Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loot All Button

Faster looting? Just what every one of us in the looting business strive for. Trimming a loot run down from 90 seconds to 80 means a big boost in net profits. I love anything that adds looting efficiency!

Nice one!
    ~PESTILENCE~
    Looting's our business and business is good.
    Officer On Thelanis - Deathseer, Deathslasher, Deathcount, Deathslicer, Deathspinner, Deathsneak, Deathswiper, Deathdoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    It's a button on the chest UI right below the list of items, it does not currently have a keybinding, but that's not a bad idea.
    Only tangentially related (by the word all); delete all for confirmed mail, Please!!

all 3 of these are very cool

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

LOL, well, it's functional. Of course, with backpack's being so haphazardly arranged by the placement of items in and out I can see many a player looting items and finding them later and saying, "Geez where did that come from?" because they hit loot all and did not look at what came out of the chest to at least remember to go and sell.

Better sorting and organizational tools for our backpacks would be a nice addition to "loot all".
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Better sorting and organizational tools for our backpacks would be a nice addition to "loot all".

Please, with extra sugar on top.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    LOL, well, it's functional. Of course, with backpack's being so haphazardly arranged by the placement of items in and out I can see many a player looting items and finding them later and saying, "Geez where did that come from?" because they hit loot all and did not look at what came out of the chest to at least remember to go and sell.

Heck, I do that now. It seems to happen most often in the wee hours of the morning, which is also about the same time that the pyramid of empties topples over.

I like the loot all button. I also like the idea of locking backpack slots, so things stay where I put them.
    Drink Old Sully's, after a couple pints even Orcs look good!
    Proud member of The order of the Silver Dragons

Community Member

This is gona cause massive lag i just know it O_o great idea tho
    Health-Aundair 16th lvl cleric,Denzal 16th lvl wizzard
    Hotnsexy 13fighter 3pally,Start 16 barb
    Hotnsweaty 6 monk,U 9 cleric , Murphys 15fighter1pally,older 15clr1barb,glazzed 14/2 barb,fighter

I've been asking for this since Beta.
    About time.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by jackabat View Post
    The point of being a pure rogue isn't handling traps, it's murdering people.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    How about "Release All", which marks the remaining items as free for anyone to take? (And which prints a message to that effect in the Loot chat)
    Only if we make you do a thumbprint verification and recite the alphabet backwards first! Just kidding... but having a one-click "give all my stuff to someone else" button is a very sensitive subject, and would have to have some SERIOUS confirmations happening.

My husband ran Valak's and received the rose diamond from Dead Girl. He was like 'boo I hate you rose diamond" and dragged it out to destroy it. Confirmation box came up "Would you like to destroy the Dragonshard?" ... yes, I want to destroy the stupid rose diamond. Wasn't until after it destroyed his dragonshard that he realized he should have read the confirmation box :X (I never let him live that one down heh)

I've seen players delete their characters even though we make you type your character's name in the box so it's things for us to take into consideration with something like that

10. 02-06-2009, 08:44 PM

You have just admitted the rose diamond is a stupid stupid end reward for what is a pretty hard quest for its level! please change this immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Only if we make you do a thumbprint verification and recite the alphabet backwards first! Just kidding... but having a one-click "give all my stuff to someone else" button is a very sensitive subject, and would have to have some SERIOUS confirmations happening.

My husband ran Valak's and received the rose diamond from Dead Girl. He was like 'boo I hate you rose diamond" and dragged it out to destroy it. Confirmation box came up "Would you like to destroy the Dragonshard?" ... yes, I want to destroy the stupid rose diamond. Wasn't until after it destroyed his dragonshard that he realized he should have read the confirmation box :X (I never let him live that one down heh)

I've seen players delete their characters even though we make you type your character's name in the box so it's things for us to take into consideration with something like that

I have done the add all.. Repair all.. only to register that I hit the SELL ALL.. that stunk. this was before buy back but after lock down, so only lost what was not locked.
    Brotherhood of the Blood Xoriat
    We are the blood,
    We are the madness,
    WE ARE XORIAT.

Community Member

I've seen players delete their characters even though we make you type your character's name in the box
    Heal unfortunately can only cure Feeblemind, not stupidity; that said, I am not sure we should be basing game design decisions around the idiotic stupidity displayed by some

How about we take a lesson in what NOT to do from the Education system and program for the smart people for a change?

Last edited by LA_MIKE; 02-27-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Not sure if asked BUT, how will LOOT ALL be effected by backspace. Like potions, if you gain it after backpack is full, like from jester, it gives you a warning but holds that 1 item off in nowhere till you clear backpack of one slot.

I see the potential of not 1 but maybe many items this could effect depending on how close attention someone pays to thier inventory. ATM since you click 1 at a time, you can't over loot even by 1 item. Loot all could end w/ 3 or 5 items not going into your backpack.

Hate to see people loosing item like tomes or vorpals or OMG a WoP because it poofed from lack of space.
    3 Parts Potassium Nitrate, 1/2 part Charcoal and 1/2 part Sulfur add external heat source and PHOOSH!!!!!
    Aegean-Clr, Balar-Ftr,Cyclonik-Wiz, Davir-Rog, Soroden-Sorc, Towong-Mnk, Waring-Rng

better faster looting? yes please. i hope it pans out.

Tired of having to place each item from the treasure chest into your bag? You will be able to use the "Loot All" button to automatically have all the items in the chest that dropped for you placed right in your inventory with a single click! Items that bind will still ask for a confirmation prior to ending up in your inventory.
    Sweet, bring on the easy button
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Hi Welcome was first used in the DDO Forums on June 13th, 2009 in the Argonnessen forums by Milamber69.
    Milamberr ~ Tempes ~ Coldrage ~ Temphealz ~ Temptunez ~ Tempstar

keep the LOTRO features coming
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

Quote Originally Posted by lastprophet View Post
    You have just admitted the rose diamond is a stupid stupid end reward for what is a pretty hard quest for its level! please change this immediately
    At the time of his momentary lapse of reason, it was back before we got the gem bags, auto-gather, and sell gems button heh. He and the rose diamond get along much better these days.

Besides... Dead Girl is a sneaky lady! That book is pure evil, and of course evil characters can't be trusted.

Swete lord above, I LOVE it, and my mouse loves you to.
    Prophits of the New Republic-- Khyber--PnP Vetren of more years then I wish to admit
    Desteria MoonStar-Sorc20--Mcgruf The Crime Dog-Dwarf Ftr12/Pal3/Rgr5
    Annibelle of the Woods-Rgr20--St.Fut H'Tennek-H-Orc Barb 20
    Kwaiii Chang Caine-Monk 20--Sandradee-Bard 3

Default /signed

Like the idea. Someone touched on this, regarding a release all button. Off to the side of each item, a "release" button would be cool. Many people often leave components, arrows, gems, etc., in the chest others want. But, most people (including myself) won't take the time to reassign all these. Maybe you don't want to release everything, but just individuallly release certain things, ie. +5 tools, components, scrolls.

At the end of the day, having JUST a loot all button is better than nothing. Just some ideas to think about.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast