Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thebanker View Post
    Have i stuffed it up ?????
    Your account isn't messed up. By adding the Beta key it means that your are able to play the beta and the regular DDO.
    Officer of The Band of the Shifting Sands
    Bluntzen Herk Kalashtar Jamira Kaminagi Linwei Minimurg Murgatroyd Sesshomaru
    He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future. --George Orwell

Ty Murga.. i just got worried when i started reading threads about 'downgrading'? ?? as it didnt mention anything about that in the emails...
    If i gotta heal every newb with some airborne hick disease than can be easily cured but sucking a pot down then im gunna be a very broke cleric
    Franzjoseph Thelains born and bred -

When do we start to accrue points? All sign in stuff states that by going to beta we'll be marked as VIP, and VIPs ear 500 Turbine Points (TP) every month. Does that mean we'll start to accrue them now and keep them when the system actually goes live? So in September I'll have 1500-2000 TPs to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Thebanker View Post
    i got the email... i loaded the beta key onto my account.. i am downloading the content at the moment to look at what i assumed was mod 9 content...

What is all this about 'Downgrading' is that what i am doing by downloading this Beta thingy ?
    I dont want to down grade to 'free to play' i have 10 capped toons and 3 years of blood sweat and tears...

my account now shows..

Game Version History
    Stormreach™ Standard
    DDO Free to Play Beta

Have i stuffed it up ?????
    Downgrading simply refers to going from a paid VIP subcription to Free to Play.

And no you have not messed anything up at all. Whe nthis goes live your characters from DDO:S LIVE will carry over, as will any points you purchased during BETA< but your BETA Characters will not carry over.

and to who ever asked, the Characters on the Lamannia BETA server were transfered from the live servers somewhere around DECEMBER 28 or 29th 2008.
    Last edited by Steiner-Davion; 06-10-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Perhaps I missed it in the deluge of posts ... is it 4 slots period or 4 slots per server?

Thanks.

4 per server. Each extra slot you buy adds one slot to each server, which is nice. At least that is what it said when I looked at the store last night.

Foe of Gharet

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Perhaps I missed it in the deluge of posts ... is it 4 slots period or 4 slots per server?

Thanks.
    Four per server.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    When do we start to accrue points? All sign in stuff states that by going to beta we'll be marked as VIP, and VIPs ear 500 Turbine Points (TP) every month. Does that mean we'll start to accrue them now and keep them when the system actually goes live? So in September I'll have 1500-2000 TPs to use?
    You'll start to accrue points once DDO Unlimited goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Four per server.

You'll start to accrue points once DDO Unlimited goes live.

what about things like favor points do we go live with all the points we woudl have earned for favor and unlocking quests?
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    what about things like favor points do we go live with all the points we woudl have earned for favor and unlocking quests?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    There isn't a retroactive Turbine Points grant on favor you already earned before DDO Unlimited, but if say you're like at 1750, you'd start earning the points on the rest of the favor as you climb past 1750.

I should also clarify that I don't think the article worded it correctly. You don't earn the points for doing the quests AND the favor, they probably got confused about favor points vs turbine points You get the Turbine Points for earning favor, and you earn favor by running the quests.

Even though you don't get the retroactive points, you will get your VIP month points right off the bat once DDO Unlimited starts

Post Script: Oh and the favor points are per character, but your VIP monthly stipend is per account

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    The way I read it is, we will begin accruing points once it goes live. And the key they gave us for points in the Turbine Store for the BETA is for BETA, and that those points and any other points we buy during BETA will carry over to DDO:EU Live.

OOPS Tarrant jsut answered that. Now if he could verify the segment half of what I said, that would be great.

Default Question

will there be a limit to how many character slots one account can have whether one is a F2P or VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Swegen View Post
    Nope
    not referring to beta, but our current live characters say , one char has 2000 favor, when EU goes ive will he have the points for every 100 favor points earned or will he be out of luck
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thank you Meghan for putting this together, does answer a lot of my initial questions. One item caught my eye though....

Q. What happens to the things I've unlocked through the Favor system?
    A. Nothing happens; you'll still have them!
    Would this be anything we HAVE unlocked or only once DDO:U goes live? For example, have my second oldest character sitting at 1300 favor; if by some miracle my guild helps me achieve that last 450 prior to DDO:U's birth, do I get whatever that access if by some reason in the economy i have to go to F2P? Or should I really wait to beg at their feet on the favor until after the birth?
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Foe of Gharet

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner-Davion View Post
    And the key they gave us for points in the Turbine Store for the BETA is for BETA, and that those points and any other points we buy during BETA will carry over to DDO:EU Live.

OOPS Tarrant jsut answered that. Now if he could verify the segment half of what I said, that would be great.
    Yep, any points you buy during Beta will be credited to your live account. If you buy 1000 points and spend 500, we'll give you 1000. If you buy 1000 and spend 1000, we'll give you 1000. Is that what you wanted me to verify?

Quote Originally Posted by lazlow View Post
    will there be a limit to how many character slots one account can have whether one is a F2P or VIP
    No limit! You can buy character slots to your heart's content. You'll just get more base character slots if you're a VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    not referring to beta, but our current live characters say , one char has 2000 favor, when EU goes ive will he have the points for every 100 favor points earned or will he be out of luck
    I think what I quoted will still answer that unfortunately. The thread it was pulled from was asking close to the same question.

No limit! You can buy character slots to your heart's content. You'll just get more base character slots if you're a VIP.[/QUOTE]

Tarrant isn't it true you can not buy to heart's content but to thirty, that is awesome, but I wanted to clear that up.

Thanks
    Zefflon Starbringer of Zeffs Squishy Explorers

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ZEFFLON View Post
    No limit! You can buy character slots to your heart's content. You'll just get more base character slots if you're a VIP.
    Tarrant isn't it true you can not buy to heart's content but to thirty, that is awesome, but I wanted to clear that up.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

oh lord, you've done it now. million and a half zeffy's running around. just what argo needed.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Ok I got one for you

if I'm on VIP and I somehow get enough favor to unlock 32pt builds and drow and then I move to F2P do I keep my ability to roll 32pt and drow or lose it?

Also a related question, say I'm on F2P and someone I'm such an ace player that I manage to complete enough quests on elite on one of my free character to get to 400 favor, can I then roll a drow without paying anything?

Another related one - I'm on F2P and I play my two characters 'ace' again and I manage to earn enough favor to earn enough points to buy another character slot, and then earn enough favor on that character to buy another character slot - can't I just keep playing for free forever?

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Yep, any points you buy during Beta will be credited to your live account. If you buy 1000 points and spend 500, we'll give you 1000. If you buy 1000 and spend 1000, we'll give you 1000. Is that what you wanted me to verify?

That is exactly what I wanted to be cleared up. Thank you for the expeditious response.

Quote Originally Posted by willphase View Post
    Ok I got one for you

if I'm on VIP and I somehow get enough favor to unlock 32pt builds and drow and then I move to F2P do I keep my ability to roll 32pt and drow or lose it?

Also a related question, say I'm on F2P and someone I'm such an ace player that I manage to complete enough quests on elite on one of my free character to get to 400 favor, can I then roll a drow without paying anything?

Another related one - I'm on F2P and I play my two characters 'ace' again and I manage to earn enough favor to earn enough points to buy another character slot, and then earn enough favor on that character to buy another character slot - can't I just keep playing for free forever?

Garth

They haven't said anything about 32 point build unlocking yet, which I find strange.

BUT PLEASE refer to Patience's initial post in this thread for a very clear, and easy to understand answer regarding DROW characters. Now combine that answer and the fact that new F2P accounts will have to buy/unlock Drow, Warforged and Monks and you have the complete answer you are looking for.

As for your last quesiton I'm sure what you mean. You don;t earn favor to unlock new characters slots. Under the new system you will receive Turbine Points (TPs) for every 100 favor your earn. What you choose to do with those free TPs is up to you. You can buy new content, access to DROW, WARFORGED, MONKS, the new class, or anything else at the Turbine DDO Store, even new character slots if you want. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
    Last edited by Steiner-Davion; 06-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Community Member

Do all 4 have to be chosen at once or can we pick one now and the rest later?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast