Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mean Time To Tier III?

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything easily with search.

I'm a relative Shroud noob due to an extended break from the game mid-2008. What would folks estimate is the number of Shroud runs necessary to collect necessary ingredients for a Tier III item, on average? 10? 50? 300?
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

In my experience, it's about 4,637.
    Maveriq Wiley... Benefaqtor... Spyqe... Masqot Von Chaedence...
    Ghallanda

Trade List

To get the exact ones you want, over 20. You will need to trade items to get everything you need.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    To get the exact ones you want, over 20. You will need to trade items to get everything you need.
    That's the key. I built my dual shard item after 8 runs. I had all the mediums I needed from those runs. I was short a good number of smalls but was able to get those from guildmates or trades. I looted 2 large scales on my first 3 runs. I traded for 2 of the 6 large scales I needed and then paid 600k plat for the final two.

I'm now up to 13 or so Shroud runs and haven't pulled another large scale. I can't even estimate how long it would take to build a dual shard item without trading.

One important thing to remember that helps prevent frustration is that ANY ingredients you pull will help. Even if you have 5 large chains, pulling two more may allow you a 1-1 trade with someone for the shrapnel or bones you DO need. I found it very easy to trade similarly sized ingredients for what I wanted (with the exception of scales, of course).

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything easily with search.

I'm a relative Shroud noob due to an extended break from the game mid-2008. What would folks estimate is the number of Shroud runs necessary to collect necessary ingredients for a Tier III item, on average? 10? 50? 300?
    Probably about 10 for a first single shard tier III item maybe less? All depends on shards drops, ingredient drops and what you want to craft... My first a min II (dual shard) took maybe 'bout 15? but that's twice the larges and my terrible luck with loot... I was pressed for a superior shard and had well over the larges I needed... I was lending out large scales in the interum.
    Last edited by Emili; 01-21-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Community Member

Around 20/dual shard tier 3. ~1.5 larges/run, 24 larges required. However, because certain ingredients are required more frequently than others, it's closer to 20 than 16.

It took 15 runs of Shroud to gather all the ingredients needed for my first tier III dual-shard item. However, I also swapped a few ingredients with other people to make sure I had the ones I needed.