Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Suggestion: Move rusty nail vendors outside

it's been a while since the market tent got toasted, and it's not really missed.... but how about the poor displaced vendors go into the market area near cydonie agent of argonessen. Theres stalls everywhere there.

Maybe there is speed issues, but it'd be great to see a hustle and bustle in the marketplace trading with vendors out in the open air.

I agree. The lack of "seeing people" in the main instance is a huge downer for this game, and the first thing I noticed coming over here from COH three years ago.

A Reconstructed "Vendor Deck" where the tent used to be makes the most sense.

FURTHER, and this may cause some controversy-

Take the House K and House D Vendors and either put them together in one spot, or bring them out too. Any other game I play in has their vendors together for best use and advantage for the players, not artifical ways of setting up travel time.

muffinseller
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Not a bad idea, if only to skip two useless loadings. Moving the other brokers there would be cool too. Less walking.

Maybe the non-resetting of the brokers could be problematic?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Not a bad idea, if only to skip two useless loadings. Moving the other brokers there would be cool too. Less walking.

Maybe the non-resetting of the brokers could be problematic?
    Yeah, you would have to have a forced reset "The clock strikes one am, and all the items gone"....

The other problem is when you have multiple instances and you can see different stuff at different instances with the same vendor (I have only seen this happen ONCE, when someone was giving away their stuff in House D).

I figured that may be the reason to seperate K+D from the others, but still, no reason to have the two of them apart other than to torture us. Put them all in House P near the AH, and I would be just as fine with it.

Just say the rain flooded the vendors and they had to move to higher ground.

muffinswimmer.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Actually, we will be moving the vendors outside in Mod 9. We just wanted to make a spiffy place for them to set up shop before asking them to move.

~Silthe

Arrow Omg!

I just forgot that the MUSIC from the tent is gone, will you guys post that out with other music, since I can't listen to it anymore. Arrgh I so forgot how much I <<<<<3333'd that little piece. It was grand, one of the first things about the game I fell in love with.
    I really miss it.
    I really, really do!!
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silthe View Post
    We just wanted to make a spiffy place for them to set up shop before asking them to move.
    How much do these vendors kick back to you to get such treatment? These vendors are robbing the general population blind.

I've got plat, let's cut a deal. You into real estate?
    QWIJY
    Shop Smart - Shop QwijyMart!

Actually, we will be moving the vendors outside in Mod 9. We just wanted to make a spiffy place for them to set up shop before asking them to move.

~Silthe
    What are the odds of spawning copies of the vendors in House D and K. I'm pretty sure whatever reasons that you seperated them are long since gone... and it'd be nice to have them all in a spot again... seeing as usage of them is pretty low.

~Silthe
    Nooooooooooo! I *love* having all of those vendors centrally located and in a tavern! Boo! Hiss!
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

I wonder if we will now see the giant's market from the pnp version of Stormreach?
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member Larhanya_Theliel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    I just forgot that the MUSIC from the tent is gone, will you guys post that out with other music, since I can't listen to it anymore. Arrgh I so forgot how much I <<<<<3333'd that little piece. It was grand, one of the first things about the game I fell in love with.
    I really miss it.
    I really, really do!!
    Agreed! I miss the tent music too! Generally I miss the tent as well, since I get horrid lag trying to shop in the Nail. Darn those devils and their tent-blowing-up ways!

Larhanya Theliel (28pt Elf Rgr 15/Rog 1)Maritha Rowanroot (28pt Halfling Wiz 14/Rog 2)Iomeliza Draxithe (Drow Bard 11)Pneumatia (32pt WF Pal 7/Ftr 2)Quomey Mera Dunamis (32pt Halfling Monk 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Nooooooooooo! I *love* having all of those vendors centrally located and in a tavern! Boo! Hiss!
    I agree - no more running all over town to sell different items!

Also, I noticed last night that some nice low end Jewelry and Clothing is ALWAYS available as that Tavern is a very happening place! No more resetting and clearing of their inventory lists...

I hope the new home is just as happening .

Barumar

Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    I really miss it.
    I really, really do!!
    I third this!! Just like iamsamoth that catchy beat was one of the first things about the game that captivated me. I would afk in there for nothing other than the tunes.

Give us an mp3!
    "Burl, scurf, and bower; Birth fern and flower."
    Olac Battleforge 16 Paladin || Methil Viddenvelp 10 Sorcerer || Ghorlax 6 Barbarian || Dubi Tiggerwillies 16 Iron Monk build by Illuminati

~Silthe
    We getting a WALMART??? Hurray!!! Always the low Price!!! ALWAYS !!!!

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

~Silthe
    Pssstt ... hey buddy ... don't let ms. p catch you giving out mod 9 sneak peaks ...

*shifts glance*

... ya know, there might be, consequences.

The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

But more serious, with the vendors outside I imagine a heavier server load not only with respect to the additional players but also inclusive of the actual lists of itmes maintained by the vendors - does this additional overhead 'hurt' the market instance?

Yes I know that the Market can spawn new instances but am concerned that still the Market itself will be impacted at in some way...

I for example know that the smart folk @ Turbine have defined their 'vendors' statically so that there's only one instance of each active at any given time so, even if there are multiple Market instances

But wondering how the 5 minute loot purge rule will still apply since at any given time there's almost always someone in the Market... Would the 5 minute rule still be in effect and based on a particular instance of the Market or instead on a counter based system so that, as long as at least one instance of the Market is active, the 5 minute rule doesn't come into play?

Community Member

never liked the tent actually, but setting up on the stalls near cydonie would be perfect. Auction right near, trainers up the stairs.. Now if only the post box had a duplicate near the rusty nail...

I would just be happy with a wand/scroll and ammo vendor in Meridia.

... one can dream, can't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ~locks Erres in the ancient cage~

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant Force View Post
    I third this!! Just like iamsamoth that catchy beat was one of the first things about the game that captivated me. I would afk in there for nothing other than the tunes.

Give us an mp3!
    Are you serious???? Really the market tent music was the main reason i turned my music volume down, and you want a mp3??
    I wouldnt let any of your bud's find that on your ipod!

i dunno... tent jamz might make a good ring tone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast