Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
    Community Member

Aspenor I have to say that I appreciate this fantastic thread you made. It takes great time and effort to give such a great detailed and well structured self help on rolling a decent sorcerer, so thank you very much for that!

I am one of these always-will-be-noobs who keeps trying to know how to roll a good character in any online game. I rolled a wizard up to level 9 and I wasn't very happy with her to say the least. My boyfriend rolled a WF sorc using your thread and follows through it as he levels and his sorc is doing great in both pve and pvp. Now I have deleted my wizard and rolled a new sorc (level 3 atm lol) and I also have this thread bookmarked. So, this was just a little thank you for the advice <(^_^)>

I'm basically saying the same, I've played Clr and Ranger type's for awhile but have always wanted to know this game well before making an Arcane powerhouse and thanks for your well written posts. Im about to roll a 36 pt Sorc I appreciate your skills, stats, spells.

Thanks

Dan
    Main toons:
    Alcibades - Guild:Noble Fist
    Pommo - Free agent (I still <3 you Cringle)

Community Member

Asp, might as well update the lvl 20 gear with the awesome awesome dagger from the pirate festival thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by guareber View Post
    Asp, might as well update the lvl 20 gear with the awesome awesome dagger from the pirate festival thingy.
    And the level 16 dagger, which is better all around for nuking...

Community Member

If I could get a setup written out in list form the way I have things right now, I'd be happy to copy it over and give credit for it. I have been on hiatus from DDO for quite some time now (if you haven't noticed that I never post anymore), and I don't even know what new items there are and how they would match best with other items.

Community Member

Quick question (new to ddo and just wondering)
    What build would you suggest if you want to PvP a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by psychonewb View Post
    Quick question (new to ddo and just wondering)
    What build would you suggest if you want to PvP a lot?
    I learned 'all about' PvP getting pwned by a Bard multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sizzle View Post
    um...

Step 1 - Delete Sorcerer

Step 2 - Roll a Warforged Wizard

'nuff said?

P.S. (to the OP) You should put the "My Opinion" at the top of your post, as well as a disclaimer about your post being an oversimplification.....not to mention (apparently) flame bait. I would think that someone with over 14k posts would know this already, but I guess that's what I get for thinking.
    Uh..Warforged are boring and an easy button. Have some real challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by megathon View Post
    Uh..Warforged are boring and an easy button. Have some real challenge.
    That post was made AGES ago.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

Community Member

Well, I was really enjoying getting my sorcerer together and basically following the guide at the beginning of this thread; useful character playing his part in quests, struggling solo sometimes but getting there. Now though someone has taken all the pieces and thrown them up in the air! Any suggestions to what a level 9 sorc should look like with a view to doing epics some day soon?

Maudric

Quote Originally Posted by Maudric View Post
    Well, I was really enjoying getting my sorcerer together and basically following the guide at the beginning of this thread; useful character playing his part in quests, struggling solo sometimes but getting there. Now though someone has taken all the pieces and thrown them up in the air! Any suggestions to what a level 9 sorc should look like with a view to doing epics some day soon?

Maudric
    more or less the same, except now you need the best gear in the game for your spells to actually land.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    more or less the same, except now you need the best gear in the game for your spells to actually land.
    Hmmm... hopefully some of that will be taken care of with the new crafting. The enhancements certainly have an effect though - had to rework those completely and pick an elemental focus. Still not quite managed to get my head around these changes...

Is anyone aware of an updated sorcerer thread? This one is pretty out-of-date.

Community Member

LOL...just peeked in to see what was going on in DDO land to find that I got neg-repped for the OP.

Kindof funny, considering I haven't played the game in over a year, and this post is what, 6 years old? I've only edited the posts to fix typos here and there since I quit.

To whomever it was that thought negging was a good idea: I have contributed more to this game and forum than you can ever dream of. You're welcome. Seriously.

If anybody wants to help out the community and post updated information, I will happily link it and give credit where credit is due.

This is the third time I've said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    LOL...just peeked in to see what was going on in DDO land to find that I got neg-repped for the OP.

Kindof funny, considering I haven't played the game in over a year, and this post is what, 6 years old? I've only edited the posts to fix typos here and there since I quit.

To whomever it was that thought negging was a good idea: I have contributed more to this game and forum than you can ever dream of. You're welcome. Seriously.

If anybody wants to help out the community and post updated information, I will happily link it and give credit where credit is due.

eh, this *is* kinda out of date. in a sense. but most of the stuff in the OP is still applicable. it just doesn't take into account the new savant focus. basically, if you included a few links to various spell lists provided, slightly modified the enhancements, and did a slight re-examination of feats (read: replace extend with spell focus), this would be pretty much entirely up-to-date.

and even without that, it's still an excellent resource thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post

Ahhh I just figured since sorc prestiges didnt drag ya out of your hole asp you were gone for good and I'd give ya a good red parting shot. JK wasn't me.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    Ahhh I just figured since sorc prestiges didnt drag ya out of your hole asp you were gone for good and I'd give ya a good red parting shot. JK wasn't me.
    I pretty much am gone for good. I don't have any intentions on playing again, I don't have the time.

Community Member

Default Thanks, man!

This has been quite handy. I've made a Wizard and can confirm your L1-3 spell picks.

i am currently rerolling my sorcerer now. with a 32 pt build, i could max cha to 18 on a human.
    and then there's Con that i think ill get up to 16. with the extra 6 pts, i think im going with INT since they dont get many skillpoints, and it takes 2 skillpoints for UMD each level. with 14 int thats 5 skill points per level.

for 1 rank u need:
    2 UMD
    1 concentration
    2 balance
    2 diplo

which ones should i take? i never used Diplo, will it be effective with just half a rank each level?
    I think balance is important if it determines get back up speed, as being on the floor can kill you fast.
    Im even contemplating maxing out Haggle

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    i am currently rerolling my sorcerer now. with a 32 pt build, i could max cha to 18 on a human.
    and then there's Con that i think ill get up to 16. with the extra 6 pts, i think im going with INT since they dont get many skillpoints, and it takes 2 skillpoints for UMD each level. with 14 int thats 5 skill points per level.

for 1 rank u need:
    2 UMD
    1 concentration
    2 balance
    2 diplo

which ones should i take? i never used Diplo, will it be effective with just half a rank each level?
    I think balance is important if it determines get back up speed, as being on the floor can kill you fast.
    Im even contemplating maxing out Haggle
    You can only add 1 skill point per level to UMD assuming you stay sorc on all levels. What gets changed when a skill is cross-class is that instead of being able to reach the maximum 21 ranks (i think?) on the skill, you can only get up to 10.5 (or 10 since 10.5 would be a waste of 1 skill point).

Anyway, IMO you only need UMD and concentration... Everything else would be gravy (I'm not sure if the 10 ranks in balance would be worth it).

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast