Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plat riches

Default Plat riches

Back in the GH days I reach my height of wealth that I have not been able to get back to until recently. It may be becasue of all the raiding i do and only run capped toons again, but am I alone. Are you wealthier now than any point in the last three years? What is rich in DDO right now.

How much PLAT do you have on all toons combined?

5 million?

10 million?

More?
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by oogly54 View Post
    Back in the GH days I reach my height of wealth that I have not been able to get back to until recently. It may be becasue of all the raiding i do and only run capped toons again, but am I alone. Are you wealthier now than any point in the last three years? What is rich in DDO right now.

How much PLAT do you have on all toons combined?

5 million?

10 million?

More?
    I had a goal for a while this mod of reaching maximum PP on all my characters.. I puttered out after capping out 2. Honestly though PP is a poor measure of wealth currently, a better metric I think is #large scales + #major mana pots.
    "As if killing the Bard impresses us."
    -Sir Osric, Paladin

With the reduction on any decent random loot, I would be quite surprised to see anyone have an increase in plat (with the possible exception of someone that instead of using larges AH's them all). Personally I'm down about 6milpp compared to what I used to have; nor do I see the situation improving unless they bring some value back to the random loot tables. As it is, if you are not farming for unique items/larges, you are pretty much wasting your time unfortunately. The economy took a hit everywhere :P
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    With the reduction on any decent random loot, I would be quite surprised to see anyone have an increase in plat (with the possible exception of someone that instead of using larges AH's them all). Personally I'm down about 6milpp compared to what I used to have; nor do I see the situation improving unless they bring some value back to the random loot tables. As it is, if you are not farming for unique items/larges, you are pretty much wasting your time unfortunately. The economy took a hit everywhere :P
    Actually I found PP very easy to make this mod. There are alot of low end items people spend 10-20k pp on the AH that can be easily found in house d. The best PP run in the game is House D to AH, you can easily make 100k pp a night.
    -Sir Osric, Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Crarites View Post
    Actually I found PP very easy to make this mod. There are alot of low end items people spend 10-20k pp on the AH that can be easily found in house d. The best PP run in the game is House D to AH, you can easily make 100k pp a night.
    You used to be able to AH white scales for 2milpp a piece. 100kpp is nothing
    ...NAMASTE...

Back in the GH days I would typically run between 12-14mil PP at all times, but somewhere i started buying majors and dropped to 5-7ish. I have recently broke the 15 mil PLAT level and thought it kind of cool. I know there are some out there that have much more than this, but I am curious how common it actually is.
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Exactly, back in the GH days it was easy to see almost anything of value on the AH for max plat buyout. I used to have all my toons plat capped back then, now I only have 6-7 mil left and there is even less value in plat. A mans wealth is much better derived from the number of large ingredients and mana pots he has.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

I've made pretty much all my BIG money in DDO by selling the latest and greatest collectables....

When GH came out, I sold all my relics and scales for the first month or so....

When the Orchard came out, I sold all my tapestries for the first month or so....

When the Shroud came out, I sold all my ingrediants for the first month or so...

You wouldn't believe what the uber will pay for collectables the first month...

I still sell Shroud ingrediants to raise cash... If I have all I need to craft, except a large scale, and I pull a shrapnel, I sell it... and I sell all my small and medium now...

That said... I don't have a lot of cash... but my six (almost seven) capped characters are pretty well equipped.... Multiple Bloodstones, multiple girds, multiple spectral gloves, multiple rings of spell-storing, multiple cloaks of ice, one set of firestorm greaves...

Pretty much all bought off the AH... I've never had time to grind quests for rare items... I'm not the rich gold miner... I'm the guy who sells the shovels to all the rich gold miners

Yah, the AH game went from a couple major sells to lots of small sells. I use to AH kardins eye for max buyout, sadly those days are gone.
    -Sir Osric, Paladin

Default ****...

I'm Po'. Not poor but Po'.
    Maveriq Wiley... Benefaqtor... Spyqe... Masqot Von Chaedence...
    Ghallanda

Trade List

I agree there are items that everyone has that is valuabe, WOP rapiers being the Alpha today, but haing those items and having a lot of plat says something,I am just not sure what it says.

FYI, Major pot levels means absolutly nothing to me for wealth. I bought a hundred of them off the auction house two days ago for 800k PP. They are easy to acquire.
    Last edited by oogly54; 03-27-2009 at 09:45 AM.

I agree there are items that everyone has that is valuabe, WOP rapiers being the Alpha today, but haing htose items and having a lot of plat says something,i am just not sure what it says.

FYI, Major pot levels means absolutly nothing to me for wealth. I bought a hundred of them off the auction house two days ago for 800k PP. They are easy to acquire.
    PP is even easier to aquire.
    -Sir Osric, Paladin

I only have two characters and have played for less than a year so I'm not obscenely rich like some of you. Dresek has 1.9MM plat while Dresmir, my cleric, has about 300M. I don't farm for plat often but I don't spend much at all so it balances out.

The people I've talked to who are perennially poor are the ones who have a couple capped characters and then 6 or more between levels 2 and 14. Twinking characters is, apparently, a losing business.

I do have 9 large scales and about 15 pots so, yeah, I got that going for me.

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Community Member

No one believes me, but I actually don't have much plat:

- Probably 1.5 million across all characters, tops.
    - Around 1 million in easily sold inventory (heal scrolls, cure pots, etc)
    - Around 3 million in item inventory (realistic pricing)

I've found that I am utterly incapable of hanging on to pretend money. The vast majority of my funds go directly to financing my consumables addiction. People often ask who Qwijy's best customer is... the answer is me... except I don't pay.

To give you an idea on how bad my consumable addiction is...

- I get nervous if I enter a quest with less than 300 haste potions (any char)
    - I get nervous if I enter a quest with less than 500 cure potions (barb)
    - I get nervous if I enter a quest with less than 500 heal scrolls, 300 MCMWs, 4 curse wands, and 30 mnemonics (cleric)

I also have a tendency to give away stuff. Again, it's pretend money, if I can make someone's day by giving them something that cost me nothing (real money), well, that's a pretty good deal for everyone.

Er... just realized this is in a server forum. The post is relevant so I'll still submit it... Hi Ghallanda!

Maybe we are all on to something. In order to have a lot of PLAT you need to have most/all your characters fully geared out and not spending cash on that gear. I do not EVER buy things other than majors from the AH becasue I have all the gear I want on all my toons or the gear I want is not purchasable. (raid loot)

Of course,the question still stands, what is a lot of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    Twinking characters is, apparently, a losing business.

This is definitely true. I used to track the "breakeven" point on new characters (i.e. I send new toons 200kpp up front, and see when they start making money instead of spending it). Typically it was not until level 10, although the sorc I had recently probably set a record by doing it at level 6.
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    - I get nervous if I enter a quest with less than 500 heal scrolls, 300 MCMWs, 4 curse wands, and 30 mnemonics (cleric)

Heh, have you EVER used more than 100 haste pots in a single quest? Or more than 100 cure potions? Or more than 200 heal scrolls?

Maybe we are all on to something. In order to have a lot of PLAT you need to have most/all your characters fully geared out and not spending cash on that gear.

Yep.. I'm almost done... I still need one more bloodstone... and I have three more items to craft... From then on, I'll get to keep my cash and ingrediants...

Of course Mod 9 will be released two days before I finish... and the grind will start again!

Default i can't stop buying stuff

when i hit 8 or 9 mill...twice i bought wop rapiers..1 for 4, 1 for 5 m pp. i keep a stock of most items xtra for trades xcept tomes. larges r low with only about 120...have about 20 wops...and about 12 m pp atm. Because i have 2 accounts and about 11-teen bank toons, i have a little room left and mail almost always close to full on the toons I run with. It is just a pain at times. I keep thinking I will stop buying 1 day, but who knows.LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    No one believes me, but I actually don't have much plat:

- Probably 1.5 million across all characters, tops.
    - Around 1 million in easily sold inventory (heal scrolls, cure pots, etc)
    - Around 3 million in item inventory (realistic pricing)

I've found that I am utterly incapable of hanging on to pretend money. The vast majority of my funds go directly to financing my consumables addiction. People often ask who Qwijy's best customer is... the answer is me... except I don't pay.

To give you an idea on how bad my consumable addiction is...

I also have a tendency to give away stuff. Again, it's pretend money, if I can make someone's day by giving them something that cost me nothing (real money), well, that's a pretty good deal for everyone.

Er... just realized this is in a server forum. The post is relevant so I'll still submit it... Hi Ghallanda!
    Hi Strakeln! Welcome to our humble Ghallanda forum. I diagnose you with consumable OCD. Have a lovely day!!!!
    Cache - Katet
    In the words of the immortal Ryu - "See ya Suckas!"
    Code:
    Welcome back Gunga
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post
    What a word weasel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast