I think I know the answer to this already from looking at other threads that talk about TWFs with 60 AC, but here goes.

My level 9 rogue was made at the beginning and I took a couple (well more than a couple) of feats that appear to be useless now.

Human, True Neutral with current ability scores: str 13, dex 18, con 11, int 14, wis 10, cha 10.

Skills: maxed the usual suspects.

Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Luck of the Heroes, Skill Focus: Disable Devices, Weapon Finesse.

I am wondering if it is worthwhile playing him, and if so under what set of changes – especially since I’m not willing to spend the plat to trade out Dodge and Mobility. Here are my options, as I see them.

Option 1: Go TWF and exchange Skill Focus: Disable Device and Luck of Heroes for TWF and Improved-TWF. At level 12, it is my understanding he will not have the BAB needed to get Greater –TWF but could get Oversized-TWF.

Option 2: Go sword and board: Skill Focus: DD for Weapon Focus: Piercing and Luck of Heroes for Spring Attack or Toughness. At level 12, get Improved Crit. Right now, his AC is low 30s: Base 10, +7 armor bonus, +7 dex bonus, +1 feat bonus, +1 natural bonus, and +7 shield bonus. I could add the +1 sword and +1 armor alchemical bonuses for 35 AC total.

My primary concern is to make him as useful as possible to the group. Would the extra +8 AC (+7 regular and +1 alchemical) from a shield make that much difference in the character’s survivability/drain on healing SP, at higher levels? Do the coming changes from mod 9 make TWF the way to go?