Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Cheating new players out of some the best non raid loot in the game is just WRONG and selling them completion on easy quests is one the shadiest greediest thing I have seen on the server. But considering the guild that is involved would u expect anything less? I for one won't be letting this guild to any my raids or groups this point on.
    put your alts in you sing .
    rocqel, rockcy, roce, rociv, rocsan, jezel, rocel, rocell, gizmos, rocann, spight, spightfull, inate, chaose
    officer in STORM LORDS.
    TACOS RULE.

Nothing wrong with being an entrepreneur. The laws of supply and demand will shake out the good ideas from the bad.

Clearing Cursed Crypt for players that don't have access to the quest but need to upgrade their talisman and have a chance at a nice item is a fantastic service for the DDO community. I would think people would be HAPPY to pay for that service and why not?

A Sorcerer putting a Reaver LFM up assigning which classes get particular +3 tome drops (e.g. only Sorcs get +3 CHA tomes) then refusing any other Sorc's request to join is only providing a service to himself. I don't expect that entrepreneur to stay in business long. True story btw.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

I honestly can't think of a problem with someone soloing a quest and then opening it up to others for free xp, favour and misc loot while "charging" any pulls of certain item - as long as it is clear in the LFM.

I would have a problem with an LFM stating that someone would lead a group through a quest for plat, items etc as the team would be completing the quest in that case.

If the OP is talking about the first case I think the title is misleading.

Aerak the Bulwark-Awryn Shadowblade-Aerrik Lightbringer
    Member of D.W.A.T.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    For the first 2.5 years of playing DDO, I never use to care that much as to who was on the team / in the raid, and then about 3+ months after the merger, things changed.

There has been so much animosity between guilds, disdain between players and factions and a fair bit of anger in general (most likely due to over a year with no mods) that I changed my practice of hitting LFM's about 6+ months ago.

If I don't recognize the leader to be someone I prefer to team with, I will either not joing, or I quickly scan the "WHO" tab to see what guild they are part of and some of the other players on the team.

If the leader is in a guild like Dungeons and Dragons Anonymous, who accepted me onto team, just to boot me because I am in Legion, or it's another guild I don't think well of, I don't join.

Regrettably I don't join as many teams as I use to, but based on Legion, the many other guilds I think highly of and the House T group, I'm not suffering too horribly.

Honestly, I've never joined a group if someone says free completion, just hand me your end loot. I enjoy the quests / raids too much for that.

If the person clears the quest and posts free completion if you give me your end chest contents... well, I'm cool with that. I won't join, but I think it's fair.

I mean really... the person does all the work, so if they are honest with their intent, what is the big deal?
    Ding Winner

jrp

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    Guildies (or friends) first isn't that common? You must not be pugging alot, seems pretty common to me. It's not a rule in our guild, it boils down to the individual - but I'd prefer everyone practice it.
    I'm almost always pugging. Yes, I've seen some items being passed to friends/guildies, mostly in groups made of many different guilds. But when it comes to joining a group with a majority of players belonging to one guild, most of the time I've seen them offering everyone in the party to roll when an item was up for roll.
    Please note I'm not judging anyone here. I'm a big fan of "your loot is your loot and you're free to do whatever you want with it". I'm just stating what I've observed on Thelanis.

If the person clears the quest and posts free completion if you give me your end chest contents... well, I'm cool with that. I won't join, but I think it's fair.

I mean really... the person does all the work, so if they are honest with their intent, what is the big deal?
    /agree
    Officer of The Band of the Shifting Sands
    Bluntzen Herk Kalashtar Jamira Kaminagi Linwei Minimurg Murgatroyd Sesshomaru
    He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future. --George Orwell

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Cheating new players out of some the best non raid loot in the game is just WRONG and selling them completion on easy quests is one the shadiest greediest thing I have seen on the server. But considering the guild that is involved would u expect anything less? I for one won't be letting this guild to any my raids or groups this point on.
    Talking head (random, without sig, anonymous, internet figure) please let me know who you are so I will have the pleasure of avoiding you. Do you even play on Thelanis?
    Current Project: Cercivesoul Uzuaki 17 Fav. Soul / 2 Monk / 1 Fighter
    Cersivsoul Uzuaki 20 Fav. Soul
    "Spreading ignorance and chaos among the forum community."

Default I agree...almost

Honestly, I've never joined a group if someone says free completion, just hand me your end loot. I enjoy the quests / raids too much for that.

I admit that I don't really like these lfms, but I can't exactly place my finger on why they bother me. Honestly, I will never join any quest where the work is done for me. I don't even like to join quests in progress, but that's my choice, and I don't fault anyone that does. It is true that the lfm poster has clearly done all the work and is providing a service for some target group that likes to participate in reward for minimal or no effort. Again, I'm clearly not in the target group, but I accept that some people want to do this. Now, here's where things get a little murky. IF a less experienced person were to join one of these without knowing the value of the requested item, pulls it, and has to give it up, I'm not supportive. Then, I think that the lfm poster might have taken advantage.

New or less experience players will make mistakes, including with the value of game items. Recently, on the Thelanis forums, there was a post where someone had placed firestorm greaves on the AH for 120 k GP. With the current value of the boots, this was very likely posted by a person that wasn't familiar with the item. To remedy this, and make it completely on the up and up, IMO, if the lfm poster makes sure that each member joining his party understands what the requested item does, its rarity, and its game value, then I suppose that I should have no issue with this type of thing.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 06-12-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings
    Proud member of ARCHANGELS

I think that you have hit it on the head Eriik. If the person fully understands the implications of what they are giving up and they choose to jump in for the completion or the chests or whatever then I am all good.

however if they are newer or less experienced players (and not ones that just bought their whole capped toon that just annoys me) and they don't really understand what they were giving away I am not sure that's fair. I remember 3 years ago when I started this game I knew very little - had never played PnP so most of the important stuff was lost on me - bane weapons etc. I am sure that I sold things I shouldn't have to a vendor that would have fetched a much higher price in another forum.

I have done both - I have jumped in with groups (mostly guildies) to get that essence from one of the RR quests, and I have also passed on groups where it clearly states that if a certain item is pulled it belongs to the leader....

The best thing about DDO in my opinion is that you can exist in your own little reality inside the game world. If you want to play a certain way then you can and really not bother others too much as long as they don't group with you.
    Founder of Mickory ~ Former Officer of ATD
    Thayill * Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Sargavand
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

Community Member

Eriik you r a giver thats why you do not agree with jumping in a stated quest and all that junk . the person who lost the greves i feel for the i realy do . But they will NOT make that mistake again . thats what life is about no learning ? Ifi where new and i seen an LFM stateing . quest clear give me your SC from chest , and i joined i would ask 1)what house is this in 2) what is this SC , if they didnt tell me then i would finde it shady . BUT i know that when my guild is asked he lets ppl know it is a rear iteam in the game . TEST him . next time you see an lfm like that. IF i am wrong then i will shut up . but if i am right can we let this thread die .
    rocqel, rockcy, roce, rociv, rocsan, jezel, rocel, rocell, gizmos, rocann, spight, spightfull, inate, chaose
    officer in STORM LORDS.
    TACOS RULE.

Smile Hey Roc

Quote Originally Posted by gizmos199 View Post
    Eriik you r a giver thats why you do not agree with jumping in a stated quest and all that junk . the person who lost the greves i feel for the i realy do . But they will NOT make that mistake again . thats what life is about no learning ? Ifi where new and i seen an LFM stateing . quest clear give me your SC from chest , and i joined i would ask 1)what house is this in 2) what is this SC , if they didnt tell me then i would finde it shady . BUT i know that when my guild is asked he lets ppl know it is a rear iteam in the game . TEST him . next time you see an lfm like that. IF i am wrong then i will shut up . but if i am right can we let this thread die .
    Hiya Roc . I'm not making any judgement about how any particular person does this lfm posting. If the lfm poster goes to adequate lengths to ensure joining members are informed and fairness is maintained, I'm OK with it. If he or she doesn't, I'm not.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 06-12-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings

Community Member

Default I ask you this nay sayers

i post an lfm . *quest clear all i want is your CHOKER .* some newb joins my group . i tell him everthing about it . i even step out of the quest to get him . we get in the quest b line to the end . i tell him how jokes and what not .
    we get to the end open chest and there it is . the choker he pulls it out of the chest with OUT KEEPING TO THE BARGIN . and drops group . who would be at fult then . who would be the jerk . .
    i know there r suxers out there and there are niev pepol as well .
    officer in STORM LORDS.
    TACOS RULE.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AkromaAoW View Post
    Hiya Roc . I'm not making any judgement about how any particular person does this lfm posting. If the lfm poster goes to adequate lengths to ensure joining members are informed and fairness is maintained, I'm OK with it. If he or she doesn't, I'm not.
    ty eriick . how the new guild treating you
    officer in STORM LORDS.
    TACOS RULE.

Default No fault with you.

i post an lfm . *quest clear all i want is your CHOKER .* some newb joins my group . i tell him everthing about it . i even step out of the quest to get him . we get in the quest b line to the end . i tell him how jokes and what not .
    we get to the end open chest and there it is . the choker he pulls it out of the chest with OUT KEEPING TO THE BARGIN . and drops group . who would be at fult then . who would be the jerk . .
    IMO, it sounds like you did your part to inform the player you picked up (highlighted in red above). I would find fault with him for not honoring the deal.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 06-12-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Default None yet...

ty eriick . how the new guild treating you
    I'm still free floating and considering places to land, but let's not open that can of worms again...

Personally wholly agree with Ministry's post as well.

If you don't like the LFM, don't join, no need to flame.

Why do you care that the person is doing the work and expecting something in return?

I personally joined one of these quests (Invaders) not because I couldn't do it (I have a Wizard, Cleric and Rogue who can farm it at any point though the level 12 barbarian has a little trouble :-p) It was a quick way to get some tokens. Big deal, no flaming needed, I personally appreciated it.
    Officer of the Fellowship of the Golden Night (Thelanis)
    Praut Ektor

The fault would be the welcher's. However, if it were I that posted the LFM I would realize that it was the risk I chose to take since there's no way to ensure someone won't welch. The only recourse is to smile, add welcher to blacklist, and hope for better luck next time. It only takes 10 min to clear, so it's a pretty small investment in time.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    The fault would be the welcher's. However, if it were I that posted the LFM I would realize that it was the risk I chose to take since there's no way to ensure someone won't welch. The only recourse is to smile, add welcher to blacklist, and hope for better luck next time. It only takes 10 min to clear, so it's a pretty small investment in time.
    See Storm Lords and Legion can play nice....sometimes
    "Why...so...seriousss!", the Late Heath Ledger as the Joker StormLord Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Promise??

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!

Legion"s fault!
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

A great many kitty-angels were made today...

...today was a good day.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast