Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sizzle View Post
    um...

Step 1 - Delete Sorcerer

Step 2 - Roll a Warforged Wizard

'nuff said?

P.S. (to the OP) You should put the "My Opinion" at the top of your post, as well as a disclaimer about your post being an oversimplification.....not to mention (apparently) flame bait. I would think that someone with over 14k posts would know this already, but I guess that's what I get for thinking.
    It goes without saying that when you post something in a forum like this it is your opinion. I would think that someone with over 500 posts would know this already.

Quote Originally Posted by boldarblood View Post
    I would think that someone with over 500 posts would know this already.
    You, sir, overestimate the average North American.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Don't trust that guy. He is a noob and should reroll IRL.

Got that, Asp?
    Heh, don't worry about me Borr. If anybody really wants to debate the ins and outs of arcane casters with me, they can feel free to do their best. It's not my problem if somebody is okay with accepting mediocrity in their practice of the Art of the Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    Heh, don't worry about me Borr. If anybody really wants to debate the ins and outs of arcane casters with me, they can feel free to do their best. It's not my problem if somebody is okay with accepting mediocrity in their practice of the Art of the Arcane.

In the interest of future proofing their builds so that respecs will never be necessary...

Make sure you can get to about a 30+ dex for touch spells!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    It's not my problem if somebody is okay with accepting mediocrity
    You mean like those who group with you?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

you forgot the human extra feat

1) How is 16hp difference "quite a bit more squishy"
    2) You left out we cast twice as fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    its 26-68 more; human get one more racial enhancement (and up to 1 more con) and wf get 2 more toughness enhancements and 4 more constitution (2 racial, 2 enhancements). drow are squishier, its time to accept that; your drow doesnt have 360 raged hp; human sorc, however, can.

wf? 400!

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    its 26-68 more; human get one more racial enhancement (and up to 1 more con) and wf get 2 more toughness enhancements and 4 more constitution (2 racial, 2 enhancements). drow are squishier, its time to accept that; your drow doesnt have 360 raged hp; human sorc, however, can.

wf? 400!
    LMAO There is NO need to take tuffness let alone the enhancements for it on a sorc for anything currently out. If you are having HP issues on a sorc that is not soloing you should think long and hard and find out why as you should not.

I can take off my GFL and still not have any HP issues.
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.

LMAO There is NO need to take tuffness let alone the enhancements for it on a sorc for anything currently out. If you are having HP issues on a sorc that is not soloing you should think long and hard and find out why as you should not.

Personally... I wouldn't give up any of my 332 HP on my sorc. Too many traps that take off 250 if you mistime it by a split second. I'd rather not have to recall out everytime I do that... I'd rather just spend a heal scroll or two.

I'm not saying you can't run a sorc with 250... but it's a lot easier with more. And you have to play the sorc more like a wuss, the less HP you have.

totally cool you feel that way; also, you might want to consider that you may be playing different content than other people are; dunno about you, but I'm quite glad to have more than 200 hp when that's the damage on a failed save from horrid wilting or chain lightning.

There's more than one way to skin the sorceror cat, but you're not very good at that whole 'ideas that aren't your own' thing

also, right now, toughness enhancements are free: just use minos legens. That's changing, sure, but the idea that 30 hp ain't worth 6 ap is crazy.

Just make sure you have 301+ HP by level 20

Just make sure you have 301+ HP by level 20

hate running a toon without 300 hp at the present cap; hp is gold.

my sorc will have 361 raged hp with shroud item; and that's without a max con start, just 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    hate running a toon without 300 hp at the present cap; hp is gold.

my sorc will have 361 raged hp with shroud item; and that's without a max con start, just 16.
    You missed the point

Power word kill caps at 300.

being at 299 vs 301 will be all the difference in the world

16 HP? That's bollus anyway... because drow can't be 32 pt builds...

So a human can start at 18, and get +1 from enhancements... while a drow sits at a 14.

That's potentially a 58 HP difference.

Yes... that's 'quite' a bit more squishy.

Community Member

added the human bonus feat note. i think i was planning to put that in the feats section...but....oh well the first post is probably a better place anyway.

Good advice so far, OP. I hope it will serve to encourage good, self-sufficient, sorc building rather than a lot of the one-hit squishy wonders you run into in DDO. Personally, I'm a fan of balance, but I see why you went the way you did on the skill section. I hope the people defensive of their olden days builds don't discourage you from continuing your guide.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Good advice so far, OP. I hope it will serve to encourage good, self-sufficient, sorc building rather than a lot of the one-hit squishy wonders you run into in DDO. Personally, I'm a fan of balance, but I see why you went the way you did on the skill section. I hope the people defensive of their olden days builds don't discourage you from continuing your guide.
    I have thick skin. This is not only a building guide, but a character optimization post. The intent is to provide the path of least resistance to maximum performance.

Since DDO doesn't have "tricks," CharOp can be loosely defined in this manner.

Community Member

added feats section

I will confess a bias of wizards over sorcerers, but don't want to argue this in general. I would like to point out that how you approach the game may make a huge difference in if you want to go sorc or wiz. If you are end-game focused, I think everything you say about the advantages of sorcs is correct. The endgame is so narrowly focused, that once you tailor your sorc spells/feats to the new content, they are superior for that content.

However, if you short-man/solo a lot and continually play all the content; having more spells and feats in addition to the flexibility of the wizard is much more important.
    Last edited by Dirac; 03-16-2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Almost nearly always: Ghallanda
    Most likely: Heisenberg, Landau, Boltzmann, Sommerfeld, Rutherford, Bohr, Tezla, and Dirac.
    But also: Vigner, Minkowski, Schrodinger, Fermi, Hartree, Sternn, Gerlach, and others.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast