Community Member

Default Looking for 28 pt starter toon

Heyas, i'm looking for a good 28pt toon i can use to solo/group to gain favour for unlocks of drow and 1750. I don't have a regular group so i'm gonna need a toon that can function solo well inbetween PUG's. Appreciated any input and insights you might have for me.

Healing cleric with enough STR to get through the low levels.

Every group likes a cleric so it'll be easy to level up as a first toon.

Aelvara - Bagel - Bagelbot - Daarna - Kraldor - Minibagel - Uberlute - Wounder

|||-C a f f e i n e-|||
    |||Q u a n t u m - E n t r o p y|||

I would suggest a cleric as well. It's great to c what it takes to heal a party threw and u will never have a hard time getting a group. I would suggest a dwarf Cleric leave charisma at 6 u dont need it(except for dv's and turning). Max your wisdom(18) put con at 12 or 14 and put rest into str.
    Co-Founder of LOOT on Cannith: Wall- 20Ftr/12barb, Walkin Shrine 20clr/20sorc/20fvs Completionist, Warsong Hagglesbane 13th Hmn Brd

Elf bard - max dex and cha.

I have been playing one on Khyber to unlock 1750 and I find I'm always welcome in groups... even though she is only a spellsinger
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

I will recommend you a caster man.
    Con 14 Cha max and the other points put as you like
    and the skills that u will need more are use magic device and concentration ( if u wanna sell things at npc for more money just put some points to haggle)

and try to get umd items like shroud crafting...
    the necklace from deleras...
    every kind of cha items and also con items for ur hp

Default I like Clerics

I'd have to also go with Clerics if you are really new. If you have experience with the game mechanics, either a cleric or a bard would be good. My clerics solo a lot by using command and then whacking guys who are lying down. Then later they run around tossing blade barriers. I've seen bards do roughly the same thing with fascinate.

Either way, figure out your spells' DC and how to maximize their effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomsaint View Post
    Heyas, i'm looking for a good 28pt toon i can use to solo/group to gain favour for unlocks of drow and 1750. I don't have a regular group so i'm gonna need a toon that can function solo well inbetween PUG's. Appreciated any input and insights you might have for me.

I would recommend you check out this link:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=127707
    This is the solo warforged wizard created by Ghoste. You can see his videos on YouTube as to how successful this toon is in running all quests on solo. Casters can be a lot of fun.

If you are planning to get your favor real fast I would also have to say clr. Don't max out wisdom though. Do a 17 wisdom. In fact don't max out any stat on a 28 point build unless you decide to roll up a sorc or wiz. It should look something like this:
    17 str
    8-10 dex
    8 int
    12-14 con
    17 wis
    6 cha

Another good 28 point build to use until you get 1750 favor would be a warforged wizard or sorcerer. Casters aren't hurt that bad from only being 28 point builds. Although you will not be able to solo much as a caster you will find your way into groups easily. Casters are great for doing favor runs as well.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

The build Pappo posted a link for looks just like my wf wiz except I left my str at 8. I would recommend that you leave your str at 8 as well, especially for a 28 point build. At lower levels don't loot armors and you won't get over weighted, they don't sell for much anyways.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

Default What do you like?

there is so much to try and do in DDO its hard to just pop one out for you, have you played many MMO's? do you like smashing an enemy with brute strenght, or obliterating them with the might of your magic? I am going to give you a link for new player character builds that were designed with new players in mind and are not totally "min-maxed" for ease of play. Its a great thread. Hopefully you may find something you like. Clerics do get a lot of invites but are expensive to play, and people sometime are impatient with new players. That being said most DDO players will be friendly if you tell them you are new to the game. WELCOME have fun and good hunting.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492

A starting toon isn't just a starting toon. It'll be your farm character for all your other toons, and it'll be a point of nostalgia as your 'first character to max level'.

IMHO, go for 18str/18con WF pure barbarian, or 18cha/15con WF sorcerer.
    Mobility + DPS + High hit points total = good first character for farming and learning.