Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Personally, I'd like any alterations to the map to look like character-made markings (think John Madden describing plays). This would be flavorful and would ensure that additions to the map would be clear:
    If they do this...I sentence you to multiple Shroud runs with me where we just do Part 2 over and over again!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    Any chance of a map improvement that allows players to draw on it like an interactive white board?
    Where fellow party members can toggle who's notes/drawings they are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by YoDKC View Post
    Please allow us the ability to resize the map. The enlarged size in many cases is still too small. Make it so we can enlarge it like other windows where we can drag the corner up to the full size of the screen and don't forget zoom (+/-).
    You will in fact be able to resize the map in M9. I'm quite excited about this (Thanks Zyrca!). If time permits giving the map optional transparency is another thing I'd love get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    You will in fact be able to resize the map in M9. I'm quite excited about this (Thanks Zyrca!). If time permits giving the map optional transparency is another thing I'd love get done.
    Neat.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    As part of our effort to help new and returning players, we're continuing to refine our in-game map...

One of these changes is a quest/adventure area feature that shows shrines and chests on the map once you've discovered them!
    I'd like to see a 3D wire-frame map (perhaps transparently colored) that I can rotate in any direction and see where everything is located.

(Thanks Zyrca!)
    Zyrca lives?!? Does this mean that there’s hope for more inventory space saving gear in Mod 9?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

If time permits giving the map optional transparency is another thing I'd love get done.
    I think this quote might end up in my signature the next time someone explains that the developers "don't have the time" for making an actual gameplay change.

Hurrah!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

While we are fixing maps, will we finally get maps for areas like restless isles where there currently are none? (sub-maps)
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I think this quote might end up in my signature the next time someone explains that the developers "don't have the time" for making an actual gameplay change.
    Negative nancy.

/troll
    "Oh yes, I bring the funny."
    Szalkerous - Aytara - Gilanthlas - Ambralas
    Proud veteran guild officer of the Umber Hulks on Thelanis.
    Proud guild member of the Knights of the Silver Dragon on Thelanis.

Nice.

Very cool.
    "Oh yes, I bring the funny."
    Szalkerous - Aytara - Gilanthlas - Ambralas
    Proud veteran guild officer of the Umber Hulks on Thelanis.
    Proud guild member of the Knights of the Silver Dragon on Thelanis.

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by InSoNiAc View Post
    Looks like a nice touch to help new players - and me

Any plans to modify the maps to make them more helpful in quests which have a number of areas which are stacked on top of each other or which have a number of indoor outdoor areas?

Some which spring to mind are Chains of Flame, Caverns of Corromar, Tempest Spine.

Great work on the dev updates.
    Indeed. Indoor/Outdoor maps, and views of the maps that can show levels would be a grand enhancement.

muffinmapper
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

i kind of like that many of the dungeon maps look like what you would see in the covers of a DnD module. I don't know about maps made with 3-d wire frames that you can rotate and zoom. For the most part they are not needed and quests are playable without always having a working map.

The RPer in me would like maps to be a function of intelligence so that those 3d zoomable wire frames are reserved for the INT 34 wizzies while those INT 8 barbarians get an empty box with the text "U r Hear" in a crayon like scrawl.

anyway, putting shrines and chest on the current maps are nice. Placeable notes/markers would also be nice if they could ever be added.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    The RPer in me would like maps to be a function of intelligence so that those 3d zoomable wire frames are reserved for the INT 34 wizzies while those INT 8 barbarians get an empty box with the text "U r Hear" in a crayon like scrawl.
    Now that would be funny.

If it wasn't for all my 8 Int characters I would agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Actually, they are making the Map easier to use - not Shrines.
    Meh. I see it as making the shrines easier to use by making it easier to find them =)

Now if only areas like tempest spine would show up properly in maps..
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Default Finally a Chance

The chest and shrine mapnotes will only appear when *you* find them.

There are a couple other map improvements that you'll be hearing about soon.

Something many of you have brought up, multi level maps, and indoor/outdoor maps are not in the works at this time. There are some technical issues we need to work out (we do know it would be great to have!).

Hail. Im so glad the map issue is being delt with. I personally hate having the WHERE DO I GO AND WHAT DO I DO part of the game SLOW me down.

I have played since launch and never left. Sure some of you will say I lack memory recall or even worse. But seriously. Im not alone.

I just hope someones listening when I say.

WE NEED THE WHOLE ADVENTURE COMPENDIUM OVERHAULED.

Just a few points, and this is for all those like myself who hate relying on the EVERYDAY, great memory recall players. To contantly tell us where to go that have to guide us like children sometimes.

Don't get me wronge. I know around 40% of the: AREAS, QUEST STAGES ECT.

But without being abe to pull anything up while the games up. Maps do me little good. Although I have printed out the outside areas like Meridia,Gianthold ect.

So anw with that said and my eggo exposed here is what would make the game so much more fun for myself. NOT TO MENTION: Create more people WILLING TO LEAD A GROUP like myself.

1) Example Quest Info: Quest A

a) pick quest up at (((this house at this location and talk to ect)))).
    b) here is what the TOTAL OBJECTIVE is. If this includes a chain (say so and tell us who we will need to talk to)
    c) JUST BE MORE SPECIFIC. There is so much useless information bout queast.
    OK dummy proof if you want. Im not to thick to admit this is what Im asking for.

A) While in a quest. How about a ON/OFF tracer like I have seen in other games which show you where you should be going. A wronge way sighn so to speak. Im sure you all would figure the mechanics out just fine.

B) My main point is that the way it is now. Leaves 50% of us at a disadvantage and frankly gives cause not to quest. If it where easier to navigate. I believe the game would HOLD more players.

I tell you this much. If just these where improved. You would have at least 50% more leadership arise. Willing to LEAD PARTIES.

There are a good many players who HATE leading. These are some of the main reasons I have gathered.

Go ahead flamers. If you will.

On the other hand if anyone else can orchistrate the points Im trying to make, better. Have at it.

I just hope Nvigations do get better. Till then I'll be following someone else
    Last edited by paldera; 03-01-2009 at 07:50 PM.

In the world of the mice. We follow the maze built for us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345