Founder

Default Collectables - Why so costly on AH?

I was speaking to someone who just started on a 10 day trial (he loves the game and most especially the friendly community here... he is an older/mature player comming from WoW ... nuff said)

he told me that collectables where going for tonnes o' cash. I had just turned in a bunch of them and sold the items to the vendors and could not believe how much stuff like the low level pure water and mushrooms and other stuff sold for.

is there a master list of what collectables are of value?

thank goodness I could not find the guy who wanted the lightning scarred wood i had

so much to learn....
    Alice laughed: There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things.
    I daresay you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Alice in Wonderland

Last edited by Harncw; 05-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    /TELL Tackilack ~ Tackalack ~ Taq ~ Heartattack ~ Scrooge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Shadow View Post
    is there a master list of what collectables are of value?
    thank goodness I could not find the guy who wanted the lightning scarred wood i had
    so much to learn....
    There are ways you can mix a few different collectibles to permanently buff a weapon with +1 damage or an armor with +1 AC.

Because low-level characters change their items each time they advance 1 or 2 levels, it wouldn't be worth it for them to take the time to apply those buffs. So only the very highest-level characters do them, and at high levels they have millions of plat floating around with no reason NOT to spend it on a +1 here or there.

Founder

ahhh....

Good to know. Thanks.

I cannot access that llink here at work. I get "green screened" basically, it is the company saying "Stop goofing off!"
    Alice laughed: There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things.
    I daresay you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Alice in Wonderland