Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guilds

Community Member

Wink Guilds

New (returning) Player looking for guild to join... Can you all give me some insight on the guilds out there, which ones are the best and why?

Thanks For The Help...
    Last edited by EJOGODDESS; 04-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Default Depends on what you are looking for

Are you interrested in raiding or casual play . Just helping you get started here.

Quote Originally Posted by EJOGODDESS View Post
    New (returning) Player looking for guild to join... Can you all give me some insight on the guilds out there, which ones are the best and why?

Thanks For The Help...

Any bad ones to stay away from?
    i'm not taking the bate , regardless of what guild you chose, putting anything negative about a guild will probably draw infraction points, imho.
    welcome back tho!!!
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

Community Member

Default Guilds

I like raiding, loot is always good, but casual is fine too....

Dont want to play by my self...

some of the better known guilds, like thaco, ****, ravensgaurd etc, would probably be a good place to start they are well established, long term guilds with friendly members. (that sounds just wrong lol)
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

No one can tell you what guild you would like best... I suggest Pugging with as many different guilds as possible and then seek membership.
    Last edited by KatanAztar; 04-17-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Wink

Sent you a PM

Community Member

Default ****

Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    some of the better known guilds, like thaco, ****, ravensgaurd etc, would probably be a good place to start they are well established, long term guilds with friendly members. (that sounds just wrong lol)
    What is the "****"? Guild with a naughty name?

I think he means the guild with the initials of S T F U

it was short for southern tenant farmers union, from way back on fernia. still around.

Community Member

Default Guild Leaders

Can any one tell me who the Guild Leaders are for:

Thaco
    S.T.F. U
    Ravensguard

Thanks

You might try checkin out the Ghallanda Guild list...some are prolly listed in there.
    Last edited by Nakia; 04-17-2009 at 07:40 PM.
    Ghallanda: KaTet|Nuveah-20clrc|Niyowin-12 pali|Zafirah-Xoriat-16 src| Zafyrah-13 Rgr|
    Thelanis: Dark Exile|Nakia- 13 clr (RIP)|Niyobi-1-18 clr|Niyobi-8 clr|Yalkara-11 fvs| Nuveah-8 clr|
    **Born and raised in Xoriat: Xantara/Nakia/Nuveah**

Exclamation Ghallanda Guilds

Thanks For The Help...
    There is an entire forum area titled Ghallanda Guilds where you might do some research and have some of your questions answered. There is a stickied thread at the top of this forum with a complied list of the various guilds, the guild leaders, and links to their websites. This forum area also hosts threads posted by various guilds that they have used to showcase what they are all about and what they are looking for in a member.

But I'd suggest getting into some groups with folks from lots of different guilds if you want a true feel for what they people making up the guild are like. Don't be in a rush as a compatible guild is a real asset to any player and joining one where you end up having internal strife can hurt your gaming experience.

FYI this is by no means a shameless plug for my own guild. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction and help you start your search for a home in a productive manner. Until such a time as you do find a guild you like there are always lots of pick-up groups (PUGs) of all sorts that you can join using the Social panel.

Happy hunting and good looting,
    - B.
    Bronko Lawbringer
    Founder, Guild Leader, & Official Meat Shield™ of THAC0 on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Make Gazebo cry.
    www.thaczero.net

Community Member

Smile Thanks for the info

Happy hunting and good looting,
    - B.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I will look at that... wanted to get some player info on who they like...

Smile Guilds

You should consider Katet.

They are open to the young and new players. Very helpful and insightful for ingame tactics. In game contacts you should talk to are:

Coldest-1
    Rhynn
    Cached

They are very understanding of new player mistakes and will walk you through the basics and leveling to 16. The Guild is mature adults and very relaxed. Eletist players are frowned upon as they tend to hinder the ingame experience players who just want to have a good time.

I will put in a good for you, please look for the officers listed above in game and talk to them.

Tell them Gzus sent you!

Hope this helps

Community Member sativathered6977's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gzusman View Post
    You should consider Katet.

They are open to the young and new players. Very helpful and insightful for ingame tactics. In game contacts you should talk to are:

Coldest-1
    Rhynn
    Cached

They are very understanding of new player mistakes and will walk you through the basics and leveling to 16. The Guild is mature adults and very relaxed. Eletist players are frowned upon as they tend to hinder the ingame experience players who just want to have a good
    time.

I will put in a good for you, please look for the officers listed above in game and talk to them.

Tell them Gzus sent you!

Hope this helps
    lmao

you can also look up dragonmark alliance OP....... we are a fun guild to run with. look up azaria or leanesse in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably View Post
    Light up the darkness, Az.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default some guilds to consider

I have not ran with all guilds, or any others that have made a memorable impression on me, there are four guilds and one guild of distinction.

I have found these guilds to be quite honorable

Sabbat
    Old Timers Guild
    ToHitArmorClassZero
    Valiant Accord

IMHO, the guild with the best players is DDO Korea Season II. They will gladly charge into the Maws of Death and make you think, "Party Wipe!!" and by the time you get there the battle is over. That is when you say to yourself, "I am not worthy."

One way to find out is to be able to join one of their "Short a few men? no problem!" raids.

In my opinion, Oddlived is one of the Top 5 best players on Ghallanda, if not the best. The other players in DDO Korea are not slouches by any means, but as the party does wipe in something that caught them off guard(elite of course) Oddlived will still be standing, and once he cleans up he gladly either REZs everyone, or takes your stone to the shrine. Laughing the entire time.

That dude is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

In my opinion, Oddlived is one of the Top 5 best players on Ghallanda, if not the best. The other players in DDO Korea are not slouches by any means, but as the party does wipe in something that caught them off guard(elite of course) Oddlived will still be standing, and once he cleans up he gladly either REZs everyone, or takes your stone to the shrine. Laughing the entire time.

That dude is awesome.
    Somewhere deep in the bowels of hell, the devil is wondering why some fool would sell his soul to be that ridiculously good at a video game. In all seriousness, Oddlived humbles me nearly every time I group with him and that's not even taking in to consideration his solo/2-man/3-man achievements.

Best answer for OP, as many have pointed out, is the Ghallanda Guilds page. Then PUG out some quests... a lot of quests and see if the reality meets your expectations. Get to know some different folks from different guilds (not just the same 3 every time). If you are fun, and you have no guild name under yours, you will get approached relatively quickly. But don't press, as that's a sure way to not get in to many a guild (IMO anyway).
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Default Lmao?

Quote Originally Posted by sativathered6977 View Post
    lmao

you can also look up dragonmark alliance OP....... we are a fun guild to run with. look up azaria or leanesse in game.
    Not sure what is so funny, but how dare you try to snipe my new recruit! If EJOGODDESS is looking for the help and understanding new players need, He/She will look up the officers I noted in game and contact them..

You may want to talk to Gunga too, real nice guy and officer.

Community Member

Default Thanks

Thanks Gzus, I will look for them....

Sativathered, I will look for you in the game also...

Thanks for all the help again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast