Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ahem!
    Hera & Skadi - SOR
    Herra & Esir - clr
    MoneAone, MoneAtwoA, Gundahar, & KenKana,
    Broke Ass Casters, Dragon Order of Arcanix & Entropy

i guess i have made a do not loot run list but never a do not play list so your doing better than me after 3 years on khyber.i know i try to join some groups and they wont have me or even send a tell saying sorry when they still have room so i must of made someones do not play list not that i give a rats ass its a game play with who you want and the best way to avoid said type of people is make your own raids or partys and i always do. some pugs are great and other pugs are harsh but thats life on khyber.
    lunarsong

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    He already knew better!
    Did he? Or maybe you were spreading rumors......
    Ghallanda: Val'Istri Veladorn Leader of Explorers of Eberron
    Khyber: Velystri Veladorn, Zesstrya Yauntyrr, Jhaelryna Yauntyrr
    I do not have Enemies..... They are ALL Dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Draconus View Post
    Did he? Or maybe you were spreading rumors......
    Whatever! I already nerfed you in another thread anyway!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    Khyber - unlike every other server I have played on, is very much dominated by a few huge guilds. The fun and good players have all gotten into one of them and they don't pug much. Run with the Mature Adeventurers Club (MAC) or the Loreseekers and get an invite to one of them. They are really good people who don't pug much and will improve your experience appreciably..
    I would also add that when people do pug they tend to pug with the same people over and over again. Or they invite people who they like to pug around with. I know I often pug with same core group of players all the time.
    Hera & Skadi - SOR
    Herra & Esir - clr

Khyber - unlike every other server I have played on, is very much dominated by a few huge guilds. The fun and good players have all gotten into one of them and they don't pug much. Run with the Mature Adeventurers Club (MAC) or the Loreseekers and get an invite to one of them. They are really good people who don't pug much and will improve your experience appreciably..
    He forgot the most important guild Deathwatch Guard. The only guild you can get Mayonaise and Shizer together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    Whatever! I already nerfed you in another thread anyway!
    No you didn't. I still die more than you do. MEN!!!

Seriously lol... I haven't had a bad experience since I've been back (about5 wks). I got into a guild, Adventure Inc., that is currently growing with older players coming back. Maybe it's the patients they have with the come back players, but I've gotten nothing bit love. I've also increased my friends list and haven't had to add anyone to the dng list... yet.

Community Member Asherons_Chosen's Avatar

First off, the best, one of the oldest and most exclusive guilds on khyber is "Paragon's of Valor"...

Second, if you haven't been through all the raids on Khyber you can't start complaining about your anti-friends list being too long. You haven't met half the ******** on the server... probably haven't even decided whether or not you like "Shafted" yet (if you've even run w/ him)...

So don't come to our server trying to start no DRAMA (cuz we don't like drama queens!) - for somebody find you in the pub and give you a BOLDRIN-like tongue lashin!

And anywho you gotta list your characters so people know who you are and can ensure you have a pleasant welcoming experience here.
    Grawwl (Father of the Bennette Family Warriors) - now with FP of the defender and Bloodstone! ) || Graaol || Graaul || Graaveen - the Healing Uncle

--- "You have no characters" <-- LIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asherons_Chosen View Post
    First off, the best, one of the oldest and most exclusive guilds on khyber is "Paragon's of Valor"...

Second, if you haven't been through all the raids on Khyber you can't start complaining about your anti-friends list being too long. You haven't met half the ******** on the server... probably haven't even decided whether or not you like "Shafted" yet (if you've even run w/ him)...

So don't come to our server trying to start no DRAMA (cuz we don't like drama queens!) - for somebody find you in the pub and give you a BOLDRIN-like tongue lashin!

And anywho you gotta list your characters so people know who you are and can ensure you have a pleasant welcoming experience here.
    leave shafted out of this!
    lol
    lunar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Draconus View Post
    No you didn't. I still die more than you do. MEN!!!
    I don't know about that. I have heard Hordo dies walking up to NPC's.
    Hera & Skadi - SOR
    Herra & Esir - clr

Community Member

Really?

I think your take is off. Khyber is full of PUGs, and generally pretty solid quality PUGs.

I think there's a Loreseeker in almost every group I join, and I seem to join a lot of the leader's shrouds, so I'm not sure what you mean by saying they don't pug much. I see MAC around all the time as well.

Default I'm with Strakeln, here.

I think one of the best things about Khyber is how serious the vast majority of our players are. I'm happy to group with anyone from MAC (I'd even considered inquiring about membership in MAC) or Loreseekers, and frequently do.

Khyber pugs rock.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Really?

I think your take is off. Khyber is full of PUGs, and generally pretty solid quality PUGs.

I think there's a Loreseeker in almost every group I join, and I seem to join a lot of the leader's shrouds, so I'm not sure what you mean by saying they don't pug much. I see MAC around all the time as well.
    Very true Strake, you can find a pug Shroud or 3 every morning EST Monday - Friday
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Community Member

The only thing I can think of is maybe Redraider is still at the lower levels after moving to Khyber? It's a whole different world down there.

Up at capped play, you see the same folks all the time. I love the Khyber PUG experience, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Community Member CardaddictedSean's Avatar

Server is small, family like setting. Your going to see alot of the same people over and over again. Sometimes they will **** you off, sometimes you'll have lots of fun. But in the long run, your stuck with em, like it or love it

Default not a PUG

i would not define playing with the "same core group of players" as a PUG

it is actually the opposite

as to Khyber, i used to play there when i first started, i left for Argo before the server merges due to low population

i definitely agree that Khyber is dominated by a few guilds & that pugging leaves a lot to be desired (i periodically take vacations from Argo, and i have not returned to Khyber since my last 2 or 3 month vacation there in late 2007/early 2008)

i am currently on vacation on Ghallanda & the PUGS there are pretty good & i am not returning to Argo or Khyber anytime in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by KenKan View Post
    I would also add that when people do pug they tend to pug with the same people over and over again. Or they invite people who they like to pug around with. I know I often pug with same core group of players all the time.
    Last edited by CSFurious; 02-16-2009 at 12:53 PM.

These khyber posts are like watching two dogs screw sure it's funny at first, but it makes me feel dirty down deep inside.
    __________________________________________________ _
    My Grandfather once dated Madonna. Right around WWII.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSFurious View Post
    i would not define playing with the "same core group of players" as a PUG

it is actually the opposite

as to Khyber, i used to play there when i first started, i left for Argo before the server merges due to low population

i definitely agree that Khyber is dominated by a few guilds & that pugging leaves a lot to be desired (i periodically take vacations from Argo, and i have not returned to Khyber since my last 2 or 3 month vacation there in late 2007/early 2008)

i am currently on vacation on Ghallanda & the PUGS there are pretty good & i am not returning to Argo or Khyber anytime in the near future
    Late '07 and early '08 was shortly after the server merge, when we were in the "forming" stage of group development... never a good time to assess a group. I'm sure many of us can remember this time, pugging was rough to say the least.

Now, when we say that we see the same "core group of players", keep in mind that the stated "core group" numbers well into the hundreds.

I'll state this again - from what I've seen, anyone making or agreeing with the above statement or the one made by the OP appears to be basing such information on outdated (1+ year old) or non-representative (lowbie) data.

If we seem a bit defensive on this, it's because a lot of us on Khyber take pride in our PUG scene, and having uninformed people rip on it really chafes our skin. I highly encourage anyone who shares such an outdated opinion to stop by our server again and see the changes for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Late '07 and early '08 was shortly after the server merge, when we were in the "forming" stage of group development... never a good time to assess a group. I'm sure many of us can remember this time, pugging was rough to say the least.

Now, when we say that we see the same "core group of players", keep in mind that the stated "core group" numbers well into the hundreds.

I'll state this again - from what I've seen, anyone making or agreeing with the above statement or the one made by the OP appears to be basing such information on outdated (1+ year old) or non-representative (lowbie) data.

If we seem a bit defensive on this, it's because a lot of us on Khyber take pride in our PUG scene, and having uninformed people rip on it really chafes our skin. I highly encourage anyone who shares such an outdated opinion to stop by our server again and see the changes for themselves.
    Or better yet they can stay away and we'll keep the quality of our pugs high
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast