative post and I intend to use the information just as soon as I log into the game.

I also found it helpful to change the color of the font for the Userchat channel, since it defaults to yellow which is the same default color for tells. You can do this in the UI settings.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Tip #273 remember to use /1, /2, /3... when sending messages in a user defined channel, it helps cut down miss tells meant for guild/party chats and keeps the channel on trades only....well save comf.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    ....well save comf.
    LOL, my misstells aren't as good as that other person...

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Good info wish more players could be informed but to bad all dont read here, but thanks for posting for those that do. I would give you rep but it says I must spread it around more before giving you more.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska d'Orien View Post
    Good info wish more players could be informed but to bad all dont read here, but thanks for posting for those that do. I would give you rep but it says I must spread it around more before giving you more.
    Yea, if I remember right Hurry did post this up awhile ago when he started it,,,most nights around 20people are on...but would be awesome to get more.
    Last edited by Comfortably; 06-14-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    I also found it helpful to change the color of the font for the Userchat channel, since it defaults to yellow which is the same default color for tells. You can do this in the UI settings.
    Thanks for this tidbit.

I used the userchat option for the marketplace earlier today. I got exactly what I wanted in trade for what I'm sure was what others wanted.

I set up a separate tab with the only information in or out being the userchat channel. Saved me having to type /1 in front of my messages.

Anyways, thanks for the info to both Comfortably and Sirea.

Did you know there is a marketplace chat channel in game that you can use to trade with other people, sell larges, etc?

Steps to join:

1) Enter; /joinchannel marketplace into your general chat window. You should see a similer thing next;(UserChat2): You joined room 'marketplace' (UserChat2). Number of members: 15.

Then, if you have several windows simply right click each one, a menu will apear, go to incoming then find at the bottem userchats 1,2,3 and 4. Depending on how many(if any) User chat channels you are already in will determine which you must select for incoming.

Finally, to type into the marketplace channel, you just do /2 (Note this is for me, it may be 1,3,4 for you depeding on which channels you are already in.

The Marketplace user channel was created by Hurrrrrrrry (Or how ever many R's he is up to now...)
    Don't forget, if you offer trade, Comfy will laugh at it and then suggest you trade your item for half the value (unless he has one).

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Don't forget, if you offer trade, Comfy will laugh at it and then suggest you trade your item for half the value (unless he has one).
    Meh, only if your in THAC0 do you get such royal treatment

Meh, only if your in THAC0 do you get such royal treatment
    What are you talking about, you do that to your own guildies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    What are you talking about, you do that to your own guildies.
    Where the hell have you been Thri? I know the new season of Burn Notice is on now but **** dude,,,I can still watch that and play...and well,,,for all the **** you guys give me, your lucky thats all ya get.

Where the hell have you been Thri? I know the new season of Burn Notice is on now but **** dude,,,I can still watch that and play...and well,,,for all the **** you guys give me, your lucky thats all ya get.
    Was out of town, I'll be back tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Burn Notice is too cool for you, Comf.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Burn Notice is too cool for you, Comf.
    Sorry, I must have missed that memo.

Sorry, I must have missed that memo.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Well, this has turned into quite the "I love Comfy" thread....the sad thing is I've gotten loads of rep from it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast